Any S.F. Bay Area Individual Can Change Tire Tube of Inmotion V8

Roll_On

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Northern California).  I just bought an Inmotion V8.  Having rode bicycle for 7 years of commute, I know that I will get a flat sooner or later. I have visited bike shop to fix my bicycle flat.  Not sure those shop knows anything about EUC.

I am a computer software person (white collar type, not so mechanical).  I have seen two videos, but still not too confident.  At least for the first time, I like to have someone show me the correct way to disassemble the V8. Does such person exist in my home regions?  I am willing to pay for your time.  Please feel free to e-mail me dowu@dir.ca.gov 

Hi and congratulations on the V8! Yes there is a community of EUC Riders here in the Bay Area. You can visit us on Facebook as Southbay Electric Unicycle Group. Many if not all of us are capable of changing a tire on your V8, or, even better, showing you how it's done if you have a chance to join us for one of our rides. We ride many weekends and announce them through our Facebook group if you want to keep in touch with us.

One thing many of us recommend is the use of "Slime" in your tire. It's kind of a green goop that you inject a bit of into your tire and it protects you against minor punctures and flats. I run it in all of my EUCs and now swear by it -- after being sidelined by a flat myself not long ago. 

I have found that Slime is for smaller punctures like thorns and such, whereas Stan's is for larger particles.  I have had great success with Stan's....not so much with Slime.   Here's the link.  Product is $5.    https://www.amazon.com/Bottles-Stans-Sealant-Bottle-Tubeless/dp/B01GN5YTIE/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1494940140&sr=1-2&keywords=stan's+tubeless+sealant

Product Details

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice.  I have since figure out how to disassemble the Inmotion V8 and changed the tire to a small width size 16 x 1.95, and the initial issue of rubbing against the plastic is gone. I have also pump up the tire close to maximum, and the ride is great, no more rubbing.  I have included s liner between the inner tube and the tire.  Also bought slime for puncture fix.  Will take a look at Stan as well.

For now I will concentrate on skill improvement, and then do some commute to work.  I will consider the joining a ride group in the future with better skill on the road.

25 minutes ago, Roll_On said:

Thanks for the advice.  I have since figure out how to disassemble the Inmotion V8 and changed the tire to a small width size 16 x 1.95, and the initial issue of rubbing against the plastic is gone. I have also pump up the tire close to maximum, and the ride is great, no more rubbing.  I have included s liner between the inner tube and the tire.  Also bought slime for puncture fix.  Will take a look at Stan as well.

For now I will concentrate on skill improvement, and then do some commute to work.  I will consider the joining a ride group in the future with better skill on the road.

@Roll_On HOw is the ride quality.  I would think the thinner tire and higher pressure would make the ride very harsh and rough! MOst riders are alway talking about going to bigger wider wheels to make the riding softer.

Archived