Evel_Knievel

Any use for un-ridable 1200 watt motor (KS-16S)

Not sure, but be sure to take photos.  I'd like to see what's inside.

• Upvote 1

The copper wire is valuable,  but it would be not worth the trouble to sell, probably 2-3 dollars worth at the scrap yard, the magnets would probably be good for sticking bills and papers to your refrigerator.  An electric bicycle shop might could repair it, seen it done on Youtube.  But I would do like you, and open it up just to see what it looks like inside, maybe you can see what made it bad, just to know.  The magnets are probably not worth the trouble to remove, either, but you could put the motor in a recycle dumpster and at least it is not going to a landfill.  (hopefully)

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Evel_Knievel said:

Have a brand new motor (unridable) that I replaced. Came defective from the factory so was sent a replacement. Any use for the old one? Anything cool I can do with it or parts I can salvage out of it? 

Haven't opened it up yet, but just figured it was a shame to toss it. Will at least open it and take a look before I do trash it. Figured you all might have some experience in the area. There has got to be some cool magnets in there if nothing else.

Wouldn't think anyone would have much need for it since it needs repair and my impression is that these motors don't really wear out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A

@Evel_Knievel Don't toss it! I might be interested if shipping is not to much

Edited by Carlos E Rodriguez
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

@Evel_Knievel Don't toss it! I might be interested if shipping is not to much

Don't open it. Unless you know what you are doing, you will damage the coils just like @Rehab1 and a simple improvement became a destroyed wheel. 

I would like to get one of these wheels if the price is reasonable. @Evel_Knievel

6 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Don't open it. Unless you know what you are doing, you will damage the coils just like @Rehab1 and a simple improvement became a destroyed wheel. 

Carlos????WHAT???? Please go back and study my autopsy topic!!!!! The 2 winding wires became compromised when I tried to extract and replace the hall sensors. The motor was not destroyed when I opened it! Very disappointed!!!

@Evel_Knievel please give Carlos the Expert your motor!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/10/2017 at 4:55 AM, Rehab1 said:

shipping is expensive as freight costs for my new motor is $200.

That sounds a little high for just the motor, think I read that the whole wheel ships for that much.  Here's hoping you receive not just a motor, but a whole new wheel!