New user, New Wheel

Jeff_Nelson

Hey guys,

I just picked up my new wheel last week and have been riding ever since! I love it and I am getting better and more confident with each ride. Having that said I do have a few concerns. I am currently on the Gotway ACM 16 V3s+ 84v with a 1300wh Battery. What is the safe crusing speed for this to avoid any power cuts and face plants? Anyone have any idea on actual range? I was told about 50 miles. Also I would like to know how the different drive modes affect speed and battery consumption(Leisure, Power, and the other). Thanks for any feedback!

1 hour ago, Jeff_Nelson said:

Hey guys,

I just picked up my new wheel last week and have been riding ever since! I love it and I am getting better and more confident with each ride. Having that said I do have a few concerns. I am currently on the Gotway ACM 16 V3s+ 84v with a 1300wh Battery. What is the safe crusing speed for this to avoid any power cuts and face plants? Anyone have any idea on actual range? I was told about 50 miles. Also I would like to know how the different drive modes affect speed and battery consumption(Leisure, Power, and the other). Thanks for any feedback!

He only safe speed is zero speed. 

Also it not a fixed number. Mathematically the safe speed is the sped at which the RPM of the wheel produce a back EMF voltage below the actual battery voltage level. As the battery drains the safe speed is lower. Also going up hill you could exceed the battery BMS max current and will cut out. 

You need to understand the technology. 

If you have no wind, going on flat surface and full battery you could temp the gods and go very fast.  But tempting technology on unpredictable world is a bad idea. 

The manufacturer post their safe speed. I would obey that. And understand as your battery goes down the number goes down. And some day something will go wrong and you will fall and you need to understand that and be ready mentally and with protective equipment. 

Have fun. I love my EUC

Archived