Ninebot One Carry Handle Repair

RooEUC

When mine broke I made a strap from an old belt that works well.  That thread is here

But eager to restore the look, I decided to try to repair the original handle. I used a scrap piece of CNC aluminium. I do not think anyone has attempted this yet so I gave it a try. The photos should be pretty explanatory. Total cost: $0.00.

I don't feel very confident carrying it but so far it is holding. 

IMG_7380.JPG

IMG_7524.JPG

IMG_7525.JPG

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

IMG_7541.JPG

IMG_7542.JPG

6 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

When mine broke I made a strap from an old belt that works well.  That thread is here

But eager to restore the look, I decided to try to repair the original handle. I used a scrap piece of CNC aluminium. I do not think anyone has attempted this yet so I gave it a try. The photos should be pretty explanatory. Total cost: $0.00.

I don't feel very confident carrying it but so far it is holding. 

Good job! And you've just reassured me in my theory that it would be easy to fix the broken 9b1 handle.

I am still puzzled why nobody tried to fix a broken handle. Mine is still going strong but I have always had a plan to fix it if it would snap off.

5 hours ago, Vik's said:

Good job! And you've just reassured me in my theory that it would be easy to fix the broken 9b1 handle.

I am still puzzled why nobody tried to fix a broken handle. Mine is still going strong but I have always had a plan to fix it if it would snap off.

Thanks! It's working exactly as the original, but to be honest I don't think my fix will last forever. The weak link is the steel epoxy compound I used to glue the aluminium in. I have tried swinging it and shaking it up and down and it holds fine but on the long term I think it's likely to loosen and come out. Maybe I'm wrong but it makes me nervous.  Do you know of a stronger glue I can use if this fails? The one I used is a mixture of epoxy and steel fibres.

(By the way, @Vik's I still have not had time to reply to your pm from last week but I will soon)

1 hour ago, RooMiniPro said:

Thanks! It's working exactly as the original, but to be honest I don't think my fix will last forever. The weak link is the steel epoxy compound I used to glue the aluminium in. I have tried swinging it and shaking it up and down and it holds fine but on the long term I think it's likely to loosen and come out. Maybe I'm wrong but it makes me nervous.  Do you know of a stronger glue I can use if this fails? The one I used is a mixture of epoxy and steel fibres.

I am thinking something like a treaded hole in the handle and epoxy would create an improved solution

Archived