Ninebot E N1O least restrictive firmware version?

alcatraz

Hi fellas... Just scored a used E that only has gone 100km.

I read how fw 1.4.0 is more restrictive than 1.3.5 for E+ owners. Is there any such distinction for the N1O E model? What are you N1O guys running?

Anyone analyzed the firmware versions? I'm not afraid to do it myself. I just have a good feeling someone has already tried. 

Has anyone successfully tried to modify a firmware? Are there any third party firmwares?

/a

I think not that many people still got E model. But_ really, with 9BDgrader package you can always try them all out yourself and make sure you get the best fw for your use.

I know @Rotator have an E an got more than 7000km on the clock. Maybe he could chime in here?

On 5/26/2017 at 8:11 PM, Rotator said:

Near 8000km now.

I have more than 1000km since the last firmware update (I have the last versión available)

No problems at all.

Thanks Vik's and Rotator!

Hey Rotator, didn't you notice a cruising speed drop going from 1.3.5 to 1.4.0?

/s

On ‎28‎-‎05‎-‎2017 at 8:29 AM, alcatraz said:

Thanks Vik's and Rotator!

Hey Rotator, didn't you notice a cruising speed drop going from 1.3.5 to 1.4.0?

/s

No. But my model is an E, not an E+.

On 5/29/2017 at 4:59 PM, Rotator said:

No. But my model is an E, not an E+.

Mine too, ok so 1.4.0 is good for model E then. Cheers. 

Now I'm just going to waterproof the mainboard and battery compartment with some latex sealant. Then try to get as many kilometers as I can.

I'm amazed at how little space there is between the tire and the magnesium frame. It's like 1-2 millimeters. Gonna have to frequently open the thing up and rinse out any mud that gets stuck there.

I'm running the tire at 55 psi. A bit harsh but handling is nice and predictable. I'm 62kg.

Also i'm down to motion setting 4. I hear 3 is what most people end at after becoming long time users. Is this right?

Cheers /a

28 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Also i'm down to motion setting 4. I hear 3 is what most people end at after becoming long time users. Is this right?

3 is a default setting out of the box. And many just settle on it. I've tried all of them settings and found that 4 is the most balanced setting for me.

13 hours ago, Vik's said:

3 is a default setting out of the box. And many just settle on it. I've tried all of them settings and found that 4 is the most balanced setting for me.

Do not update the app on Android, or you will lose setting 4.  All you will have is 0,3,6, and 9.  I really liked setting 4, it was my favorite setting, but now I stay on 3 most of the time, sometimes I try 6, but there is a dead zone on 6 that is annoying, other than the dead zone it rides pretty smooth.  You don't really notice the dead zone on six unless you are trying to stop and go backwards, or do a pendulum.

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

Do not update the app on Android, or you will lose setting 4.  All you will have is 0,3,6, and 9.  I really liked setting 4, it was my favorite setting, but now I stay on 3 most of the time, sometimes I try 6, but there is a dead zone on 6 that is annoying, other than the dead zone it rides pretty smooth.  You don't really notice the dead zone on six unless you are trying to stop and go backwards, or do a pendulum.

Hmm... I installed the latest version from playstore, 3.8.2 to see if there are any options present that are unavailable in older app (like factory reset, detailed battery info, charging sycles etc.). Nothing new though.

But I still can choose any "suspension setting" from 0 to 9 and slider is working reliably.

You could try to install an older app, choose desired setting and then update the app again?

15 hours ago, Vik's said:

Hmm... I installed the latest version from playstore, 3.8.2 to see if there are any options present that are unavailable in older app (like factory reset, detailed battery info, charging sycles etc.). Nothing new though.

But I still can choose any "suspension setting" from 0 to 9 and slider is working reliably.

You could try to install an older app, choose desired setting and then update the app again?

You are lucky your slider still has all the settings.  I just tried mine again with a stylus instead of my finger, in case it might work better, but only have 0 3 6 9.  I'll just live with it and hope a future app update is better.  I don't know how to downgrade the app, i know you posted a firmware downgrader, but I like 1.4.0 pretty well, and other than the suspension settings being lost, it all works fine so I'll just wait for the next app upgrade notification.  Oh, yeah, the previous app version would always start with a screen with Chinese writing on it that I had to bypass to get to the speedometer screen, that went away with 3.8.2, so that was good.

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

You are lucky your slider still has all the settings.  I just tried mine again with a stylus instead of my finger, in case it might work better, but only have 0 3 6 9.  I'll just live with it and hope a future app update is better.  I don't know how to downgrade the app, i know you posted a firmware downgrader, but I like 1.4.0 pretty well, and other than the suspension settings being lost, it all works fine so I'll just wait for the next app upgrade notification.  Oh, yeah, the previous app version would always start with a screen with Chinese writing on it that I had to bypass to get to the speedometer screen, that went away with 3.8.2, so that was good.

Oh, I just meant the app, not firmware downgrade. Because you can choose any app version on your mobile with v1.4.0 on the wheel. Did you try a v3.5.1? It seems to be a great version and I cannot see the chinese wtinting you describe there.

The slider problem though... Could it be something with display resolution? I remember I had some troubles to choose a sensitivity settings for miniPro on an odd LG mobile with low resolution, slider would just hop between lowest and highest exremeties.

you can choose any app version on your mobile with v1.4.0 on the wheel.

I did not know that, I thought once the app updated, you could not go back.

The slider problem though... Could it be something with display resolution? I remember I had some troubles to choose a sensitivity settings for miniPro on an odd LG mobile with low resolution, slider would just hop between lowest and highest exremeties.

That's a possibility, I changed phones a few months ago, it's a Samsung from Tracfone, usually Tracfones are older models.  It"s likely the phone since you still have all the suspension settings.

Archived