GotWay 14

^tom^

Yesterday I got my GotWay 14" V2 340wh

Compare to my Rockwheel the GotWay it is very soft (even in the highest setting that I have to use, otherwise I whould flip over) (Rockwheel is very very agressive), but the GotWay is very powerfull too. More a powerfull limo then a KTM cross maschine.

AND it is so quiet......almost nothing to hear exept the sound of the tire rolling on the street.

I love it so far but I have to get used to it!

I am still a beginner and have my first wheel since end of december 2014, but drive daily about 2 hours to practice.

At the moment I can not turn a right turn with the GW and I do not have any idea why not.

The GW has a very good electronic (so far what I found out) to shut down the wheel! It will turn off first the spinnig wheel and after some more pieps it shut the hole machine off.

To climb doesn't seem a problem for this wheel.

So I will drive the Rockwheel more offroad and the GotWay as a streetmaschine.

My review will be continued as soon I have more practice

Drive carefully

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very surprised that you find GW14 soft.  I recently tried a GW14 after only riding SW and found it unpleasantly/unnaturally "firm".   I guess the RW is even more firm!

• 1 month later...

continuation:

I would say the GW14 is a allrounder and can be used for all terain.

There was never any problem with it so far (over 100km on all terain I did with it).

I can drive a distance about 15 to 20km with it befor running out of juice.

It is not too big and not too heavy to handle during driving it or to carry it in a office or so.

Because of the size and the weight, with the GW18 I was not comfortable driving it offroad.

I do not think there are many better wheels for this price, there probably is'nt even one which is better!

It is comfortable to drive at any speed between 4 and 20kph. For short moments faster is no problem even if it gets a litte unstable.

GW does not raise there pedals if you are speeding, which what I like.

I'm wondering if you found GW14 painful on the inside leg?   I found the combination of lowness (compared to 16" solowheel), wideness, and sharpness of of the edge combine to make it quite uncomfortable (compared to solowheel, Gw10 and Gw18 anyway).  I've only ridden someone elses so far that didn't have any extra padding, but I guess the right padding could help (a least with the sharpness issue).  

Not at all! Where did you find a sharp edge? Maybe it was not a GW? I do not use any padding and if something starts to hurt...it is comming from the pedals.

Check you leg lenght too if you have problems ony on one side

Speaking of the pads, does anyone know if replacement pads are available for the gotway 14? Specifically pads that are not red?

I also don't find the need for more cushion on my gotway. It would have been more painful to learn on for sure, but having learned, its just fine the way it is. I just don't like red

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Received my GW14 last week and I am enjoying it immensely!

As the manual is written in Chinese there are a couple things that I am trying to figure out:

Is the motor geared like the Rockwheel? It is so quiet and smooth that I can't imagine that it is geared :)

How do the speed warning beeps work on the GW14? From the app it seems like there are two warnings going off at different speeds. If I turn off the first alarm there will still be another one before face planting right?

Found the info for the speed alarms:

• Once speed reaches 20 km/h, one beep per second
  • Once speed reaches 23 km/h, 2 beeps per second
  • Once speed reaches 25 km/h, 3 beeps per second

Disabled the first one, so two more to go before face plant :D

I think you'll find that the first warning is 2 beeps then 3 beeps and finally 4 beeps/second which sounds like a continuous beep, beep, beep, beep with no long gaps between each series of beeps.:)

@StridAst I removed the red pads and used the 3M double sided tape to stick knee pads to each side of mine.

Much better looking in my opinion and it makes single leg work and mounting/dismounting much more comfortable.

20150518_150207-1-1.thumb.jpg.cf5343150f

• 2 weeks later...

Archived