A good mistake!... Let me explain

I ordered a blue monster from Dion at Myfunwheel.biz, package came yesterday, upon anxiously opening the box, took off the charger then the top cover and to my surprise I notice it was not blue, it was purple!! So I proceeded to take it out of the box and let me tell you, the purple looks sweeeeett hahaha.  It looks way better than the few pics that's on the net, I really, really like the purple. I haven't noticed anyone on the forum that has posted a purple one so just out of curiosity does anyone have a purple monster or know someone with a purple one?

agUsK1Z.jpg

FscdDEP.jpgIeTLEiY.jpg9sdiCTY.jpgvzSZYKz.jpg

It definitely looks good. I'm getting a new casing for mine and may go purple instead of blue. Ian at Speedyfeet is getting all 3 colours in stock. :)

I see yours has the ACM pedals rather than the, better in my opinion, MSuper pedals. Be careful with the grip stuff. Mine has worn off quite badly on one of my ACM pedals. Luckily I didn't know my Monster was coming with MSuper pedals so ordered another set that I can now put on my ACM.

15 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Super weird URL.  I don't click casually ... can you just include in the normal way?

That's what I wanted to do initially but I couldn't get it to work maybe am doing it wrong, normally I use imgsafe but the site is down at the moment

11 minutes ago, TremF said:

It definitely looks good. I'm getting a new casing for mine and may go purple instead of blue. Ian at Speedyfeet is getting all 3 colours in stock. :)

I see yours has the ACM pedals rather than the, better in my opinion, MSuper pedals. Be careful with the grip stuff. Mine has worn off quite badly on one of my ACM pedals. Luckily I didn't know my Monster was coming with MSuper pedals so ordered another set that I can now put on my ACM.

Yea that's weird in the last couple weeks I have seen monsters come with the msuper pedals but mine and a few others that I have seen have the acm pedals and this shipment is fairly recent

Yep, purple Monster is best Monster!

Congratulations on the new wheel!

1 minute ago, Shabba said:

Yea that's weird in the last couple weeks I have seen monsters come with the msuper pedals but mine and a few others that I have seen have the acm pedals and this shipment is fairly recent

Not sure, but some dealers will order their Monsters with the msuper pedals (Ian seems to do that), or maybe even it is Gotway's new standard (like the new side cushions you also have).

53 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Sounds like you lucked out.  Unless I'm mistaken, the consensus is that those are by far the best pedals on the market.

I think I did it feels real good, turning is pretty easy and I don't feel like I need to apply that much pressure to go fwd from a dead stop or going up incline like some of the mentioned in previous Monster reviews 

16 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yep, purple Monster is best Monster!

Congratulations on the new wheel!

Not sure, but some dealers will order their Monsters with the msuper pedals (Ian seems to do that), or maybe even it is Gotway's new standard (like the new side cushions you also have).

Thanks, I really like the monster just so freaking comfortable at slow and fast speeds and I really like the new side pads, honestly I prefer the acm footplates hopefully they don't break on me but I don't do much jumping off curbs. I like everything about the monster, am pretty sure my msuper 820 and 1600 are getting jealous cuz am not paying them no attention lol.

I agree the purple looks awesome! After hearing about some members dropping their new wheels and ruining the cosmetic appear of the shells I would find a way to protect it. I used this product on both my V8 and V5F+. http://cowlesproducts.com/oldcontent/wp/cowles-custom/cc_wheel-well-molding/

Walmart carries the product also, possibly Amazon as well.

Before applying the molding place your wheel on it's side on a carpeted surface and roll it around to check for the optimal areas to apply the protective molding.

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree the purple looks awesome! After hearing about some members dropping their new wheels and ruining the cosmetic appear of the shells I would find a way to protect it. I used this product on both my V8 and V5F+. http://cowlesproducts.com/oldcontent/wp/cowles-custom/cc_wheel-well-molding/

Walmart carries the product also, possibly Amazon as well.

Before applying the molding place your wheel on it's side on a carpeted surface and roll it around to check for the optimal areas to apply the protective molding.

Thanks I really appreciate it :D

4 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Do you have pics of it on your wheel?

Here are some photos depicting the 3/8" half round molding I used on the V5F+ and V8.  I also used some 1/8" red for fun. I then used 3/4" wide molding on the wider areas like the handle and pedal regions but the 3/8" would be sufficient to protect those areas as well. I just like to experiment.:)

For maximum protection, use motorcycle tank protectors. A bit hard to keep 100% clean due to the uneven surface, and not exactly cheap, but you will definitely not be able to scratch through the stuff and it is for forever. They are perfect for the pedal undersides, pedal bracket undersides etc. and other small features where scratch protection is more important than impact protection.

e.g. http://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/general-sheets.html

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

For maximum protection, use motorcycle tank protectors. A bit hard to keep 100% clean due to the uneven surface, and not exactly cheap, but you will definitely not be able to scratch through the stuff and it is for forever. They are perfect for the pedal undersides, pedal bracket undersides etc. and other small features where scratch protection is more important than impact protection.

e.g. http://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/general-sheets.html

I really like that motorcycle stuff it looks tuff

The glue pad definitely holds it up strongly (at least to my pedals). It gets a tiny bit flappy along the outer edges and corners due to dirt getting in the gap, so I recommend additional double sided tape along the rim of each piece so it looks neat and cool foreverB) (when I moved it to new pedals, i removed the glue pad and used tape only, may be a little bit stronger overall).

But it definitely holds strongly and hard to imagine it shearing off (but the usual bumper foam stuff also won't shear off with enough tape). But the bumper foam might get visible damage/tearing in a crash, this stuff won't (bumper foam has nice colors, though, and won't murder your wallet). Think of the foam as "replace when ugly, or when you want a new color" and the motorcycle stuff as "holds forever".

I used a ~50€ pack with 2 pads, each is enough for 1 pedal (measure and buy the pads with the best result) and you have some left for the pedal brackets or whatever else you may want to use the stuff on (on my first ride, the underside of the pedal brackets got f***ed up the most, followed by the pedal undersides. I had foam on the plastic parts though). You cut out a piece a little bigger than the pedal, put it on the pedal (in a way so it won't buckle), and cut the rests off along the edges with a crafting knife, looks quite neat and clean then.

Archived