On 9/14/2018 at 8:46 AM, zugu said:

It would be a Dream!!!! :wub: :thumbup: :clap3:

yes that would be a dream!
flashing with a J-link programmer is not rocket science!

Indeed, I already had the J-link from an old project :) I have flashed 4 MiniPRO to 1.1.9 now, without incident.

I see China is advertising new V8 dongles (that don't freeze up with the firmware upgrade) for less than $20... The old J-Flash ARM 4.20a Windoze software for XP works fine with the MiniPRO CPU! Any info about the MiniPRO control firmware would be useful - especially where it interrogates the battery pack to figure out if it has a non-Ninebot, or Mini, or 310Wh MiniPRO capability. I think this is why the N3M240 and N3M260 are only 700 Watts, even though I posted how the shorter-life battery packs can safley put out the same 27Amp peak currents as the 310Wh one which gives the MiniPRO N3M320 its 1000W (peak) output rating...

Edited by trevmar

Anyway. ...even with a J-Link and being able to use and doing hardware solderings on the motherboard..:unsure: We at last will need the mod firmware with unlocked limits in order to flash it and finally get a 23-25Kph machine. ..:rolleyes: and still results that this firmware can't be bought and download from nowhere....:crying:

Well. This YouTube shows NineBot Mini running at 23KM/h. Modified firmware. I have added a cross link. We need to unify people! 

Personally, I would prefer a 19MPH machine [30KM/h]. But, at least, this definitely proves the speed values can be successfully changed at a firmware level!

I get so hacked off, when the T bar lifts back up, just when I'm building up speed. And then an electric scooter whizzes past me at 25KM/h...

This gokart kit was announced by Ninebot today: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ninebot-electric-gokart-the-coolest-gokart-ever#/

It's basically a frame that you attach to the minipro that allows you to sit and steer it like a gokart.

The most interesting thing I saw about it was the top speed:

image.png.b0786f14898b1b034f7900b92a3e7d86.png

Given that it looks like you just attach the minipro and can start driving, it must mean that whatever firmware is in the cart can override the minipro's speed limit. Unfortunately that firmware might also disable a bunch of important stuff, like the self-balancing, in order to get the gas/brake pedals to work.

The kart kit didn't oblige to a firmware update..... seems like is a special and dedicate connection that enable the app to recognise the device as kart and let you set it in the app;)