Any other Raleigh / Duraham, NC euc riders out there?

stevedig

I've been riding for a couple of years. I'm on my second euc now but in all this time I've never run across another euc rider on the road in Raleigh. Not on any of the greenways I ride and not downtown where I ride almost every day. (I work in the city and my euc is how I get around downtown.)

I thought it would be nice to get together and ride with some other people for a change. 

Msg me or reply here if you are in the area and would like to get together for a ride.

• 7 months later...

I'd heard a few people mention seeing another person riding around downtown Raleigh. A woman asked me about my wheel and mentioned seeing another riding downtown not long ago. I work downtown and ride around there quite often. I occasionally hit the greenways too. I'm partial to the neuse river greenway. i like riding along the river.

Less this time of year tho. Now it's just utility trips to the store or out to grab lunch and back. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 2:55 AM, stevedig said:

I'd heard a few people mention seeing another person riding around downtown Raleigh. A woman asked me about my wheel and mentioned seeing another riding downtown not long ago. I work downtown and ride around there quite often. I occasionally hit the greenways too. I'm partial to the neuse river greenway. i like riding along the river.

Less this time of year tho. Now it's just utility trips to the store or out to grab lunch and back. 

Hey , what’s up man. I’m in Aberdeen,NC. About 50miles south of Raleigh down US1. No one , and I mean no one other than me has an EUC around here . I’d love to try and meet up one weekend , wouldn’t mind the drive to be able to ride with another person for once !

On 2/6/2018 at 9:52 PM, Scott Henley said:

Hey , what’s up man. I’m in Aberdeen,NC. About 50miles south of Raleigh down US1. No one , and I mean no one other than me has an EUC around here . I’d love to try and meet up one weekend , wouldn’t mind the drive to be able to ride with another person for once !

When the weather warms a little, a joy ride would be great. Perhaps we could get @Holtto join us...

9 hours ago, Holt said:

I’ve got a new 18s on the way and need to take it on a nice long test run.

You're going to need to change your stance a little, toes out a little and always bend your knees in turns. No locking out the inside knee and adjusting with pressure on the opposite side. If you lock the inside knee (lazy turn) you will push yourself off the side of the EUC because of it's height. You need to swing that inside knee out of the way to let the EUC lean. Every time I get back on mine I have to re-learn to ride it. It's different. It's also a great ride.

• 9 months later...

I'll be in the Old Stage Road area of Garner from December 19-23rd.  I've been riding there the last couple of holidays, but this time I'll be with a much better wheel for long distances.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, Kenzi said:

I'm in Raleigh (north-ish) and down to join others for riding. I've been riding alone for 6 years!

I live in Asheboro area but I am totally up for meeting up with other riders!

I think the best thing to do is to state what path and when you want to ride, and others can join in if it fits their schedule.

I'm considering heading to the Umpire Parking @ Sanderson HS and taking the Greenway trail around Shelly lake and back (that's 3.3mi) if anyone wants to join.

High of 50 and mostly sunny. It's all paved, but there might be patches of leaves, mud, puddles.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, my name is Jeff, I live on lake Gaston (nc/va line). I haven’t met another rider in this area. Been riding about seven months. I will travel. And there are some decent trails up this way too. But same old gets a little repetitive. I don’t always check my emails, but 3putthater@gmail.com. 603-566-0738. Would be cool if we could get a little group meet up once or twice a month. I traded in my V 10 for a V 11 to get a little more range. Give me a shout/text/email about any time

• Like 1

Jeff, great to meet you!  Would be great to meet up once the v11 gets in.  Of course, I sill have to learn how to ride it! :D  But, I'm confident in my abilities and have done plenty of youtube research to know what to expect.  I'll definitely give you a shout as soon as I'm up and running.  Probably May time frame.

-Matt

• 2 months later...

Hey! I’m in Chapel Hill. I just got an Mten3 this week but it seems I’m a natural (or all my analog uni days weren’t all for naught) and I’m already considering an upgrade. I’d love to ride or meet up. I doubt I could handle trails on an Mten3 but let me know if you pull something together. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 11:34 PM, deltaEV said:

Hey! I’m in Chapel Hill. I just got an Mten3 this week but it seems I’m a natural (or all my analog uni days weren’t all for naught) and I’m already considering an upgrade. I’d love to ride or meet up. I doubt I could handle trails on an Mten3 but let me know if you pull something together. 

It would be great to meet up around Chapel Hill.  I haven't rode around there before.  We can probably find some greenway/bike trails around Durham/Chapel Hill.  Yes, you'll probably want an upgrade after seeing the v11, it's not the fastest wheel but it's powerful and can sustain 25-28 mph no problem.  Also, suspension is great.  I feel very confident on all kinds of riding surfaces which the v11. 

Not sure if I can break away for a ride this weekend, but I'll post on Friday or Saturday if I can do a Monday ride.   I think it's going to rain on Saturday or Sunday.

-Matt

• 1 month later...

"Oak City OneWheel" is a large group with EUC, e-board and scooter riders too.  They can be found on Facebook and are hosting a big riding festival this weekend.

We will be riding 9mi around Jordan Lake tonight at 6, leaving from the Flower Cottage at Dorothea Dix park.

• Like 1