11 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I just purchased the hybrid tires, and they're fantastic and highly recommended ?... The original tires are almost paper thin and was actually delaminating in spots! ? Sadly I bought the fenders ?... I do not recommend them... They are too expensive for what they are and shorter then the original in length Because of a larger tire and shorter length fender, my toes actually rubs up against the tire up front... modify your original fenders, and they look better!

Now the problem I got is that now, I need way larger mud flaps in the back and somehow attached it!!?

Please show pics when done?

I bought some 'hybrid' tyres with an alternative thread pattern, which seemed to me to be more capable of acting like a PT tyre should. A MiniPRO does not need a heavy 4-ply tyre like the knobblies I bought from More4mini, which weigh 39 ozs. Those tyres are too rigid, while the mini needs to run on a "cushion of air" as it has no (mechanical) suspension. The tyres are a critical component if a MiniPRO is to overcome off-road obstacles, or even loose cobblestones. The tyres I bought are sold by many sellers on Aliexpress, and a few on Ebay, sellers use the advertisement photo below and describe the tyres as for the 'Xiaomi Balance scooter'. They are 85/65-6.5

They are hard to fit on the rims, as they come about 5 inches wide, and need to be compressed to fit onto the (approx) 3" wide rims. Then a lot of air is needed from the compressor to seat the beads. The result is an excellent tyre with at least four times the surface contact area as the Ninebot originals, but which weigh the same 25 ozs, as the distribution of rubber is better managed. These tyres provide a soft cushion of air, rather than the stiff rims of the Ninebot original tyres, which I suspect are stiff to help owners who forget to pump their tyres :( The tread is silent on concrete, yet really grips in both dirt and pebble surfaces.

I notice there seem to be a number of manufacturers of this tread. I have seen photos branded "Innova" while mine are branded "Fineone" (or the Chinese equivalent). When inflated it ends up about half an inch larger diameter than the Ninebot original, about an inch less than the Knobblies from More4mini. Which for me is a good thing - I need all the torque I can get from the motors, and the knobblies actually reduce my ability to climb the hills around here. I am currently using between 12 and 25 psi pressure on dirt / concrete (lower pressure gets better grip, but uses more battery).

85-65-65_Offroad_Tyre_Aliexpress_Bought.jpg

Edited by trevmar

My More4Motion hybrid tires arrived today and I gave myself plenty of time to install them based on what I've been reading. Put three zip ties on, two crow bars and two tire irons, and soaked the tire with olive oil. Man, it was still difficult. I spent a good 45 minutes on it and was getting frustrated.

Then, my wife walks in and says "Can I help?". I didn't know the best way to use her, so I told her to just to hold the tire hard and squeeze it while I continued to work around the tire. Well, that second set of hands made all the difference! In less than one minute, we had that tire on (I only had to shimmy the crow bar one more time).

So, we tried the other tire. Still used the zip ties and the olive oil. I immediately had her hold onto the tire and squeeze. Man, we got that tire on in less than a minute TOTAL! I hardly even needed to use the crowbar. It popped right into place with her squeezing.

SO ... get a second pair of hands! Lesson learned. You won't regret it.

I'll play with the fender tomorrow. Looks pretty straight forward. Just need to decide exactly what type of adjustment I want to do with it.  I made do what Zero4Z did and make it non-permanent.

One quick and probably very obvious observation after taking it out to a golf course to try the hybrid tires out for the first time.

If you take the Ninebot/Segway out on grass/dirt/gravel, etc., the tires will be filthy. I'm used to taking the unit out with the stock tires and quickly wiping off the tires before throwing it into the trunk of my car. With the hybrid tires, I probably spent a good three minutes per tire to get all the dirt out from all the nooks and crannies. Good thing I have a hard bristle brush and towels in the back of the car (for my golf equipment).