MSuper V3+ wont connect to phone

My MSuper V3 wont connect to any of the many apps I have tried for android. I can connect using an iPad, but the settings wont stick it seems.

Whenever I start the iPad app again the settings are back to default. Dunno if thats how the settings are on the wheel or if its just a visual bug.

But I wont be riding much with an iPad on me, so I need to fix this android issue.

Here is a video of what happens;

2 hours ago, DarkSheer said:

My MSuper V3 wont connect to any of the many apps I have tried for android. I can connect using an iPad, but the settings wont stick it seems.

Whenever I start the iPad app again the settings are back to default. Dunno if thats how the settings are on the wheel or if its just a visual bug.

But I wont be riding much with an iPad on me, so I need to fix this android issue.

Here is a video of what happens;

Many people been complaining about the same issue with the iOS app including me, it's something gotway has to fix, as far as the Android app, what kind of phone are you using?

5 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Many people been complaining about the same issue with the iOS app including me, it's something gotway has to fix, as far as the Android app, what kind of phone are you using?

I'm using an Samsung S7 Edge. I have also tried it with the same result on an old Samsung S3 I had lying around :(

2 hours ago, DarkSheer said:

No, I'm using the one from Gotway, from the facebook groups and the ones found on this page. 

Try electro-sport.de it's in the Android store

2 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Try electro-sport.de it's in the Android store

I tried it, same error actually. It seems to connect, then it behaves as its not connected. Battery and mileage all show zero and I cant change settings.

There must be something wrong with the wheel?

13 minutes ago, DarkSheer said:

I tried it, same error actually. It seems to connect, then it behaves as its not connected. Battery and mileage all show zero and I cant change settings.

There must be something wrong with the wheel?

Can you calibrate it at least using that app or that won't work either

1 minute ago, Shabba said:

Can you calibrate it at least using that app or that won't work either

Nothing worked. Only thing that seems to connect to the wheel is the iOS app. But as I said, it behaves buggy, as if it looses its settings.

So I have to carry an iPad around with me... :(

37 minutes ago, DarkSheer said:

Nothing worked. Only thing that seems to connect to the wheel is the iOS app. But as I said, it behaves buggy, as if it looses its settings.

So I have to carry an iPad around with me... :(

That's weird, does it ride properly?

18 minutes ago, Shabba said:

That's weird, does it ride properly?

Yes, it rides. But I feel like its very slow. So I think its set at soft-ride. I'm expecting more speed when I start, so I actually have problems balancing. Havent ridden such a big wheel before. But I guess its a learning curve. Still would like to control its settings with my phone tho :(

The lost settings is an iOS bug.

What is good you know your wheel's bluetooth works, so the problem will be with Android.

Have you tried the old Gotway app?

It's a loooong shot, but I fixed something where one app would find the wheel and the other not, by enabling GPS/location on my Android phone. You could play around with that (and the app permissions), maybe you're lucky.

Update;

Been out riding a bit with my iPad in hand. It beeps when changing settings, so it seems to work. But I cant tell ANY difference between the 3 modes.

So I dont think the app really does change any setting. The only thing I can tell is working is switching lights on and off with the iOS app.

It doesnt show speed (0 km/h) and it shows 0 on every stat there is. So something is very wrong.

I have tried several versions of the android app(s). The one referred to as "old" isnt really that old it seems? Or is there an ancient version out there I have missed?

Old = 1.X version, from before the 2.X versions that require internet connection/login/account.

I have an ACM, not msuper V3, but the 3 ride modes are notably different. It only switches modes when you are standing still (otherwise there is an error message telling you this), maybe that is why it didn't switch (and no error message due to bugs).

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Old = 1.X version, from before the 2.X versions that require internet connection/login/account.

I have an ACM, not msuper V3, but the 3 ride modes are notably different. It only switches modes when you are standing still (otherwise there is an error message telling you this), maybe that is why it didn't switch (and no error message due to bugs).

I know about the standing still part. I was perfectly still when switching modes. I didnt notice any change in acceleration or otherwise. So I think something is wrong with the wheel.

I dont think I have seen the 1.x version around

2 minutes ago, DarkSheer said:

I know about the standing still part. I was perfectly still when switching modes. I didnt notice any change in acceleration or otherwise. So I think something is wrong with the wheel.

I dont think I have seen the 1.x version around

Oh, I have tried the old 1.x version. Just forgot. It lets me connect. And then when I try to change anything it flashes "Please connect". Nothing works, not even lights.

The ride modes are how soft (delayed) or strong (instantly) the wheel reacts. Soft feels like your wheel is lagging/wobbling below you, hard feels like a tiny error will throw you off.

Maybe there's really something wrong with your wheel itself...

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The ride modes are how soft (delayed) or strong (instantly) the wheel reacts. Soft feels like your wheel is lagging/wobbling below you, hard feels like a tiny error will throw you off.

Maybe there's really something wrong with your wheel itself...

Yeah, I feel like its very lagging. I really need to lean alot to get speed. More than I am used to.

I will contact seller in the morning.

Archived