Ninebot One Weekly Ranking

dpong

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the week ending today I came in at #61 [IN THE WORLD] with a total of 91km.  The interwebs informs me that is 56.54 miles.   I am still well under my goal of 70 miles in a week. 

Congratulations!  That's awesome.  I am looking forward to finding places where I can ride for longer distances.  Maybe soon. 

I just checked and I am #312 and #2979.  :)

I dont dare to do funny things with my workhorse.. yet, so mileage only for me at the moment too. But that other video of the bearded guy in white, got me thinking.. :ph34r:

OMG, that was nuts!  Plus, where were all the bruises and bandages?  I was half expecting him to just ride right off the top of the mountain and miraculously land on his wheel.

Tonight I rode 13.86 miles.  Before I had ridden that far I was getting ready to quit and pulled up the rankings.  I could see I was at #52 spot for the week, so I thought with a little extra effort I could break under #50 right here right now.  So I rode an extra mile and a half sure that would do it.   However, it seems the other guys must have been riding, too, the bastards.  

I'm stuck down at #52 for the week with 62 miles.   

I usually only post my riding status on Sunday nights, but...  this is my best weekly ranking so far.  

IMG_5584.jpg

Tonight I rode 13.86 miles.  Before I had ridden that far I was getting ready to quit and pulled up the rankings.  I could see I was at #52 spot for the week, so I thought with a little extra effort I could break under #50 right here right now.  So I rode an extra mile and a half sure that would do it.   However, it seems the other guys must have been riding, too, the bastards.  

I'm stuck down at #52 for the week with 62 miles.   

I usually only post my riding status on Sunday nights, but...  this is my best weekly ranking so far.  

Congratulations!  I look forward to finding places to ride so I can get those kind of miles. 

OK.  Popped 50 today by appearing as #46 [IN THE WORLD, BWAH HAH HAH...] with 108 km which the interwebs interprets to be 67.1 miles.  And, no, I am not as self-absorbed as it looks like when I post this stuff.  Having fun with it though, and would love to see more of others' "achievements".  ;)

IMG_5593.jpg

Very cool @dpong!  I don't come even close to 100km per week :blink:  riding every day though -- but I guess just short distances B)

@Daan : Then you can probably mount unassisted way better than I can.  I never practiced that enough.  Sure, I can do it, but bleh..  it is no fun.  I seem to be very particular about my foot placement (just like my eyeglasses - they must be *spotless* or else!).  So if I am going to ride a long distance (and I always try to), I mount assisted and try to get my feet placed in exactly the right spot for me.   I really need to practice unassisted mounts more... but where I ride no one recognizes that assisted mounts aren't cool.  [Un-cool, actually.] They don't know any better.  Some day.....

So if I am going to ride a long distance (and I always try to), I mount assisted and try to get my feet placed in exactly the right spot for me.   I really need to practice unassisted mounts more... but where I ride no one recognizes that assisted mounts aren't cool.  [Un-cool, actually.] They don't know any better.  Some day.....

I got to ride 8.19 miles this evening before my 9B1 overheated.  But now I've got 34.78 miles for the week so I am up to #171.  That's odd that your screenshot shows "KM".  Do you have your app in Metric?

Funny that you mentioned foot position.  I too, of course, like my feet to be perfect.  Usually my first launch is my best.  But then I ride 3 or 4 miles with my feet in that position.  Then when I have to stop for something the next launch my right foot (the one I bring up) is maybe 1/2" or some more forward.  I just force myself to get used to it.  Then I stop for whatever reason and the next time my right foot is even but is pidgeon-toed and I have to get used to that.  This evening one time my right foot was way in front.  But I knew I would be stopping soon so I just 'went with it'.  I had to keep curling up my big toe.  Later my foot was 'duck-toed' but I knew I would be stopping soon so I just 'went with it'.  Before, when I was just beginning, many times if I didn't like my foot position immediately, I would try again.  I probably still will some times.

try to shift your weight during the ride on one toe and the other heel and train to hold it that way for a little while, then switch the weight over to the other heel and the other toe. Once you are comfy doing that without bringing the bot to wobble, you can then try to move one heel or toe a little.

The same works for the whole foot,  try and shift all your weight slowly on one leg but only as far as you can balance it, then try to wiggle (slow and cautious) your foot into the right position if its too far ahead or behind.

try to shift your weight during the ride on one toe and the other heel and train to hold it that way for a little while, then switch the weight over to the other heel and the other toe. Once you are comfy doing that without bringing the bot to wobble, you can then try to move one heel or toe a little.

The same works for the whole foot,  try and shift all your weight slowly on one leg but only as far as you can balance it, then try to wiggle (slow and cautious) your foot into the right position if its too far ahead or behind.

This was good advice that helped me.  The heel-toe technique helps me keep my feet from going as numb as they otherwise would be.  Very helpful for extending my comfortable range.  And it does allow me to adjust my feet a bit here and there. 

It worked well for me so far but yesterday I got too overconfident and did it too hasty and I had to jump off. Luckily I wasnt on full speed yet but still.

The numb feet are a result of having not the ideal stance on the pedals, once you can move your feet to the right position your mileage will increase greatly per stint. OK there is the other type of numb feet, that soldiers get when standing still for hours and hours representing or guarding smthn (btw, they use the same technique with the heels and toes), luckily the battery runs out on your EUC before that happens.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

That's odd that your screenshot shows "KM".  Do you have your app in Metric?

I think it is a bug. I have my app set to non-metric.  So it shows all of the rankings in miles, but it still shows my ranking distance in Km.  If I scroll down to find myself on the actual list it does show it in miles just like everyone else.  Bug. 

I think it is a bug. I have my app set to non-metric.  So it shows all of the rankings in miles, but it still shows my ranking distance in Km.  If I scroll down to find myself on the actual list it does show it in miles just like everyone else.  Bug. 

OK.  The Android version doesn't do that.  Strange that they overlooked that.

OK.  Another personal best = another round of unvarnished braggadocio.   Today I achieved 2 different personal bests. 

1) Maximum distance ridden in one day.  Today I rode 20.2 miles total, a new personal best. 

2) I achieved a Ninebot weekly ranking of #34 [IN THE WORLD.. BWAH HAH HAH] by riding 71 miles in a 7 day period.  This has been my general goal to average 10 miles a day. 

I rode about 5 miles in the afternoon, then recharged and rode approximately 15 miles in the early evening.  My last battery level reading was 25%.  The last bit of riding was done fairly slowly and carefully as EUCs can sometimes surprise you when they have low battery.  [Don't I know it. :blink:]

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

I just got back from vancouver but I checked while I was down there and I was 6th in ranking. Pretty sure everyones week rolls over on different days though, it should be3 a mon to sun ranking for everyone 

I just got back from vancouver but I checked while I was down there and I was 6th in ranking. Pretty sure everyones week rolls over on different days though, it should be3 a mon to sun ranking for everyone 

What name do you go by on the Ninebot app?  Vido is #17 still tonight.  I think it is on a 7 day rolling scale.  

Ah, here's a good Ninebot weekly ranking shot.   I was able to catch @SerpentineGX , @vido , and @dpong in the same shot.  

Serpentine is at #70 with 54 miles, and vido and I are at #77 and #78 with 52 miles.  

I was under 50 last evening, so someone has been doing a lot of riding whilst I was sleeping. 

IMG_5684.jpg

:) nice. Would anyone what day of the week they do a reset? I don't even think I've done 50 miles this week ><

I believe it to be a 7 day rolling total, so it always reflects the last 7 days no matter what part of the week we are in. 

Now I see @SirGeraint is up at #66 with 55 miles, beating even the legendary @SerpentineGX at the moment.  Wow!  Way to go!

IMG_5685.jpg

Archived