Unboxing Videos: Msuper V3S+ in red, Monster in blue, ACM S+ in black - your comments wanted!

IvSus

Folks, please let me know your opinion about our first try at the GotWay unboxing videos...
I know there's plenty I can improve, and hope to do so in the upcoming videos!

22" GotWay Monster Electric Unicycle - unboxing

18" GotWay Msuper V3S+ 84V 1600Wh Red - unboxing

16" GotWay ACM S+ 84V 1600Wh - Black - unboxing

Upcoming unboxing: Luffy! :)

Also, please visit our online store: EUC.NYC

Thanks!
Dmitry
(646) 88-382-99

I guess they're good for unboxings, no sure what else should be in such videos, but you could have cleaned up the pile of stuff in the corner:) Instead of the business card, just have a start and end screen in the video with the information. And you called the Monster msuper right at the start of the video;)

Your website does not show the Monster?

Any more videos planned?

I did the packaging-as-stand thing, but was worried you could lock the tire and blow the board if you're really unlucky, so no longer doing that.

Can you tell more about the red msupers, is it the same paint like the Monsters, or rubberized red like the rubberized black? Does GW now sell these to all dealers, and are other colors available (or will be available) for msuper V3 and ACM?

Watched the MSuper one.  Very slow start ... 30 seconds before you even start opening the box, a minute before you pop the lid, 1:45 before the first piece of styrofoam comes out and we can even begin to see the top of the wheel.  Two solid minutes in before we're dealing with much more than the box itself.  

I'd say you can skip to just about 3:00 in before anything much happens, and that's too long.  Could you edit some of that time out, do some of it in fast motion, perhaps drop in some still pictures to show the long time span?  

Either that, or move much more quickly, I think.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:32 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I guess they're good for unboxings, no sure what else should be in such videos, but you could have cleaned up the pile of stuff in the corner:) Instead of the business card, just have a start and end screen in the video with the information. And you called the Monster msuper right at the start of the video;)

Your website does not show the Monster?

Any more videos planned?

I did the packaging-as-stand thing, but was worried you could lock the tire and blow the board if you're really unlucky, so no longer doing that.

Can you tell more about the red msupers, is it the same paint like the Monsters, or rubberized red like the rubberized black? Does GW now sell these to all dealers, and are other colors available (or will be available) for msuper V3 and ACM?

Thank you for the feedback, meepmeepmayer! :)

Oh yes, I hope the great GotWay spirits are merciful to me for calling the Monster "Msuper"! lol
Great point about the background and the on screen, will improve on that.

Do you mean lock the tire by getting a piece of packaging stuck between tire and shell? If I pick it up turned on it tries to do a burn-out on the Styrofoam, but show no sign of getting locked.

Planning to do a Luffy video next week, MCM4 PRO in a month or so, Moonwalk, when I lay my hands on it. And anything else I can get from Gotway.

As for the Red, it is the same one used on the Monster, I believe. It is on the matte side rather than glossy, but it has reflective element mixed in, so it has some metalic shine to it. The best I can describe the color is Ruby Red, and the painted surface feels non-stick - dirt should roll right off (but so does most double sided tapes, that some use to add foam tape protection).

At the time of my order these red shells were only a few left from what I think was the gevkorea dealer order, but Gotway would be crazy no to offer this option in the future!
I hear: blue, purple and red options will be available.

18 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Watched the MSuper one.  Very slow start ... 30 seconds before you even start opening the box, a minute before you pop the lid, 1:45 before the first piece of styrofoam comes out and we can even begin to see the top of the wheel.  Two solid minutes in before we're dealing with much more than the box itself.  

I'd say you can skip to just about 3:00 in before anything much happens, and that's too long.  Could you edit some of that time out, do some of it in fast motion, perhaps drop in some still pictures to show the long time span?  

Either that, or move much more quickly, I think.

Thank, Dingfelder!

You are absolutely right, in our age of instant gratification, delay is not an option! I'll try my best to improve, perhaps preparing a script before shooting the video would help...

Stills are a good idea too - need to learn some video editing tricks...

9 minutes ago, IvSus said:

Thank, Dingfelder!

You are absolutely right, in our age of instant gratification, delay is not an option! I'll try my best to improve, perhaps preparing a script before shooting the video would help...

Stills are a good idea too - need to learn some video editing tricks...

Maybe index cards with your main points on them instead of a script?  That way you could still be natural and conversational without having to worry about missing any important points.  You could probably pretty quickly refine them down to a small number you could use on every machine, and just add extra cards for specific EUC models when you want to remind yourself to highlight interesting differences and new features.

45 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Maybe index cards with your main points on them instead of a script?  That way you could still be natural and conversational without having to worry about missing any important points.  You could probably pretty quickly refine them down to a small number you could use on every machine, and just add extra cards for specific EUC models when you want to remind yourself to highlight interesting differences and new features.

That's a great idea, I'll try that next time. Thank, you! :)

By locking I mean the wheel is tilted but the tire can't turn because something arrests it (which could happen if something gets stuck between shell and tire, but also for other reasons like against a very high curb or so). So it would probably blow a mosfet then. This probably won't happen with the soft packaging, it can't hold the tire in place, but it was a thought I had about using the packaging as a stand, as well as similar stands.

Thanks for the color info. Didn't know GEVKorea also had colored msupers, only knew about ACMs. Makes sense they start with the 3 Monster colors they already have.

Archived