Msuper v3s hit 47km/h easy, WOW.....

I wasn't trying to push the wheel at all, I went for a good/ long ride, some part through the park where nice and flat, I guess I just pushed little too much, but it didn't feel like it.

Again, I normally don't ride like this, its just nice to know that the wheel got it if there is a need. Im 165 lbs./ 75 kg.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've owned ACM V2 680battery sence Sept.2016 and I pushed it once to 40 km/h according to app. In comparison, from what I remember Msuper V3S felt much, safer... I was really riding effortless.

ACM was pushed to its limits, cutoff at 45 km/h, wondering if/ when he gets Msuper if he would try same test, hmmm...  I would expect Msuper cutoff at 55 km/h, maybe little more... but I WILL NOT be the one trying it.

2 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I wasn't trying to push the wheel at all, I went for a good/ long ride, some part through the park where nice and flat, I guess I just pushed little too much, but it didn't feel like it.

Again, I normally don't ride like this, its just nice to know that the wheel got it if there is a need. Im 165 lbs./ 75 kg.

I would guess that going on a slight down slope you could probably risk going faster than 47kph. From the air test you might be able to go 60kph but that leaves no margin. the minute the power is needed you might not be able to have it.

The video also says in multiple places not to exceed 48kph when riding on a flat. Just be careful. Crashing because exceeding limits is not smart and the pain is not worth the short lived exhilaration.

If I had this wheel, I would not go pass 40kph. that is 25mph.

2011PedestrianRiskVsSpeed.pdf

injury speed.jpg

6 minutes ago, codersarepeople said:

It's pretty clear that this guy can cruise above 50 km/h, in the snow.  I don't know what you're talking about accelerating in that video above...the video fades from one point to another, there's no sudden acceleration.

that is why his wheel just shut down at 0:47 seconds.  See just the sudden ZERO power.

crash.jpg

5 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

that is why his wheel just shut down at 0:47 seconds.  See just the sudden ZERO power.

crash.jpg

the high speed is when he is going perfectly flat or slightly down grade see early how he is standing perfectly straight meaning he is putting no power request to the wheel indicating he is on a down slope.  when he crashes he is leaning forward pushing the wheel and it just failed.

But go ahead. 

38 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

crash.jpg

scariest thing about that crash was the potential for the tire to smash his ballsac!

17 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Last time on my MSuper 3 1600 I was averaging 19mph and it felt slow, and on my Inmotion I was averaging 9.5mph and it felt fast.

Hahaha so true, 20 km/h feels like walking speed on my ACM.

4 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

This video shows clearly that at 47kph you are 3 kph from death. you can see the wheel executing a tiltback acceleration and shutting down around 50kph.

According to the translation, it said it is a no load test. So consider yourself lucky!

http://cafe.naver.com/gev010/18

These were exactly my thoughts  -  3km/h away from "something".

At 50 km/h something unusual happens (on the ACM at least, the msuper has the same motor but maybe different firmware), the motor does not just go on like normal. Not sure what exactly the behavior is. @Radislav You mentioned this once, maybe you know details?

And 50 as per the wheel, not real speed if that is different.

Just saying for posterity (this is not meant as a criticism of what @yourtoys7 did), once the wheel hits 50 something happens. So don't try this at home.

5 hours ago, Obly said:

On a separate note, this isn't the first time I've seen what looks like crazy low voltage readings on GW wheels. Are they designed to run (safely) with such low voltage? My KS-14C practically shuts down if I try to ride it below around 55 V.

Gotway lies to us:) 84V wheels pretend to be 67.2V.

35 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

At 50 km/h something unusual happens (on the ACM at least, the msuper has the same motor but maybe different firmware), the motor does not just go on like normal. Not sure what exactly the behavior is. @Radislav You mentioned this once, maybe you know details?

While performing idle (in the air) speed test, I noticed that the gradual speed increase continued up until it reached 52 km/h, then the speed inevitably jumped to its idle max 67 km/h. Below 52 km/h I was able to control the speed by tilting the wheel - decrease it a bit, then increase again. Above 52km/h it became impossible - it just jumps to its bear maximum and turns off. This could give us a hint about max safe speed of ACMs+ in real life.

@Radislav Thank you!

Wondering how it would play out when riding for real. It makes no sense to give the rider extra speed before a crash inevitably happens anyways. So why the crazy unstoppable (?) spin up? Does it really do that in real life? Instead of using that for emergency tiltback or whatever...

1 hour ago, Radislav said:

While performing idle (in the air) speed test, I noticed that the gradual speed increase continued up until it reached 52 km/h, then the speed inevitably jumped to its idle max 67 km/h. Below 52 km/h I was able to control the speed by tilting the wheel - decrease it a bit, then increase again. Above 52km/h it became impossible - it just jumps to its bear maximum and turns off. This could give us a hint about max safe speed of ACMs+ in real life.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Radislav Thank you!

Wondering how it would play out when riding for real. It makes no sense to give the rider extra speed before a crash inevitably happens anyways. So why the crazy unstoppable (?) spin up? Does it really do that in real life? Instead of using that for emergency tiltback or whatever...

Pure speculation on my part too, but as people have suggested, tiltback requires the wheel to apply more torque (and thus accelerate) to change the angle, so it could be that the wheel is trying to tiltback as a last resort, but unloaded the speed shoots up to the max immediately and causes it to shut down. I'm not suggesting anyone to try out this theory in real life, though, falling from 50+km/h doesn't sound too good...

15 hours ago, esaj said:

Pure speculation on my part too, but as people have suggested, tiltback requires the wheel to apply more torque (and thus accelerate) to change the angle, so it could be that the wheel is trying to tiltback as a last resort, but unloaded the speed shoots up to the max immediately and causes it to shut down. I'm not suggesting anyone to try out this theory in real life, though, falling from 50+km/h doesn't sound too good...

that acceleration is just the tiltback kicking in and since the angle did not change the wheel will just spin faster until it shuts down. And again the number will go down as the battery voltage goes down.

On 2017-5-24 at 8:45 PM, Radislav said:

I dunno about that, I'd never push the acm to 52km/h. It was never my intention to push wheel but one evening ride (whilst snapping out of a day dream on a long straight path which didn't require much attention) I happen to notice I was going fairly fast. I tell ya - experiencing cutoff whilst in a day dream could've been a rude awakening. I have my phone attached to my wrist via phone wrist strap so I can easily tilt to the direction of my face and monitor all telemetry on app. Upon doing this; to my shock n' awe, I was going 28mph/45kmh, without any beeps going off (I have first & second alarms disabled). Now you can imagine out of curiosity I wondered was this by some stroke of luck, and, could it be achieved again. I made the attempt to verify my results under the same circumstances. Since then I have managed to attain the same speed and a few more times without cutoff or beeps. Closer inspection revealed on every occasion I was above 70% battery life. Btw, this was all on the same acm(s) 1300wh unit & firmware both me and Marty have. 

So my analysis/opinion - I don't recommend this on 5 important factors:

*on a 67volt unit. (I've witnessed riders experience cutoff @43, 44, 45km/h. You are literally redlining @41, 42 km/h) Which under observation is the maximum speed a 67volt acm can be pushed.

*below 70% battery life. 

*Under my current study - someone who weighs more than 70kg (could vary?). 

*whist on a steep incline (obviously). Putting that much stress on the wheel under load will most certainly make the motor cut out.

*debatable whether firmware could play a role.

2017-05-11 18.55.02.jpg

I have enabled 2nd alarm, going to work/ back was very annoying to hear that 2nd alarm, lol. When I checked my app., it show max 37 km/h.

What's interesting is that Msuper V3s comparing to acm is just soo smooth, absorbs side walk or other little bumps incredible, absolutely love this machine.

18 minutes ago, Questor said:

Just a question.

How did you get your Wheellog ap to show MPH?

Q~

I thought that was it's default, didn't realise it could be changed :blink:

I've never messed with the settings tbh.

I have 2 phones (older Galaxy Ace 2 for personal, other strictly for EUC & Apps) and right now I'm at work and can't tinker with it cause it's home <_<

1 hour ago, Questor said:

Just a question.

How did you get your Wheellog ap to show MPH?

Q~

Swipe from the left to enter the WheelLog configuration screen. You can set custom alarms there too.

Archived