Does feet pain go away?

I wanted to add to this topic, as I recently replaced the grip tape on my KS16B with new super rough skateboard grip tape.  It actually made a big difference in foot pain.  My old grip tape was starting to wear out and it seemed like without realizing it I was trying to hold my feet in place and they would get fatigued.  Now with the new grip tape they are more locked in, and it is much more comfortable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

I wanted to add to this topic, as I recently replaced the grip tape on my KS16B with new super rough skateboard grip tape.  It actually made a big difference in foot pain.  My old grip tape was starting to wear out and it seemed like without realizing it I was trying to hold my feet in place and they would get fatigued.  Now with the new grip tape they are more locked in, and it is much more comfortable.

That's a good tip!  I will remember that.

2 hours ago, Xoltri said:

Which grip tape did you use specifically? 

I'll post back with the one I have when I get home because I can't remember, but it was super rough.  If you just go to a local skateboard shop and get their roughest grip tape you should be good to go.  I cut off the ridges on my KS16B foot pad, stuck a piece of oversized grip tape on top, and then used a razor to cut to fit along the metal outer edge of the pedal.  After a few months you can easily replace it.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

I'll post back with the one I have when I get home because I can't remember, but it was super rough.  If you just go to a local skateboard shop and get their roughest grip tape you should be good to go.  I cut off the ridges on my KS16B foot pad, stuck a piece of oversized grip tape on top, and then used a razor to cut to fit along the metal outer edge of the pedal.  After a few months you can easily replace it.

I did exactly the same. Paper with millimeter size grit on it.

Super-tough to cut, but grips really well.

Usually the front half of my left foot hurts.  It typically happens if the road is very bumpy.  I notice it really helps to squat when you see the bumps coming.  I also tried to go a little heavy on the heel and it helps.  If you're not prepared when you hit a bump and the pedal flap back against your foot it aches like a Mo!@#$#$.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Rode over an hour today to test out GeoTracker.  My feet are in agony.  I was praying for red lights :-)

I don't know how Marty does it.  One hour is just a warm up!

I guess the 22inch wheel helps?

Hicking boots will help. Also construction worker boots without the steel toes. 

Having a hard sole will make a huge difference. I did it when I was learning to also prevent twisting an anckle. 

My personal opinion is that an ECU is not really ment for the huge long hall. 

Think about it how your feet would feel just standing for hours on the same spot. The EUC would be actually kinder on your feet than standing on one spot. 

I just don't think it's fair to critiqued the EUC for not been kind on your feet for long periods of time.  But if you have to then you will need to invest on hard sole shoes like hacking boots. 

33 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Hicking boots will help. Also construction worker boots without the steel toes. 

Having a hard sole will make a huge difference. I did it when I was learning to also prevent twisting an anckle. 

My personal opinion is that an ECU is not really ment for the huge long hall. 

Think about it how your feet would feel just standing for hours on the same spot. The EUC would be actually kinder on your feet than standing on one spot. 

I just don't think it's fair to critiqued the EUC for not been kind on your feet for long periods of time.  But if you have to then you will need to invest on hard sole shoes like hacking boots. 

Also how about bicycles?  Those darn micro saddles will kill you crotch until you condition with lots of riding. Even then we use heavy padded  riding pants. 

Edited by Carlos E Rodriguez

15 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Also how about bicycles?  Those darn micro saddles will kill you crotch until you condition with lots of riding. Even then we use heavy padded  riding pants. 

By condition, you mean lose feeling?:D

On 6/1/2017 at 1:17 PM, kasenutty said:

My balls hurt

That sounds like a personal problem.  But if they hurt for more than 4 hours you should see a doctor to prevent permanent injury.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/21/2017 at 9:51 AM, Chris Westland said:

@Scatcat makes good points.  I have a size 11 foot (big for my height) and I hang 10 over the front of the pedal.  It took me a while to figure this out, but the only thing that matters (IMO for foot position) is your body axis aligns with the wheel axis ... that way you are not fighting the wheel.  For me that means my toes hang off the front of the pedal.  +1 on suggesting that larger pedals should be an option.  Of course everyone is different, and you really have to experiment to see what works for you.

When I hang my toes, slowing down and stopping feels challenging if not dangerous. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blicky Te️la said:

When I hang my toes, slowing down and stopping feels challenging if not dangerous. 

yup, because it is..  I have learned to move front and back a little on the pedals, depending on intent. Of course, this only helps when I have TIME to move them. Youll find that they are easier to move around at speed with less wobble, if you kind of hop a little weight off them and shuffle. You can grab with legs to stabilize. When going for a long 25mph+ ride, I do compromise immediate stopping power, in efforts to gain an easier more friendly stance on the front. Compromises, compromises. Fwiw, if you do the 'shit' stop (squatting hard), youll find that you can still stop quickly, tho it may seem scary. Also, if you are standing on the far front, it does give you more wheel behind your to leg grab. More forward stance = less lean to maintain same speed. Practice, practice, practice. I use thin sk8 shoes when i ride, tho Im tempted to give the work boots a go for some rocky adventures. Size 11usa foot here..

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2