Because it's flat...

This is too good not too share, especially now that Darryl has proven it scientifically...

And for full disclosure there is also a related story suggesting this might not be quite accurate - http://www.iflscience.com/environment/flatearthers-experiment-goes-viral-just-not-in-the-way-hed-hoped/

But you're a savvy bunch so should see straight through that fake-news. One of you will probably even be able to bust out some math to back Darryl on this too.

And at the risk of getting back on-topic (sorry @Hunka Hunka Burning Love), I have to say that it's a shame - if the earth was round I would always be riding downhill, on an EUC that is perpetually charged. But because it's flat I have to keep plugging in, dammit!

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 4:30 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

This is too good not too share, especially now that Darryl has proven it scientifically...

And for full disclosure there is also a related story suggesting this might not be quite accurate - http://www.iflscience.com/environment/flatearthers-experiment-goes-viral-just-not-in-the-way-hed-hoped/

But you're a savvy bunch so should see straight through that fake-news. One of you will probably even be able to bust out some math to back Darryl on this too.

And at the risk of getting back on-topic (sorry @Hunka Hunka Burning Love), I have to say that it's a shame - if the earth was round I would always be riding downhill, on an EUC that is perpetually charged. But because it's flat I have to keep plugging in, dammit!

Did not read the article yet but is scenes, the effect of going up or down has nothing to do with the shape of the earth (in simple term). We fall and accelerate or rise and decelerate in relation to the angle against the gravitational field vector. 

So at a surface angle of 90deg we feel no force to accelerate or decelerate. At other angles then the gravitational force can act and cause motion. 

Archived