Monster 1600Wh top range test !

Hi guys,

After reading Marty's achievement with his 2400Wh Monster, I decided with a friend to test out the max distance possible with the 1600Wh version, and the results were pretty good ! After riding for about 6h54minutes mostly on flat roads & bike lanes, at an average speed of 17.39kph, we've passed the 120km mark, with 29% battery remaining at standstill ! This was done in one trip.

I weight 140lbs, my friend weights 154lbs (he had 19% left).

I'm very happy with the results, the Monster is very good long distance EUC, only the pedals could be better (I prefer the ones on the Msuper3), for those who wondered if the distance that Gotway sais the Monster can achieve is correct, well here is the answer, considering that we were going pretty slow (but with nice sceneries so it didn't feel too long) and that we are pretty light, but still I didn't expect such good results !

Here are some pics :

Nn5wUZQ.jpg

pxEB1le.png

OG5w5P0.jpg

Those are fantastic numbers! You have quite the stamina to take a ~7 hour ride and live to talk about it ;)

And you still had almost one third battery capacity left. You could probably get much closer to my numbers, and with a 1600wh version of the Monster!

Are you going to continue the test to see what your final numbers are if you run it down to ~15%?

So I guess we can conclude that if a person doesn't ride the Monster like a monster, they can achieve exceptional distances on a single charge.

One final question: Are you now going to repeat the test but at 35 - 40 kph?  :w00t2:

What do you have printed on your Monster. Something ... "Dead" ???

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Those are fantastic numbers! You have quite the stamina to take a ~7 hour ride and live to talk about it ;)

And you still had almost one third battery capacity left. You could probably get much closer to my numbers, and with a 1600wh version of the Monster!

Are you going to continue the test to see what your final numbers are if you run it down to ~15%?

So I guess we can conclude that if a person doesn't ride the Monster like a monster, they can achieve exceptional distances on a single charge.

One final question: Are you now going to repeat the test but at 35 - 40 kph?  :w00t2:

What do you have printed on your Monster. Something ... "Dead" ???

Thanks !

I probably won't run it down to 15% as I am satisfied with the numbers and don't want to go out with the monster for a 20km ride, I may teste out the range at 30-35kph but I don't know when.

It's "the walking dead" series that is printed on it ;)

That is a very cool report!

I was curious about the sign in the photo. Was bedeutet "nicht geräumt und nicht gestreut"? Google wasn't very helpful, as I don't understand how a bike path can be "not vacated and not scattered"!

5 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

That is a very cool report!

I was curious about the sign in the photo. Was bedeutet "nicht geräumt und nicht gestreut"? Google wasn't very helpful, as I don't understand how a bike path can be "not vacated and not scattered"!

"geräumt" means to be cleared from snow, "gestreut" means to put gravel on the (icy) path.

Archived