Forgot what slow is!

Goodman

Over the past 2 weeks I have only used my Msuper to commute with the round trip from home to work is around 30 kms.

Today I felt sorry for my Ninebot One E+ it has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for 2 weeks. So I decided to ride it to work, oh boy was it a long and painful trip. Without realising I have reached tilt back so easily and the maximum speed I can get is around 22kph. At this speed it felt like I was walking, I had to think the whole trip to slow down. I could have sworn that the Ninebot didn't feel this slow before.

I am going to take public transport home and ride the last bit, don't think I will be able to ride home it was stressing me out. What a difference cruising at 35kph makes not even mentioning how uncomfortable it was also. Poor Ninebot is going to retire for good now.

Don't know if I need a much higher speed from an EUC.

One just get used to any speed over time and I don't see it as a problem to cruise with ~20kmh. Speeds over 20kmh on selfbalancing devices is not allowed here either.

2 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Don't know if I need a much higher speed from an EUC.

I couldn't ride that fast for longer than brief bursts. To me 35 kph is scary! Usually when I reach 25 kph I start feeling unsafe! This is on a 16-inch IPS wheel though. On a larger, heavier wheel like Msuper, higher speeds probably feel very stable.

People seem to rave about it all the time as a good EUC for tricks and maneuverability.  Don't know if you're into any of that though.  I've thought it would be fun to use one to build up skills, even though I couldn't ride one for extended use at my weight.

1 minute ago, MaxLinux said:

I couldn't ride that fast for longer than brief bursts. To me 35 kph is scary! Usually when I reach 25 kph I start feeling unsafe! This is on a 16-inch IPS wheel though. On a larger, heavier wheel like Msuper, higher speeds probably feel very stable.

I could think something around 30kmh with a lockable speed limit. And the idea of having a 18-22" EUC is not my cup of tea as it missing the whole portability point. But that's just me.

11 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

In a way, I think it's scary how safe people make it sound.  Riders like Duf and Marty regularly talk about hitting pretty high speeds on their Monsters and MSupers and sometimes not even noticing.  

I find the same thing happens with cars.  When you can really feel the road, like in a small economy car, you know how fast you're going and it's easy to stay at a safe speed.  In a luxury boat, you float along and have no idea you might be well into the danger zone ...

1 minute ago, Vik's said:

I could think something around 30kmh with a lockable speed limit. And the idea of having a 18-22" EUC is not my cup of tea as it missing the whole portability point. But that's just me.

I hope you're not entirely correct, as the 18 incher I have on order has a trolley.  

But there's no doubt that when it comes to stashing it under a seat or in public transport somehow, small must be much more beautiful.

8 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I hope you're not entirely correct, as the 18 incher I have on order has a trolley.  

But there's no doubt that when it comes to stashing it under a seat or in public transport somehow, small must be much more beautiful.

Yes, I am thinking more about all-round portability, like transporting in a car or taking a bus etc. Trolley bar is one essential thing on all EUC, imho.... even 14"

14 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Yes, I am thinking more about all-round portability, like transporting in a car or taking a bus etc. Trolley bar is one essential thing on all EUC, imho.... even 14"

Yeah I don't see how I could take a big wheel on a crowded subway, for example.  People are sometimes packed in so close they can hardly move and can find it extremely hard to make their way to their exit when the time comes, and the seating can be tight even if it's just you and your knees pressed against the back of the next person's seat.  There's hardly any room to have anything extra.

I even saw a guy getting screamed at by a woman for pressing into her ... but the whole train was packed sardine-tight groin to groin and I had no idea what to believe.  I think I myself would have been required in some countries to marry some of the passengers next to me.  The guy looked like a tired commuter who just wanted to be left alone.  

Tell us about it. The MSuper is probably responsible for more overspeed warning that most other wheels when you hop off it to a "lesser" wheel.

48 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

The speed is relative, with a cart like this, in downhill you can be faster than a Ferrari Testarossa ;)

carrettone.jpg.a0957bc395851ce273ac666ab29b4277.jpg

I don't even know what to call that thing.   It looks like something between a go-kart and a skateboard.

Is it using nuts for wheels?

Ninebot would be good if you're in a crowded place with people around and it maneuvers well. ACM is excellent and good ride at 35km/h (which I have done many, many times). BUT Msuper V3s is very, very good on many roads and feels safe/ stable at 35km/h.

it all comes down to what you use it for, road conditions and your comfort level.

i commute to work and back and hit these speeds easy, but if I go for a cruce and people around I am slow.

in italian that is the "carrettone" ,a very popular, dangerous, noisy, disturbing project for suicide attempts :D 

It is a means that the guys of my day (I was born 1966) used  for running down the asphalted roads: 3 ball bearings, a pallet, a pin and some nails were needed. The relative speed due to the vibration and road holding we have never experienced anymore  :D

Archived