Msuper v3s hit 47km/h easy, WOW.....

I pushed the wheel a little (I think)... but was able to hit 47 km/h WOW... what was surprising is how effortless  this machine can be pushed :)) Seriously, unbelievable, comparing to ACM that I did hit 40 km/h. Msuper felt, firmer, more stable, safer. ACM is an amazing machine, but cruising/ commuting, Msuper is the boss

Alarm 1, 2 disabled, tilt back/ disabled, I did not hear 80% warning... = It can be pushed more :))....

IMG_0826.PNG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed how much faster my 84v ACM was over the older ACM. I'm sure the newer MSuper is the same, so I can imagine how your MSuper can feel even better at speed.

I didn't know that you were into pushing the limits. Be wary about going too fast. I've never gone beyond 40 on my ACM or Monster - worried about potential consequences :cry2:

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I noticed how much faster my 84v ACM was over the older ACM. I'm sure the newer MSuper is the same, so I can imagine how your MSuper can feel even better at speed.

I didn't know that you were into pushing the limits. Be wary about going too fast. I've never gone beyond 40 on my ACM or Monster - worried about potential consequences :cry2:

I'm not <_<, just got little to comfortable... Im sure it could do better.

maybe next time, hmm....

80% warning is only for the batteries!!!!!

Not the motor. And the motor does something at 50 km/h so be careful. I think at 50 it spins up to 65 where it switches off. Not sure how that would work out in practice, would it slow down once the spin up pushes your weight/the wheel's balance back, or it just spins blindly until switch off.

I have only taken it over 40kmh once and even tough it felt stable I still feel uncomfortable at those speeds and I was wearing full motorcycle safety gear. I don't recommend you pushing it any further better safe than sorry. We have the same wheel and I get that feeling of wanting to push it also, cruising at 20-25kmh on this wheel feels slow but above 40 is just crazy on a single wheel with the current design technology.   

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

80% warning is only for the batteries!!!!!

Not the motor. And the motor does something at 50 km/h so be careful. I think at 50 it spins up to 65 where it switches off. Not sure how that would work out in practice, would it slow down once the spin up pushes your weight/the wheel's balance back, or it just spins blindly until switch off.

I dont think I will, its just the way it went... cruising very comfortable...

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

I have only taken it over 40kmh once and even tough it felt stable I still feel uncomfortable at those speeds and I was wearing full motorcycle safety gear. I don't recommend you pushing it any further better safe than sorry. We have the same wheel and I get that feeling of wanting to push it also, cruising at 20-25kmh on this wheel feels slow but above 40 is just crazy on a single wheel with the current design technology.   

Usually Im at 30-35 km/h, this time just felt like i could push it for test sort of...... Not sure if/ when I'd do it again. Helmet, gloves, elbows/ knee pads.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Imagine what Monster V2 will do, hmm........

8 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Imagine what Monster V2 will do, hmm........

V2?  Do you know something I don't :confused1:

Just now, Marty Backe said:

V2?  Do you know something I don't :confused1:

no i don't, I like to get 2nd. or 3rd. gen., when little things are worked out. I'm very happy with Msuper V3s, to me its a monster, ha ah...

Last time on my MSuper 3 1600 I was averaging 19mph and it felt slow, and on my Inmotion I was averaging 9.5mph and it felt fast.

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

I pushed the wheel a little (I think)... but was able to hit 47 km/h WOW... what was surprising is how effortless  this machine can be pushed :)) Seriously, unbelievable, comparing to ACM that I did hit 40 km/h. Msuper felt, firmer, more stable, safer. ACM is an amazing machine, but cruising/ commuting, Msuper is the boss

Are you using GPS measured speed or data from the EUC? Sorry, I assume it's a known app I should be familiar with, but I'm not.

When I use a GPS tracker on my rides, it tends to exaggerate my max speed and I've learned not to trust it too much. Could just be a flaw in the app I've been using, but I did wonder if the 47 km/hr is exaggerated a bit.

I'm not trying to throw water on your accomplishment! It just seems like, taken at face value, you'd be pushing the very top speed the wheel has to give, so I'm surprised to hear it felt like there was so much power still in reserve.

45 minutes ago, Obly said:

Are you using GPS measured speed or data from the EUC? Sorry, I assume it's a known app I should be familiar with, but I'm not.

When I use a GPS tracker on my rides, it tends to exaggerate my max speed and I've learned not to trust it too much. Could just be a flaw in the app I've been using, but I did wonder if the 47 km/hr is exaggerated a bit.

I'm not trying to throw water on your accomplishment! It just seems like, taken at face value, you'd be pushing the very top speed the wheel has to give, so I'm surprised to hear it felt like there was so much power still in reserve.

I've seen the same thing with my GPS devices. I only trust what the wheel reports, and then you have to calibrate the wheel recordings. My MSuper and Monster report speeds/ranges that are ~10% too fast/far. My ACM is right on the money.

35 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

funny thing is, I trust gps app better, GW app says 51km/h, cant  be that good, hmm...

Ive tested this app. with my wife driving behind us, it is as good as it gets...

That's consistent with my observations - your GW app is about 10% faster than reality.

Still, GPS can be iffy because it's based upon indirect measurements which are translated into speed. The wheel reports speed based on a direct RPM measurement. But in your case you must have a good phone and good GPS visibility.

1 hour ago, Steve Persona said:

Just thought I would share this!!! Look at the top speed. This was on 1600 Monster

wheel speed.jpg

Suicidal :D

6 hours ago, Steve Persona said:

Just thought I would share this!!! Look at the top speed. This was on 1600 Monster

wheel speed.jpg

Looks good :), did it feel stable or like you were pushing it too the limit?, hope you had your full gear on.

Felt very smooth and stable , just scared the hell out of me when it beeped at me .Only had it beep at me before once at 32.3 mph with first and second alarms off and immediatlely  slowed down , but it felt like there was more left

wheel speed 2.jpg

10 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Ive tested this app. with my wife driving behind us, it is as good as it gets...

Sounds good! To be fair though, no matter how good the app, GPS accuracy is also state-dependent--at any given time, satellite signal interference or maybe even the processor/RAM load on your phone can degrade it. I trust average speed ratings fine (the measurement errors balance out over time), but I'm naturally skeptical of instant speed ratings. I'm not advocating that you repeat a dangerous experiment (:w00t2:;)) but seeing a particular speed rating reliably in different settings and times of day increases confidence a bit.

8 hours ago, Steve Persona said:

Congrats! (for surviving too! :efee96588e:)

On a separate note, this isn't the first time I've seen what looks like crazy low voltage readings on GW wheels. Are they designed to run (safely) with such low voltage? My KS-14C practically shuts down if I try to ride it below around 55 V.

20 minutes ago, Obly said:

Sounds good! To be fair though, no matter how good the app, GPS accuracy is also state-dependent--at any given time, satellite signal interference or maybe even the processor/RAM load on your phone can degrade it. I trust average speed ratings fine (the measurement errors balance out over time), but I'm naturally skeptical of instant speed ratings. I'm not advocating that you repeat a dangerous experiment (:w00t2:;)) but seeing a particular speed rating reliably in different settings and times of day increases confidence a bit.

Congrats! (for surviving too! :efee96588e:)

On a separate note, this isn't the first time I've seen what looks like crazy low voltage readings on GW wheels. Are they designed to run (safely) with such low voltage? My KS-14C practically shuts down if I try to ride it below around 55 V.

FYI, he's using the Wheellog app which is not GPS based. It displays telemetry provided by the wheel itself. Gotway speeds are always ~10% too fast, so his actual speed was sub-30mph - but still damn fast!

Above page does not load for me.

On youtube you can find electro-sport.de test.  Msuper v3s+ gave up at:
1. 67km/h without load
2. 63km/h with 75kg load

Question is whether load test takes air resistance and other factors into consideration.

30 minutes ago, vla said:

Above page does not load for me.

On youtube you can find electro-sport.de test.  Msuper v3s+ gave up at:
1. 67km/h without load
2. 63km/h with 75kg load

Question is whether load test takes air resistance and other factors into consideration.

I dont agree.  You can not use the top speed of the tilt back. 60ish speeds are already when the wheel does the tilt back and that is basically too late.

On the 75kg loaded you can see that around 40ish the wheel suddenly accelerates. that acceleration point is when the last tilt back takes effect and should be your last warning that something bad is about to happen in the next 2 seconds.

Archived