Any Comments on Hybrid Tire for MiniPro

On 2017-05-17 at 5:44 PM, FreeRide said:

Allpay does not have the long track record of Paypal, and I just don't want to register with yet another payment system.

I recently tried Alipay for the first time and it went flawlessly.Ā  It's very simple.Ā  Paypal are regularly rated near the top of the charts for worst customer service in the world.Ā  I used them for 12 miserable years before finally boycotting them entirely after numerous terrible experiences such as Paypal enabling a criminal to steal $1200 from me, siding with the criminal even after I presented theĀ evidence required to prove they were a scammer,Ā and then Paypal not paying me back.Ā  Paypal freezing incoming and outgoingĀ payments without explanation.Ā  Paypal demanding I ship items to the customer before they have to pay, allowing them 30 days to make their mind up about the goods, even though I had a flawless 100%Ā feedback history and no late shipments.Ā  Paypal processing transactions twice, putting my bank in the negative and when I tried to get support from Paypal to fix it, they basically said "yeah, glitches happen.Ā  Boo hoo for you.Ā  We'll process a refund in 5-7 business days.Ā  Sort your own bank issues out yourself, it's not our problem".Ā 

They are rude and ignorant and often just incredibly stupidĀ on the phone and will even argue with you.Ā  Their cross currency rates are falsely inflated in their favour and they treat sellers like dirt.Ā  There are whole communities built around the concept of "Paypal sucks".Ā  I hope to see them one day go bankrupt and be replaced by companies who treat their paying customers better than slaves.Ā  That would be a dream come true.Ā 

Edited by RooMiniPro

It's a pity they didn't make the fenders adjustable in the first place.Ā  Recently mine have tended to rub on the tire slightly (standard tires) and I guess the only remedy is to try to slightly bend the metal brackets, or take everything apart and modify them along the lines you've done.

Ā 

Nice work anyway!

3 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

It's a pity they didn't make the fenders adjustable in the first place.Ā  Recently mine have tended to rub on the tire slightly (standard tires) and I guess the only remedy is to try to slightly bend the metal brackets, or take everything apart and modify them along the lines you've done.

Ā 

Nice work anyway!

You might want to look at the wheel mounting, Ā There is some adjustability in the system such that regular tires should never contact the vender.

It will be interesting to see if the new fenders they are making for the larger tires are more adjustable or just fixed size for the larger tires.Ā 

Edited by FreeRide

Hello every bodyĀ 

Well I know it's a little late for help but

Here you have many tutorial for desmantle tire

https://mini-j.jimdo.com/mini-tech-en/parts-repair/tire-motor-wheel/

And here thanks to Atoman100 for mount hybrid tire and diy fendersĀ 

https://mini-j.jimdo.com/mini-tech-en/parts-repair/mudguards/

?

Ā 

7 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Not a Hybrid tire, looks like a large street tire.

On 5/26/2017 at 7:55 AM, FreeRide said:

You might want to look at the wheel mounting, Ā There is some adjustability in the system such that regular tires should never contact the vender.

It will be interesting to see if the new fenders they are making for the larger tires are more adjustable or just fixed size for the larger tires.Ā 

In a case of very light rubbingĀ you can try bending the mountings a few degree inward. Just remember not to stress the metal by bending them back & forth. Ā Doing so will cause fatigue and considerably weaken the metal. If the rubbing is rather strong & your mountings are already perpendicular/90 degree then as @FreeRideĀ said, tire rub should not happen and you should look under the axleĀ (motor shaft ?) mounting plate. You only need to loosen the screws until you feel there is play / wiggle at the tire. Then try to slide the wheel outward, again with original tires I think 5 mm should be enough.

Thanks for tips above re rubbing tire!Ā  I think the problem started after I rode through a puddle that had cement diluted in it...Ā  then it set...Ā  I have scraped away everything I can see, but I may have to be brave and take the whole thing apart in order to clean out the inside of the fender.Ā Ā 

FYI: Ā more4mini now has the Hybrid Tires in stock.

After 200km though on the stock tires with increasingly moreĀ of that over gravel and dirt roads I do appreciate that they work pretty well as a general tire.Ā 

35 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

After 200km though on the stock tires with increasingly moreĀ of that over gravel and dirt roads I do appreciate that they work pretty well as a general tire.Ā 

True. Even though they lacks good deepĀ tread depth, they work great enough off the track.

On 5/30/2017 at 7:56 PM, Ozpeter said:

Thanks for tips above re rubbing tire!Ā  I think the problem started after I rode through a puddle that had cement diluted in it...Ā  then it set...Ā  I have scraped away everything I can see, but I may have to be brave and take the whole thing apart in order to clean out the inside of the fender.Ā Ā 

FYI, they might put Loctite (or similar adhesive) on those screws. Mine were come coated with Loctite & I need to use my kungfu super power to loosen those screws. As always YMMV

The fender screws were surprisingly easy to remove on mine.Ā  However, I've now fixed the problem by temporarily bending back the fender enough to get a long blade under it to scrape out the cement mud, and the sound is gone.Ā  The clearance is remarkably small - I guess to reduce the chance of something getting wedged between the wheel and fender and causing a wheel to stop with disasterous results.

16 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

The fender screws were surprisingly easy to remove on mine.Ā  However, I've now fixed the problem by temporarily bending back the fender enough to get a long blade under it to scrape out the cement mud, and the sound is gone.Ā  The clearance is remarkably small - I guess to reduce the chance of something getting wedged between the wheel and fender and causing a wheel to stop with disasterous results.

Did you see any sign of threadlocker (usually red/blue color) near the end of those screws? If yours are not coated & checking for loose screw is not on your maintenance list, you might want to consider using Loctite or other threadlocker next time you work on them. Just remember a thin coat on the first few threads is all you need to prevent loose screw. I suspect my screws had too much hence they required excessive initial force to loosen them up. -my 2 cents-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/5/2017 at 8:20 PM, Ozpeter said:

I would really get the bigger tires for the winter riding.

I will notice how the existing tires hold out.

āž°

• 8 months later...

I have fitted the off-road (chunky) 90/65-6.5 tires to my MiniPro. With 45psi in them they felt like solid rubber. Even at 10psi they ran pretty rough along bitumen or concrete. The sweet spot between on and off-road seems to be at around 6psi, where there is little visible deformation of the tire wall, but the 'chunks' on the tyre do move as the tire rotates on a solid surface, and the grip is good on grass and dirt pathways. I did not try less pressure than this as I was concerned about possible rim separation off-road. I will post if I find any problems, but so far, so good...

Edited by trevmar
typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Has anyone got any long term experience with the AT tires like in the link below?

Alex,

I have been using the 90/65-6.5 off-road 'chunky' tyres as shown when I clicked that link.

Grip is excellent, and the tyres 'climb' small potholes and small tree roots well. On roads there is a resonance-speed where the vibration due to the tyre tread gets really bad. You can change the on-road performance by pumping the tyres to 30psi or more, but then they don't spread the load as well at obstacles (kerbs) or off-road. I use 15psi as a compromise, but if I were just off-road on dirt I drop it to around 6psi for the best grip. Even at 6psi the tyre is not deforming the typical 15% of its profile that would indicate perfect grip, they are a really solid tyre weighing about 39ozs.. Unfortunately I can't find any 4-ply-rating off-road tyre which is better than these at the nominal 240lbs maximum weight of rider+minipro.

Use slime in lower pressure tyres...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just purchased the hybrid tires, and they're fantastic and highly recommended ?... The original tires are almost paper thin and was actually delaminating in spots! ? Sadly I bought the fenders ?... I do not recommend them... They are too expensive for what they are and shorter then the original in length Because of a larger tire and shorter length fender, my toes actually rubs up against the tire up front... modify your original fenders, and they look better!

Now the problem I got is that now, I need way larger mud flaps in the back and somehow attached it!!?

Edited by MetricUSA