Thailand, driving on 35C plus, capacitor, Ks14d

US69

Hello forum friendship,

jusy some report of my thailand(rented) KS16 experience this year!

ladt year I drive the island:rock with its unbelievable high hills and temps without temperature without probs...this year I run In a special problem of the board V1.2 of KS16!!!

on a about 800m steep, steep hilll just at the end of the hill once the pedals got weak and I have To run away in front direction! Wheel still working....was no cut out!

but behaviour of the wheel afterwards!!! and why i Write  this a a warning:(again) :/)

WHENEVER you experience a kind of weak pedal when pushing....and a kind of vibrating/pedal weakness  on higher speed THERE IS something wrong with your capacitors!!!!

i drove two days on but then on a another strong steep hill experienced my first cutout on a KS ever.....the Fuse blow!

why it blows: one of the capacitor wires on first occasion burned and that's why the wheel gets the obove written behavior and over short or long it will put immens stress on fuse/mosfets:and especially batterie !!!

I wrote especially this warning before, but was to stupid to do/recognize it for my self :-(

this prob is especially known to KS16 board v1.2 and some old Ks18...:.so again: not normal behavior on a Ks: check the capacitor connection!!!

fortunaltly the fine guys from KS thailand sent my KS instructions to make A kind of 1.3 board out of the 1.2 board , a new fuse, a new board if the  repair don't work etc etc.....

and from tomorrow I am on the Thai Koh tao hills again :-) repairs work all...but till tomorrow only have a 30A Fuse....*^#}}{ small Island ;-)

some of Ks14D experience in BKK: Hard as hell!!! Powerfully more than every!!! other 800w 14inch wheel I drive.....unbelievable nice and stable build wheel.....a self seller!!!!

when my KS16 runs again I continue this report with a Koh tao driving video!!!!

greetings to a all friends and mod colleagues here!!!!

2 more weeks and than money for the next wheel will be safed ..... :-)

Aaaaah....and whoever has a KS16 board 1.2:

...I can provide the original KS INstructions how to do a 1.3 board out of a 1.2 board.... just bare me some time!!!

21 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Aaaaah....and whoever has a KS16 board 1.2:

...I can provide the original KS INstructions how to do a 1.3 board out of a 1.2 board.... just bare me some time!!!

Please do, although I don't know if I ever need that information really, but just interested... since you mentioned capacitors, is there any other difference than larger / more bypass caps?

On 25.5.2017 at 5:16 AM, esaj said:

Please do, although I don't know if I ever need that information really, but just interested... since you mentioned capacitors, is there any other difference than larger / more bypass caps?

It's not more or larger caps...

But there is a difference, the instructions I got from KS even tell you to rip of a small chip under/near the capacitor! And to completely redo the capacitor connection to a much "shorter" wire one....

what happens to me on (first place) that the capacitor burned a wire seams not to be the major problem of the board 1.2..( as i understood from my talks with KS Thailand).it is more that on that version the fuse gets burned a lot earlier on stress than on board 1.3 (what then happens as my stupid, foolish self did not react to the -easy- recognizable pedal weakness)....

i am still in Thailand so bear me some time till end of next week or so....for sending you the pdf's

i am really, really annoyed that this "fuse/capacitor problem" was a known, even when seldom  KS16 problem and not Properly communicated by KS!

@meepmeepmayer

in May's I always spent some energy in my other hobby: Diving ....

several 4-6 meter whalesharks this year :-)

But dying in a crash could have been possible also....ok, that's perhaps a bit to much ...but the fuse cutout broke me (at least) one or two rips...

If I wouldn't have had wrist guards and knee pads on....it would have been worse...or if my head would have  hit the ground as a helmet was missIng (and that all on a small island without hospital and "real" rescue)

Archived