new to v8 with few questions

Wojciech Plocharski

Hi Guys. Im looking for some help with my new V8. as im new to v8 and never use it before i have few issues with it.

At first i use samsung galaxy s6 edge plus to connect. then when i try to register instead of puting qr code i put the serial number as i have no idea where the qr code for registry is? i bought it from the dealer so hope that is ok.

apparently it is registered (does any confirmation email come thru?) i have a problem to turn on the led lights as the information appear: faild to connect to scv?

the beeper once is on once is off?

i can not say nothing about a ride as i never use one wheeler so i need to learn how to ride it as it is not as easy as i thought! menage to ride 5m but it seems to be a mission to learn but i wont give up!

can You give me few tips how to menage the app and give me also few tips for riding or some video how to menage all?

the led works on the gif but now nothing works? why?

thanks, and kindly waiting for response 

20170515_204544.gif

I had some trouble registering/binding my V8 through the Inmotion app.  Kept getting a "Network Error" message every time I tried to enter the S/N.  I think rebooting the phone (iPhone in my case) finally got me over that hump.  You should be able to turn the LEDs on/off via the app.  Might check there first before assuming deeper problems.

i have managed to play with leds for 10ish minutes but then they frezze and there was no way arround it. I have swith off the v8 for 15minutes and then turn it on again so they could work as they should but seems like the problem is comming back.

And this nottification of failing to connect to scv seems to have all the time. I will post the screen shots tomorrow to describe more.

weird think is when I swith the app on: there is a registry or loggin... when i try to put mine it doesnt work but when I just touch the mobile phone place it will log me straight away without my username what so ever. all of that is weird for me but i never try it before so I feel like a kido playing with a daddy car;)

I would love tl be as simple as ninebot but it isnt so need to learn new one ;) and im probably not the only one ;)

I don't have much feedback on the app, I feel like I didn't have much trouble, but I know that's not helpful. However, with learning to ride the best advice I can give is to be patient and don't try to learn in one day. I practiced for about 20-30 mins each day. I tried to be close to a wall so that I had something to hold on to to avoid falling. It took me a while before I could get up on my own. I was using a wall to hold on to to start out. Eventually you'll learn how to push off with one foot and then ride forward. I've had success with the triangle method of starting. Do a search in the forum for a video illustrating this, but again that comes after a while. Good luck, it could be a week or more before things start to click, but once they do it's pretty awesome. 

18 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

the led works on the gif but now nothing works? why?

What you could try is lift your V8 and long press the On/Off button. This should enable the lights if they're in working condition. 

faild to connect to scv?

Could you double check if you bought it from a verified EU-based dealer? Because if that dealer just bought the item off Aliexpress, there is a chance the app is being locked by the manufacturing block. 

few tips for riding or some video how to menage all?

There is a good video from Singaporean team of Wheelies:

Hope it helps! :)

the app keeps crashing often! didnt have much time to check anything today but I made a video of my first ever steps on unicycle. its defo funny for those who know already how to ride it but im proud of day one :) And covered 10KM.

My legs shake no doubt. Im still scared to push so I take everything slow...

2 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

the app keeps crashing often! didnt have much time to check anything today but I made a video of my first ever steps on unicycle. its defo funny for those who know already how to ride it but im proud of day one :) And covered 10KM.

My legs shake no doubt. Im still scared to push so I take everything slow...

You're getting there! Keep at it! I would favor a larger, flatter area. A good trick is to think 'tall' when your riding, even if you bend your knees (which you should). Thinking tall will help tremendously when you're learning to ride backwards. Thinking tall will also help you simply resting your feet on the pedals in a relaxed way. Just try to be as relaxed as possible it's the key to all sports. Cheers

this was in the afternoon ;) at the evening it was already a bit better but still no were near to be relaxed... cant wait for that as i would love to test the performance properly but no chance for that yet.

What does it mean to "think tall". I do get the point of a knee being bent but this should come when i get comfortable with it ;) but at this point my legs shake to much... this are totally new and different type of skills for me to get.

9 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

this was in the afternoon ;) at the evening it was already a bit better but still no were near to be relaxed... cant wait for that as i would love to test the performance properly but no chance for that yet.

What does it mean to "think tall". I do get the point of a knee being bent but this should come when i get comfortable with it ;) but at this point my legs shake to much... this are totally new and different type of skills for me to get.

Yes sorry I should have been clearer. I don't even believe you need this advice because you are already advanced enough! By think tall I mean thinking that your spine is as straight as possible as well as your head, that you feel as tall as possible up the top of your head, as opposed to crouching. It helped me a lot when learning to ride backwards. Have fun! The V8 is a great wheel. I just wish it had more range but it's super responsive and you can carve at 45 degrees with it it's awesome!

12 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

what range we are looking for? will it cover 30KM or it will slow down befor that? when is the best moment to charge it?

The range will depend on your weight, your riding style and the outside temperature. As for its behaviour, it stays pretty much the same throughout the battery, which is awesome. It's a great wheel but at 92kg I want something that will last me for about 50-60km so I'm thinking Gotway MSuper V3S+ or an ACM S+.You made a great buy, don't worry ;)

About the charge I have no idea sorry...

Hell of a better job than me when I first got my wheel as I didn't even bother trying to mount after the first grim day. Took me almost a month to mount, I must have memorized everything 5 feet tall in my area and got really good at doing figure 8 and circles I side a sidewalk pavement square due to my inability to mount.

I think you'd be a natural at this. At least very good. That's smoothness right there I don't see in most people.

I went from a standing tall position to an utter caveman position as the coiled spring position allows me to push the wheel about a foot and a half in any direction I so choose. The stand tall position removes that possibility. I use the stand tall position when at walking pace on smooth surfaces.

thanks. I would be gratefull If You guys can post some video of them positions. To be honnest before I got my v8 i have watched a few videos of people riding v8. maybe thats why I didnt have that many problems. at the moment i im unable to ride any of my toys as I catch some bad virus and stay in bed taking pills. I menaged to ride for 2days and on the second day the shake in my legs has gone. at the slow speeds is harder to control the wheel as the balance is not perfect yet but its getting better. when i turn I just lean to the side but still left the wheel limited to 20KM/h just in case.

when I get better I will post another video so You can give me more tips and check the progress.

Today is maybe a 5th or 6th day of riding V8. I have decrese some air from the tire as it was hard to steer when going fast and catching some edge of the pavement could cost me a bad accident. now with lower air the ride has improved much and I finally started riding at the max speed.

below is my trip and timing from today evening.

Screenshot_20170523-211637.png

Indeed, quick study! If you plan to go full speed most of the time or close to it, you should really wear a helmet and knee and elbow protection (I can see you're already wearing the wrist guards). When I like to ride fast I even wear a full face bike helmet. I've already flown like superman going up a sidewalk incline to quickly, the wheel cut off! Better overkill than killed or badly injured...Even small pot holes can be dangerous when going quickly, the wheel will try stabilizing itself back and forth and might cut off if you're going too fast.

You will find wobble not only happens at high speed from max tire inflation, but also your posture when riding and how you distribute weight evenly between each of the pedals.

10 minutes ago, Spinner said:

Indeed, quick study! If you plan to go full speed most of the time or close to it, you should really wear a helmet and knee and elbow protection (I can see you're already wearing the wrist guards). When I like to ride fast I even wear a full face bike helmet. I've already flown like superman going up a sidewalk incline to quickly, the wheel cut off! Better overkill than killed or badly injured...Even small pot holes can be dangerous when going quickly, the wheel will try stabilizing itself back and forth and might cut off if you're going too fast.

Good advice. If you're overly self-conscious (like I am) I tend to wear elbow & knee guards under clothing. Only on group rides I lose the helmet because there are more you (riders) for cars to see and avoid. Safety in numbers ;)

13 hours ago, Eddrush said:

You will find wobble not only happens at high speed from max tire inflation, but also your posture when riding and how you distribute weight evenly between each of the pedals.

For me, wobble usually happens after I've been on it a while and start to get tired.

1 hour ago, TechShizzle said:

For me, wobble usually happens after I've been on it a while and start to get tired.

That's true, fatigue can be a factor as well. 

to be honnest at the moment im not pushing V8 that much as Im aware of engine cutting power off so without a helmet and other prottection it must to do a lot of damage :/ i planned to buy whole set off protection costume including biker gloves as it will be first thing to touch the groung when falling.

and also riding it at 25KM/h is already scarry when the surface is not smooth and the wobble kick in. the most of wobble i find when breaking.

On 5/26/2017 at 4:44 PM, Spinner said:

Ditto ... definitely

On 5/26/2017 at 4:53 PM, Eddrush said:

Ditto ... see my theories at http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7062-trail-geometry-and-the-wobbles/#elTopicActions_menu

On 5/16/2017 at 5:39 AM, Wojciech Plocharski said:

At first i use samsung galaxy s6 edge plus to connect. then when i try to register instead of puting qr code i put the serial number as i have no idea where the qr code for registry is? i bought it from the dealer so hope that is ok.

apparently it is registered (does any confirmation email come thru?) i have a problem to turn on the led lights as the information appear: faild to connect to scv?

I've had lots of problems with the stock V8 app.  I now only use it at home when the V8 is in its stand to change the speed, and alter the light design (and I don't do this any more since my speed is maxed out and I don't really care about the lights).  The original app has serious problems connecting, and is really only useful for networking (in Mandarin if you are so inclined)   I've switched over to Darkness Bot which is completely reliable, information rich and the best app for V8's and other wheels  http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/6578-darknessbot-ios-app/?page=4#comment-92149

Archived