Msuper v3s hit 47km/h easy, WOW.....

17 minutes ago, Questor said:

So I took the ACM out last night and I guess I'm comfortable with it.

Max speed 30.3 mph = 48.76 kph

Q~

Screenshot_20170602-090115.png

Based on pedestrians hit by car national statistics:

• Risk of serious injury. 50%.  Ex 10 falls. 5 fill cause serious injury.
  • Risk of Death 30%. Ex 10 falls. 3 will die. 

I HOPE YOU WEAR FULL PROTECTION. Be safe.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Questor said:

Q~

Hopefully you looked like your avatar when doing this :) 

The ACM reported speed is ~10% optimistic so your real world speed was ~27mph, which is still damn impressive for the 67v version of the ACM. I never took mine that fast for fear of my life ;) 

Love the ACM :thumbup:

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Could have been the 84V version too, they both report the same voltage;)

Too fast for both - 1.45 km/h away from "???".

Yes, the voltage is not correct, but personally I never look at the voltage. All I care about is the speed and battery level, and those are accurate.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM reported speed is ~10% optimistic so your real world speed was ~27mph,

What about MSuper?  I always read this about all Gotways, yet my MSuper shows the same speed as GPS does.  I checked several times by switching between GPS app and Wheellog/Gotway app and values were nearly the same in area of 15-30km/h.

Then I left Wheellog and GPS app in the background, went on a ride, and after that both apps showed exactly the same max speed = 39.3km/h.

2 hours ago, vla said:

What about MSuper?  I always read this about all Gotways, yet my MSuper shows the same speed as GPS does.  I checked several times by switching between GPS app and Wheellog/Gotway app and values were nearly the same in area of 15-30km/h.

Then I left Wheellog and GPS app in the background, went on a ride, and after that both apps showed exactly the same max speed = 39.3km/h.

I own the ACM, MSuper, and Monster. The ACM and Monster are both ~10% too optimistic. The MSuper seems just about perfect, like yours :D

The speed difference could be also tire pressure related. Not sure how many mph would it affect. I would suspect that running at max pressure gives the most accurate speed because the wheel circumference is consistent and at the largest level. 

Running with lower PSI the GPS lower.  The wheel thing it is one speed but because the actual wheel diameter is smaller due to lower pressure the GPS will  show slower that what the computer in the wheel things. 

1 hour ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

The speed difference could be also tire pressure related. Not sure how many mph would it affect. I would suspect that running at max pressure gives the most accurate speed because the wheel circumference is consistent and at the largest level. 

Running with lower PSI the GPS lower.  The wheel thing it is one speed but because the actual wheel diameter is smaller due to lower pressure the GPS will  show slower that what the computer in the wheel things. 

Never even thought of that. But it must be true, the wheel can't know the exact tire diameter. Great point!

3 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Nope, pressure has no discernible affect on accuracy of the built-in speedometer. It's consistently off by 10% on the ACM and Monster, but never the MSuper. Other people report the same issue, including @vla  

You guys are nuts with these speeds! I guess you don't have kids to take care of..?

I tried an MSuper S+ the other day. Although 32kmh felt very stable I wouldn't say it feels safe.  Always think anything can happen. Disconnected wire, motherboard failure, etc. A car  cutting you off. Anyway, I sound like my mom... Be safe, you all!

On 2017-05-24 at 3:51 PM, Steve Persona said:

Felt very smooth and stable , just scared the hell out of me when it beeped at me .Only had it beep at me before once at 32.3 mph with first and second alarms off and immediatlely  slowed down , but it felt like there was more left

wheel speed 2.jpg

Oh, there's more left, until there isn't. The difference between the feeling of the comfortable "it can go faster" and the realisation "no it can't" are just a couple of miles per hour.

That's the nature of the beast: brushless electric motors are super-smooth up till the point where they can't give you any more. Guess why we have alarms...

If you're going to push the limit, may I recommend full MC-gear with full armor, integral helmet, boots, back-plate, neck-protection and so on. Falling freely at 35mph can do interesting things to your unprotected body if you're not unreasonably lucky.

On 2017-6-2 at 4:57 PM, Questor said:

Q~

"Mwahaha!! Good...GOOOOOD!" (Darth Sidious Voice). I commend you Questor, your journey to the Dark Side is Complete! :angry::thumbup:

No seriously, jokes aside. I shouldn't influence such trails at the risk of one's safety. Glad you didn't rekt.

Quick question. How much do you weigh? 

35 minutes ago, Eddrush said:

"Mwahaha!! Good...GOOOOOD!" (Darth Sidious Voice). I commend you Questor, your journey to the Dark Side is Complete! :angry::thumbup:

No seriously, jokes aside. I shouldn't influence such trails at the risk of one's safety. Glad you didn't rekt.

I give up!. I cant stand this recklessness.  I am serious! Someone will end badly. I just dont get it. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED.

4 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

I give up!. I cant stand this recklessness.  I am serious! Someone will end badly. I just dont get it. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED.

The quote is from StarWars was more in reference and directly aim towards his avatar (in jest). 

I'm sure Questor is fully aware of the consequences now and will act accordingly.  

On 6/5/2017 at 4:00 PM, Eddrush said:

I weigh 185 pounds. 

Actually the highest speed and most voltage use was at the final straightaway to my house, which is a slight uphill.

(I no longer have the graphs...)

But you are all correct.  For regular cruising 20 to 25 mph is perfect and reasonably safe.  I do wear a skateboard helmet, motorcross pants with knee and hip armor, and bicycle gloves when riding, and I am considering getting a full face MTB helmet or using one of my dirt bike full face helmets.

Do, or do not... There is no try.

Q~

Ok...my son was doing 24.4mph on the ACMlast night according to my wheelllog...i could hardly watch.

Minutes later he did a torso twist at 8mph to avoid a bump...you should see the carnage. :(

18 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

Ok...my son was doing 24.4mph on the ACMlast night according to my wheelllog...i could hardly watch.

Minutes later he did a torso twist at 8mph to avoid a bump...you should see the carnage. :(

I hurt my meniscus at maybe 6-7mph.

Pedestrians suddenly swerving diagonally across the bicycle road, and me braking and twisting to the left. I had a "time-slows-down"-moment when I realised I would hit the very high curb and fall, and so put my foot down in front to come to an instant full stop...

I stopped, but goddammit it hurt. Luckily no tearing sounds, and it turned out my meniscus was inflamed but not torn. It took me a couple of weeks before I walked normally, but I still prefer that to the face-plant a curb hit could have led to. There's no telling what would have happened as the curb was high enough to hit the pedals. Maybe I would have been able to run off into the ditch, but probably I would have come unbalanced and stumbled...

1 hour ago, Bonzo said:

oh no! is he all right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 5:49 AM, Bonzo said:

Just saw this thread now.  I hope your child is okay.  It's no fun to think about kids running into trouble.

Archived