Jump to content

Gotway Msuper 820wh for sale (SOLD)


Sketch

Recommended Posts

Up for sale is my Gotway Msuper v3 electric unicycle.  This is an 18 in, unicycle with nice wide tires to absorb any bump in its path.  This is the 820wh battery version that gets about 30 miles realistically on a single charge.  1500W motor with Max power of 3000W.  Uses Panasonic NCT18650PF rechargeable batteries.  
Weight is about 40 lbs and makes a very stable ride.  Will climb 20 degree hills easily, maybe more.  Will go 20mph comfortably.  I woukdnt recommend going faster, but it probably can.

This wheel has very low miles.  It has been my weekend wheel. I am the original owner.  I purchased it from Ian at Speedyfeet.  It has a few scratches on the case, but still looks great and runs wonderfully.  I've never had a problem with it.  The only reason I'm selling it is because I have my eye on another wheel and need to let this one go. Comes with box and charger.  Thanks for taking a look.

Price:  $1100

Orange County, California 

prefer local pickup but will consider shipping if you contact me.

 

 

09986955-1400-410F-A080-D5E4BE6D6A85_zpsA57F4AA4-2FA8-4FBE-9037-D3A84375AB7D_zps31082038-9220-4D2F-93D4-48EFC1F51E3B_zps4AF8EFF6-3B50-48DE-86AC-3F1A0483C718_zps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Matt. Yours looks a lot better than mine (I know we bought them about the same time). I've been thinking of selling mine too - I want to upgrade to the 1600wh version. I rode the 84v version this past weekend and I was really impressed with it.

What wheel are you looking at next?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Marty,

I'm showing it to a guy tomorrow.  Hopefully it sells.  Right now I'm thinking of getting a 1600wh ACM.  Like you, I love the ACM and would love to try an 84v version.  How is the torque up hills with the 84v Msuper compared with the 84v ACM?  It's a tough choice.

I just got caught up reading about your rescue. I'm glad you guys are all safe.

Matt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Hi Marty,

I'm showing it to a guy tomorrow.  Hopefully it sells.  Right now I'm thinking of getting a 1600wh ACM.  Like you, I love the ACM and would love to try an 84v version.  How is the torque up hills with the 84v Msuper compared with the 84v ACM?  It's a tough choice.

I just got caught up reading about your rescue. I'm glad you guys are all safe.

Matt

Cool. That's encouraging that there are local buyers. I'll have to sell mine for a lot less since it's more beat up and I have over 800 miles on it. Is the potential buyer from the Forum or another source? Tell them about the forum and our group rides - I'm always on the lookout for new people to join us.

I love my 1300wh ACM (the 1600wh version wasn't available at the time). The power is noticeably improved over my older wheels. The 84v MSuper was heavier than my MSuper and certainly had move power. It actually seemed a bit more like the ACM. I really do think I'll get one, but when that happens the 100v model might be out :)

Yeah, that mountain ride really turned out to be an adventure. I'm starting to look forward to trying it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Marty Backe I was able to make the sale to a nice guy today.  He is from Washington State, but is working in Huntington Beach for 6 months.  Bought the wheel to learn on and have done fun while he's here.  I told him to check out this forum and to look for group rides once he feels proficient.  I'm getting closer to buying a new wheel.  I'm leaning towards the ACM, but the 1600 Msuper is tempting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Huntington Beach area is amazing for rides, or at least it was when I lived around there.  You can go from Santa Monica through Huntington and Newport Beach on bikes and I suppose on EUC's, though I left before there was such a thing around.  But the long long walk goes basically from L.A. proper down to the nuclear power plant at Diablo Canyon ... perhaps past, I can't remember.  I did it on rollerblades way back in the day.

You'll find yourself cruising through the happy, casual whimsicality that can only be found in beach communities and nowhere else,which is just wonderful.  The freshest air in the vast smoggy vicinity, that wonderful relaxed beach mood, all the high school prom queens from all over the world who come to try out the dream of Hollywood mixed with all the children and grandchildren and great grandchildren of all the high school prom queens for a hundred years before them, churning out more and more beautiful children who made ever more beautiful, beautiful people in a culture in which being beautiful is a very big thing indeed and the pressure is always upward .... 

Tell him, if he doesn't know the area: Prepare to be amazed.  To have your head turned around every day as if that were something that happened to everyone everyday everywhere.

It's intoxicating, dangerous, confusing.  Much worse if you're a young man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

<snip>
The freshest air in the vast smoggy vicinity, that wonderful relaxed beach mood, all the high school prom queens from all over the world who come to try out the dream of Hollywood mixed with all the children and grandchildren and great grandchildren of all the high school prom queens for a hundred years before them, churning out more and more beautiful children who made ever more beautiful, beautiful people in a culture in which being beautiful is a very big thing indeed and the pressure is always upward .... 
<snip>

The LA region really doesn't have smog any more, although people will probably continue to associate smog with LA for a long time to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The LA region really doesn't have smog any more, although people will probably continue to associate smog with LA for a long time to come.

That's fantastic, when I was in the Navy we went off the coast near San Diego once for training, and at a certain point away from the coast there was no smog, but you could see it as you looked towards shore.  It was like a wall.  It took some time, but it seems the air is better there now, that's great.  California emissions regulations are the strongest in the nation and appear to be working.  That's great to hear.

I was there last in 1995.  First time there was in 1979, for boot camp.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That's fantastic, when I was in the Navy we went off the coast near San Diego once for training, and at a certain point away from the coast there was no smog, but you could see it as you looked towards shore.  It was like a wall.  It took some time, but it seems the air is better there now, that's great.  California emissions regulations are the strongest in the nation and appear to be working.

I was there last in 1995.  First time there was in 1979, for boot camp.  

 

Big improvements since 95'. Now, year round you can see all the mountains that surround LA. It's like a post card. When I moved here in the early 80's I didn't even know that LA was surrounded by mountains.

Really tight emissions standards and most of all the old cars are gone now. Yeah :thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just took delivery from Dion (myfunwheels), MSuper 84V 1300 battery and I would suggest get the MSuper, Yes the ACM easier to turn, climps hills probably little better, but 18" and fat tire is an amazing comfort :))

I haven't sold my acm' yet so I get to play with both at the moment... I would miss acm' very, very little, BUT I would miss MSuper LOTS..... just my opinion.

I'll be posting review/ comparison on ACM 680 vs. MSuper 1300.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

Just took delivery from Dion (myfunwheels), MSuper 84V 1300 battery and I would suggest get the MSuper, Yes the ACM easier to turn, climps hills probably little better, but 18" and fat tire is an amazing comfort :))

I haven't sold my acm' yet so I get to play with both at the moment... I would miss acm' very, very little, BUT I would miss MSuper LOTS..... just my opinion.

I'll be posting review/ comparison on ACM 680 vs. MSuper 1300.

One big difference is the voltage. There is a noticeable difference between the 67v and 84v ACMs (I've owned both). So comparing  your two is slightly unfair, but of course still worthwhile. I think the 84v ACM is much closer to your new 84v MSuper than your 67v ACM.

 @Sketch owns the 67v ACM and MSuper (until today).

I do think that the 84v MSuper feels like a bigger upgrade than the 67v ACM to 84v ACM.

You really want to own both :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@yourtoys7  Glad you like your new Msuper. Sounds like a nice wheel.  The thing I didn't like about my Msuper 820 was that it had that swishy pedal feel and it always felt like I had to overly push on the front of my pedals to get up really steep hills.  Before I sold the Msuper I took them both out to compare the two and see which on I liked.  The Msuper was definitely  a smooth ride, but had trouble going up semi steep grass hills.  The ACM was able to go up with a lot less effort.

Do you think the 84v Msuper would have an easier time up hills?  Maybe you, @Marty Backe and others can chime in on differences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Marty Backe I just missed your response before I wrote my last comment.  Wow,  tough decisions.  I guess it comes down to if I want the heavier wheel and trolley or the lighter wheel without.  I'll have to think this one over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bigger wheel has longer axel to pedal length making leaning more difficult on a up hill. That is probably the main difference for the climbing issue. Also if the motor is the same the larger wheel diameter reduces the torque available. 

I am sure the motors are adequate but the geometry makes the ACM a stronger climber. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Big improvements since 95'. Now, year round you can see all the mountains that surround LA. It's like a post card. When I moved here in the early 80's I didn't even know that LA was surrounded by mountains.

Really tight emissions standards and most of all the old cars are gone now. Yeah :thumbup:

I lived in Los Angeles for about 25 years starting in the early 80's.  I was last there for another five-year stretch starting around ten years ago and it was still bad. It was known as the Valley of the Smokes even in Indian times. 

Nothing like the 80's, when I literally couldn't see the bus coming from a block away, though.

I do think the mass use of the subway system, and its link to above-ground train systems, even though it covers only limited areas, is a huge help.  It took them forever to finally get smart and put one in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Just took delivery from Dion (myfunwheels), MSuper 84V 1300 battery and I would suggest get the MSuper, Yes the ACM easier to turn, climps hills probably little better, but 18" and fat tire is an amazing comfort :))

I haven't sold my acm' yet so I get to play with both at the moment... I would miss acm' very, very little, BUT I would miss MSuper LOTS..... just my opinion.

I'll be posting review/ comparison on ACM 680 vs. MSuper 1300.

Cool I'd love to see it.  I'll bet your review will address questions a lot of people have when wondering which machine might suit them better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, steve454 said:

That's fantastic, when I was in the Navy we went off the coast near San Diego once for training, and at a certain point away from the coast there was no smog, but you could see it as you looked towards shore.  It was like a wall.  It took some time, but it seems the air is better there now, that's great.  California emissions regulations are the strongest in the nation and appear to be working.  That's great to hear.

I was there last in 1995.  First time there was in 1979, for boot camp.  

 

I remember it being the same when flying in ... you'd see blue skies above, and below it a tan/grey barrier covering the city way out to sea, and then you'd be flying down through it and into it, where you intended to live.  On purpose!  It was always a depressing part of the trip, and my friends and I remarked on having the same feeling every time as we dropped into that heavy pollution, something like, "Oh jeez, why am I doing this?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

The Huntington Beach area is amazing for rides, or at least it was when I lived around there.  You can go from Santa Monica through Huntington and Newport Beach on bikes and I suppose on EUC's, though I left before there was such a thing around.  But the long long walk goes basically from L.A. proper down to the nuclear power plant at Diablo Canyon ... perhaps past, I can't remember.  I did it on rollerblades way back in the day.

You'll find yourself cruising through the happy, casual whimsicality that can only be found in beach communities and nowhere else,which is just wonderful.  The freshest air in the vast smoggy vicinity, that wonderful relaxed beach mood, all the high school prom queens from all over the world who come to try out the dream of Hollywood mixed with all the children and grandchildren and great grandchildren of all the high school prom queens for a hundred years before them, churning out more and more beautiful children who made ever more beautiful, beautiful people in a culture in which being beautiful is a very big thing indeed and the pressure is always upward .... 

Tell him, if he doesn't know the area: Prepare to be amazed.  To have your head turned around every day as if that were something that happened to everyone everyday everywhere.

It's intoxicating, dangerous, confusing.  Much worse if you're a young man.

How do you go from Santa Monica to Huntington Beach ?  The bike path ends at Torrance Beach.  You'd have to travel down Pacific Coast Highway for a lot of the way to continue from the end of the bike path at Torrance Beach.  I would not recommend going down PCH on an EUC. 

 

Allen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, abinder3 said:

How do you go from Santa Monica to Huntington Beach ?  The bike path ends at Torrance Beach.  You'd have to travel down Pacific Coast Highway for a lot of the way to continue from the end of the bike path at Torrance Beach.  I would not recommend going down PCH on an EUC. 

 

Allen

Could be I misremember.  I seem to recall it cutting out and resuming at a certain point.  I used to go to Newport Beach most weekends in the summer and remember bikes whizzing by there too, and used to rollerblade at both Santa Monica and Newport Beach.  I recall rollerblading most if not all the way before, but that was a long time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

Could be I misremember.  I seem to recall it cutting out and resuming at a certain point.  I used to go to Newport Beach most weekends in the summer and remember bikes whizzing by there too, and used to rollerblade at both Santa Monica and Newport Beach.  I recall rollerblading most if not all the way before, but that was a long time ago.

Nope. Impossible to do that without going riding down major streets. 

 

I have lived here since 1979 and it could never be done from Santa Monica to Newport Beach. 

That's a long ways between Santa Monica and Newport Beach.  You must be thinking of some other place. 

Taking the freeways, its about 54 mikes from Santa Monica to Newport Beach. 

 

Allen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

I lived in Los Angeles for about 25 years starting in the early 80's.  I was last there for another five-year stretch starting around ten years ago and it was still bad. It was known as the Valley of the Smokes even in Indian times. 

Nothing like the 80's, when I literally couldn't see the bus coming from a block away, though.

I do think the mass use of the subway system, and its link to above-ground train systems, even though it covers only limited areas, is a huge help.  It took them forever to finally get smart and put one in.

Yes, but in Indian times there were no cars ;)  I still don't think we have much 'smog' at all, which is not to say there isn't haziness sometimes (what the Indian's would have seen).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...