$300 Off Any Wheel! + Gotway Giveaway!

We started a local store in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. OneSeven Electric Unicycles. It has been a blast, as well as a ton of work.

Traffic has been good and a couple members have purchased our wheels online already, but what I really want is for a member of the forum to visit our physical store! I also want to offer a special for that person.

$300 off ANY wheel, plus some OneSeven merch. Whether you want to spend $199 or $2199 we have something for you!

First timers welcome, one of our employees would be happy to help your learn on your new wheel.

We also have a giveaway running for a new Gotway MCM4, it is the pinned post on our Facebook page! You can also enter at OneSeven.xyz if you join our mail list (Site is still a WIP)

OneSeven

321 W Tulsa St

Siloam Springs, AR

SolidJustOneSeven.jpg

Store!.jpg

TheOne.jpg

So you open a store in the middle of no where! Very courageous. Are you hoping to make most of your sales online?

I figured if your profit per unit is $200 and two people running the entire business, you would need to sell about 40 units a month, 10 a week?

if profit is  $200 you would need to sell about 40 units a month, 10 units a week.

if profit is  $400 you would need to sell about 20 units a month, 5 units a week.

==========================

If you drop your expected income to take home then say $200 profit, 5 units a week, 26 weeks, total income is $26,000.

Are my numbers profit numbers per unit too low?

1 minute ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

So you open a store in the middle of no where! Very courageous. Are you hoping to make most of your sales online?

I figured if your profit per unit is $200 and two people running the entire business, you would need to sell about 40 units a month, 10 a week?

if profit is  $200 you would need to sell about 40 units a month, 10 units a week.

if profit is  $400 you would need to sell about 20 units a month, 5 units a week.

If you drop your expected income to take home then say $200 profit, 5 units a week, 26 weeks, total income is $26,000.

I would say at least 75 percent of our sales will be online. We there are 3 of us at the moment. There is a market locally, and maybe a surprising one.

To cover cost of the store and salaries we would need considerable sales, with that being said this is not expected to be profitable for a long time, if ever. I really love EUC's and I feel like I can contribute a lot via this store/brand. I don't run the store myself full time, so this isn't my only project and it will likely be supported by other endeavors for a long time. It is kind of crazy, and it doesn't make a ton of sense, but I imagine the dedication could pay off in the long run. Either that or we get a ton of people into the hobby even if the store isn't a financial success. If I can get people into this, achieve better legal status in my area and even beyond my own, and help build the community this will be a success to me. Eelectric unicycles really did change my life in an awesome way and I know it can do the same for a lot of people.

15 hours ago, Trey Lewis said:

We started a local store in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. OneSeven Electric Unicycles. It has been a blast, as well as a ton of work.

Traffic has been good and a couple members have purchased our wheels online already, but what I really want is for a member of the forum to visit our physical store! I also want to offer a special for that person.

$300 off ANY wheel, plus some OneSeven merch. Whether you want to spend $199 or $2199 we have something for you!

First timers welcome, one of our employees would be happy to help your learn on your new wheel.

We also have a giveaway running for a new Gotway MCM4, it is the pinned post on our Facebook page! You can also enter at OneSeven.xyz if you join our mail list (Site is still a WIP)

OneSeven

321 W Tulsa St

Siloam Springs, AR

Store!.jpg

Congratulations. I like your enthusiasm. I sure wish there was a physical store in Southern California to visit. Arkansas is a bit too far for me to drive ;)

Good luck with your endeavor :cheers: 

15 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Arkansas isn't New York City, but it's not nowhere.

I think you're a glass-half-empty kind of guy Carlos ;)

Let's encourage people like @Trey Lewis instead of throwing cold water in their face:(.

Congrats!  I'm rooting for you guys.  You gotta do what you love.  I also appreciate you spreading the word.  So many people have never even seen an EUC, therefore there is a ton of room for potential growth.  The moment I first saw one I knew I would be getting one.  Now I have 2 and if I had the time, I'd be getting one or two more for sure.  

Get the word out there and I'm sure you'll generate sales.  Best of luck!!

I really really appreciate all the support. I couldn't have and nor would I have started a store if it wasn't for this forum. I know I have never been an active member but I have caught nearly every thread for a very long time. Even the off-topics!

I am certainly enthusiastic, and I think that energy will translate with other in the area. If nothing else it should be quite an adventure!

Congrats on the opening!  Did you have a grand opening day and invite the public?  Maybe hosting a small hot dog/pop/BBQ gathering and doing demo's of the wheels would help kick start things.  Have you considered stocking protective gear as well like helmets, wrist guards, knee pads?  Maybe other things like pylons, ramps, bumper guards, flashlites, LED shoes, etc will help secondary sales.  Maybe make a playlist of favorite Youtube videos, and have that playing on an endless loop on an LCD in the store.  Approach schools to see if any of the teachers teaching physics, electronics, etc might be interested in a class demonstration.  Consider stocking some electric skateboards like what Casey Neistat rides.

Maybe consider advertising for commission based sales people to buy a wheel at a discount, and for every wheel they are able to sell on a referral basis you can give them a cut of the profits.  If you can find a keen person that rides skateboards or does sports (eg. high school / college students), they might be able to reach out to their contacts and help with sales.  Often it's word of mouth with these things.  Print out a bunch of business cards so they can pass out to people with a referral code on the card for a 5% discount.

Maybe if there are some older retired people who own RVs, see if you can make a sale and talk them into being travel reps with your business cards.  RV parks can be large and these wheels are a perfect way to scoot around on.  I remember carrying a huge bag of firewood back to my camping spot.  If I had my wheel with me, it would have made life that much nicer.  There are tons of people, young and old, who go camping.  What better way is there to spread the hobby by having someone zip around on one?  The parks are always a nice, sociable gathering of people.

Be sure to do some informative and review videos on the wheel on Youtube.  Just look at what Ian from Speedyfeet UK has done with the Ninebots and such.  Maybe producing some basic instructional videos would let you direct customers to your how-to videos rather than needing to rely on other peoples.  Improve your online storefront so that you can list and inventory your accessories as people want to make one stop purchases so why not have it all there to add to the cart rather than buying a wheel from you, then having to go to AliExpress or Amazon to scour protective gear, etc.  Have the best of the best pre-selected already so they can easily choose from.

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Congrats on the opening!  Did you have a grand opening day and invite the public?  Maybe hosting a small hot dog/pop/BBQ gathering and doing demo's of the wheels would help kick start things.  Have you considered stocking protective gear as well like helmets, wrist guards, knee pads?  Maybe other things like pylons, ramps, bumper guards, flashlites, LED shoes, etc will help secondary sales.  Maybe make a playlist of favorite Youtube videos, and have that playing on an endless loop on an LCD in the store.  Approach schools to see if any of the teachers teaching physics, electronics, etc might be interested in a class demonstration.  Consider stocking some electric skateboards like what Casey Neistat rides.

Maybe consider advertising for commission based sales people to buy a wheel at a discount, and for every wheel they are able to sell on a referral basis you can give them a cut of the profits.  If you can find a keen person that rides skateboards or does sports (eg. high school / college students), they might be able to reach out to their contacts and help with sales.  Often it's word of mouth with these things.  Print out a bunch of business cards so they can pass out to people with a referral code on the card for a 5% discount.

We have a lot of the LED safety lights and will have protective gear soonish! We have the corner protector stuff for free to use so that no one has to scratch a wheel. 

I really like the idea of approaching the teachers though, that is a cool thought. Literally never crossed my mind.

We are looking at a couple of other items that fit our theme. A lot of it is a matter of time. The last member of my team gets in this month and that will be where our content production will begin.

We had a grand opening event but will likely host another event before the summer is out.

I really appreciate all the feedback and ideas everyone has offered so far, we are very open to different ideas. We want this to be everything it can be. If we don't win business of the year award in our small town I will be a little disappointed! 

You definitely want to watch cashflow as expenses can be high in the first few months.  No sense in going too big and then crashing by investing too much in hard to sell items and stocking too much inventory.  One other idea is contacting Walmart to see if they don't mind you holding some demos in their parking lots in a cordoned off area.  I've seen classic car gatherings and small festivals held in their lots.  I wonder if they would be open to allowing you to show off your wheels for a few hours.  In any case, best of luck to your new venture!

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe consider advertising for commission based sales people to buy a wheel at a discount

Great tactic Hunka! "Sell me a wheel at a huge discount and I will gladly put one of your company stickers on the side and ride around!"

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You definitely want to watch cashflow as expenses can be high in the first few months.  

I agree! Don't sell Hunka a wheel at a discount!:laughbounce2:

35 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great tactic Hunka! "Sell me a wheel at a huge discount and I will gladly put one of your company stickers on the side and ride around!"

I agree! Don't sell Hunka a wheel at a discount!:laughbounce2:

I feel like someone is on to you Hunka!

The site really is quite nice, structure, effort, etc.

I would replace "content" with "Learn more", "Information", "Read up", "All you want to know" or whatever - "content" really is an empty meaningless word. And I would double the top selection font size.

The shop shows battery capacities in Watt (W) instead of Watthours (Wh). And you probably will add some more info about the wheels.

Steal from @Jason McNeil/ewheels.com and have a "comparison" page that gives overview of ranges, speeds, wattages, etc for the different wheels and configurations (of course each wheels' site also should have that info). Since you only sell 3 models for now, a "wheel overview" page might contain all that, as well as descriptions what each model is for and where the high level differences lie.

I'm sure you'll add to the site once you have the time.

No msuper v3? Maybe GWs most popular wheel!

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The site really is quite nice, structure, effort, etc.

I would replace "content" with "Learn more", "Information", "Read up", "All you want to know" or whatever - "content" really is an empty meaningless word. And I would double the top selection font size.

The shop shows battery capacities in Watt (W) instead of Watthours (Wh). And you probably will add some more info about the wheels.

Steal from @Jason McNeil/ewheels.com and have a "comparison" page that gives overview of ranges, speeds, wattages, etc for the different wheels and configurations (of course each wheels' site also should have that info). Since you only sell 3 models for now, a "wheel overview" page might contain all that, as well as descriptions what each model is for and where the high level differences lie.

I'm sure you'll add to the site once you have the time.

No msuper v3? Maybe GWs most popular wheel!

The site is very far from being complete, thus all the empty info boxes and stats. Plus we haven't posted all of our cool stuff like the awesome OneSeven shirts.

We will get the msuper, at the time I had some concerns about it. We will though.

Again, I love the feedback and we will definite implement a lot of these ideas.

To those curious we have two employees that manage the store, one more joining at the end of the month for content creation, and then I am the owner. We want to make sure we always have someone that you can get in contact with for an reason at all. The live chat option will be available during store hours soon!

P.S Our sign is gone, so if you come by and can't find it we are sorry! We willl have a new sign soon and a smaller one for now. Storms with high winds defeated it.

6 hours ago, Trey Lewis said:

The site is very far from being complete, thus all the empty info boxes and stats. Plus we haven't posted all of our cool stuff like the awesome OneSeven shirts.

We will get the msuper, at the time I had some concerns about it. We will though.

Again, I love the feedback and we will definite implement a lot of these ideas.

To those curious we have two employees that manage the store, one more joining at the end of the month for content creation, and then I am the owner. We want to make sure we always have someone that you can get in contact with for an reason at all. The live chat option will be available during store hours soon!

P.S Our sign is gone, so if you come by and can't find it we are sorry! We willl have a new sign soon and a smaller one for now. Storms with high winds defeated it.

cool.  I would load up on riding equipment. Nice high profit margin and it can be used to bring traffic from bikers, Rollerblade, cyclists, motocross, touring motorcycle.

You can sell this mechandise to everyone and possibly pick up casual sales this way for people that don't know and EUC. @Marty Backe would be happy with my constructive feedback. LOL.

Get helmets, hand guards, hip guards, body armor. motor cycle armor jackets, shoes.

elbow knee guards.jpg

full armour.jpg

riding pants.jpg

wrist guards.jpg

Best of luck and success. May I suggest you change your logo, we don't want to promote the idea that these vehicles are supposed to be ridden by crazy maniacal clowns :)

17 hours ago, Adel said:

Best of luck and success. May I suggest you change your logo, we don't want to promote the idea that these vehicles are supposed to be ridden by crazy maniacal clowns :)

I have been a huge fan of Bruce Holwerda well before I was into EUCs and am very privileged to have our his art in our logo. It is crazy, but isn't this whole store?

I really am happy with our logo though, the art behind the logo gives it a lot more value. There is a story and piece to it rather than "Just another logo". OneSeven will never be just another store once we have everything up and running. We want to create a brand people love and support, rather than a store that just meets the needs.

Thanks for the wave of email list subscribers as well! You guys are the best!

13 hours ago, Trey Lewis said:

I have been a huge fan of Bruce Holwerda well before I was into EUCs and am very privileged to have our his art in our logo. It is crazy, but isn't this whole store?

I really am happy with our logo though, the art behind the logo gives it a lot more value. There is a story and piece to it rather than "Just another logo". OneSeven will never be just another store once we have everything up and running. We want to create a brand people love and support, rather than a store that just meets the needs.

Thanks for the wave of email list subscribers as well! You guys are the best!

The logo is growing on me, it's kind of cirque de soleil kinda style. Don't mind my initial conservatism. It looks like you guys have the passion for the business, so that will help you become successful.

@Trey Lewis  I'm taking my wife and six kids on a cross country road trip from californis this summer.  Our route will come real close to your store.  Will that $300 off price be good in July?  Any chance you will be getting any Msuper v3s+ in for sale?  I would love to check out a EUC shop.  Never seen one around here.  I've got 3 of my kids riding electric unicycle now and need to think about buying more so there is no fighting for them?

I love that painting on your site by the way. Who created it? Really nice style.  Translates great to your logo as well.  Visual art is my profession and I love to see quality work like this.  Motivates me to want to do some EUC artwork myself.

Thanks,

Matt

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

@Trey Lewis  I'm taking my wife and six kids on a cross country road trip from californis this summer.  Our route will come real close to your store.  Will that $300 off price be good in July?  Any chance you will be getting any Msuper v3s+ in for sale?  I would love to check out a EUC shop.  Never seen one around here.  I've got 3 of my kids riding electric unicycle now and need to think about buying more so there is no fighting for them?

I love that painting on your site by the way. Who created it? Really nice style.  Translates great to your logo as well.  Visual art is my profession and I love to see quality work like this.  Motivates me to want to do some EUC artwork myself.

Thanks,

Matt

Bruce Holwerda! http://www.bruceholwerda.com/

There is a little bit of a story hear. My favorite musical artist in high school, and even today in many ways is Will Knox. He is relatively unheard of, but his first album is a lyrical masterpiece and I have a million reasons as to why I think that is. Bruce Holwerda did that album art for that piece. I think it was about 7 years ago when I bought The Matador and the Acrobat on vinyl and fell in love with the art. I looked it up and loved every piece he has, the dancers, the portraits, the "orbs", everything. When I got into EUCs I realized how relevant these old paintings were again to me. I really want to feature as much of his art in store as I can afford to. With more time I want to get more of his pieces in,

I doubt we could do $300 at that date, but I am sure we can do something since local pickups save us the shipping costs. We may have Msupers in by that date, but I can't be sure at this point. I do believe we will have some other really cool things you might be excited about before that though! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 7:10 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Congrats on the opening!

That was a great list of ideas! I think it's important to be as active as possible in as many avenues as possible. Be sure something is happening at the store every weekend if possible. Raise your visibility as much as possible. Your store should be the EUC community headquarters in your area. 

Archived