Anyone go from 16" to 14"?

RooEUC

23 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Some people are saying skip the V5F and get the +, but if the v5F gets the range of a Ninebot One E+ that's all I need and I would enjoy saving a couple of hundred dollars.

Depending on your weight, you might get slightly less or same range on the V5F vs a NB1E+. (288WH vs 320WH)

If that's fine, then you should be fine with the regular V5F. But don't expect a much lighter wheel with the V5F over the +, as the batteries are the same amount of cells (40)

Inmotion-V5F-vs-Ninebot-One-E-Model-Comparison-v3.jpg

30 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Some people are saying skip the V5F and get the +, but if the v5F gets the range of a Ninebot One E+ that's all I need and I would enjoy saving a couple of hundred dollars.

Go for the +......it's too important an aspect of eucs to go cheap concerning range. It's so much more important than either speed, looks or or even weight to most people.

And don't buy from somewhere dodgy, no matter what amazing price theyre offering or how much unicorns and cocaine theyre throwing in. 

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

I probably don't need more range, but all anyone really talks about is how good it is to have, so sure enough, my next wheel is going to be the ACMs+ 1600, BOOM:thumbup:!!!   Do I need the added range, I'm not certain...but I'm going with the theory that it's better to have more range than not enough. 

:thumbup:

Nobody ever wished they had smaller batteries:)

Riding for hours without even thinking about battery, and then you look and you're still above 50%, it is just magic.

You still need a well-designed trolley handle. Walking the V5F is not a big problem or even noticeable as eventually you'll run out of power regardless of your battery size. If you get stranded half a mile away from home then walking it is a mere ten minute affair, but a serious ordeal if you're carrying it.

Probably trolley handling is in the top 3 factors for me.

26 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Go for the +......it's too important an aspect of eucs to go cheap concerning range. It's so much more important than either speed, looks or or even weight to most people.

And don't buy from somewhere dodgy, no matter what amazing price theyre offering or how much unicorns and cocaine theyre throwing in. 

For me portability and weight is more important than huge range, provided a set minimum range is catered to.  If I can get 20km with 5km left in the tank I'm set.  I rarely do more than 18km on a ride.  I live in the country and I have a limited number of roads around me that aren't highways so I can't really go that far from home without going onto roads that are not safe for EUCs, unless I drive to a location specifically to go for a ride.  I weigh about 155lbs and have not yet found myself out of power when riding my MiniPro or E+ on any rides, even after exploring river paths for 2 hours at a time.  And I have a portable mains power supply with a 5AH battery that I can use to top up my wheel when taking breaks to rest my feet.  So I'm thinking the + model might not be worth spending an extra $200+ CAD on, for me personally.  Obviously if money was no object and the weight truly was identical, the + would be a no brainer.  But I have already bought a MiniPro and an E+ in the last 6 weeks and I don't want to spend more than I need to if I am rarely, if ever, going to use that extra range.

I won't be buying from anywhere dodgy - there are no sellers in Canada anyway, so it would have to be either EWheels and pay a fortune to get it to Canada, or wait and see if a used one pops up some day.   

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:thumbup:

Nobody ever wished they had smaller batteries:)

Riding for hours without even thinking about battery, and then you look and you're still above 50%, it is just magic.

Magic, until you go to lift that thing up a long flight of stairs, or carry it around a shop, or carry it clear of a long patch of water or over an area where you know there are a lot of thorns.

22 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

For me portability and weight is more important than huge range, provided a set minimum range is catered to. .... Obviously if money was no object and the weight truly was identical, the + would be a no brainer.

That was exactly my criteria as well. By the way, I just weighed my V5F and V5F+ and they are exactly the same weight: 27.2 lbs.

3 minutes ago, Ombre said:

That was exactly my criteria as well. By the way, I just weighed my V5F and V5F+ and they are exactly the same weight: 27.2 lbs.

Thanks, that's super helpful.  Do you know what the real world increase in range you have experienced is?

Haven't had enough experience with the V5F+ yet but initial indications are that it will go about 8-10 miles further with my weight (75 kg with backpack).  That's about a 60% increase, so potentially worth the extra $200 if you routinely exceed 12 miles between charges.  My real-world range on the standard V5F is about 15 miles, but this can decrease dramatically with high wind, hills, extended top-speed riding, or lots of start/stop.

42 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

For me portability and weight is more important than huge range, provided a set minimum range is catered to.  If I can get 20km with 5km left in the tank I'm set.  I rarely do more than 18km on a ride.  I live in the country and I have a limited number of roads around me that aren't highways so I can't really go that far from home without going onto roads that are not safe for EUCs, unless I drive to a location specifically to go for a ride.  I weigh about 155lbs and have not yet found myself out of power when riding my MiniPro or E+ on any rides, even after exploring river paths for 2 hours at a time.  And I have a portable mains power supply with a 5AH battery that I can use to top up my wheel when taking breaks to rest my feet.  So I'm thinking the + model might not be worth spending an extra $200+ CAD on, for me personally.  Obviously if money was no object and the weight truly was identical, the + would be a no brainer.  But I have already bought a MiniPro and an E+ in the last 6 weeks and I don't want to spend more than I need to if I am rarely, if ever, going to use that extra range.

I won't be buying from anywhere dodgy - there are no sellers in Canada anyway, so it would have to be either EWheels and pay a fortune to get it to Canada, or wait and see if a used one pops up some day.   

Fair enough, obviously you know your needs better than anyone. And Jason is an excellent and knowledgeable seller. Actually I just checked the ewheels website, and they have no stock of v5f+ for another few months anyway..... so if you get one, it would have to be from Jason's uk supply, with whatever shipping costs that involves.

In terms of 2nd hand, my friend Fred who is on the forum is actually looking to sell up his V8 shortly, but that may well be of little interest to you given that it's a 16inch and it would have to be shipped from the UK (although he is coincidentally also from Canada). The KingSong 14d is of course another option for you.

2 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

Or this

foxonbike.jpg

But like I said in another thread, size and weight are very important to me.  It has to be as small, thin, light and compact as possible for a 14" wheel.

That looks like something out of a batman movie.

6 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Could you imagine just laying on your balls like that while you wack over bumps and potholes. Or a power cutoff when you're already in Superman position. That thing is fucked. 

It would be safer than an EUC during a cutout if airbags were fitted to the front fairing.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wouldn't that be nice...problem is, while I may not be worried about my batteries, my sons still have to worry about theirs, which of course means that I still have to worry :facepalm:...vicious cycle.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

It would be safer than an EUC during a cutout if airbags were fitted to the front fairing.

Or if an extra small wheel popped out from the front underside in an emergency and it would become a bicycle of sorts, preventing a face plant.

On 5/10/2017 at 0:08 PM, RooMiniPro said:

I would like to, but it's probably going to cost over $120 CAD to get it here.  It's not worth it for me when I only paid $625 CAD for my bot.  I might just try to make one.

That's a good idea, you could use the existing screw holes, and get a luggage handle and fasten it to the wheel.  I think someone has done it, months ago, but I don't remember where in the forum I saw it.  

18 hours ago, Maximus said:

Wouldn't that be nice...problem is, while I may not be worried about my batteries, my sons still have to worry about theirs, which of course means that I still have to worry :facepalm:...vicious cycle.

Not vicious, virtuous.

"Dad, we need something to keep up with you!"

And before you know it, some more ACMs arrive and the entire family is happier than ever before;)

On 5/11/2017 at 9:38 AM, Maximus said:

I've had my v8 for about 3 months, but only been riding it regularly for the past 3-4 weeks.  I love the v8, but it's also my first wheel and I'm primarily riding with my youngest son who got a V5F (not the plus).  Given his weight (like 70lbs I think) we get roughly the same range on our wheels, in fact his might be better :) .  Anyway, range hasn't been a big deal for me as most of our rides have been 10 miles or less.  However, now that my older son is getting into riding we've been splitting time on the V8 and I'm looking for a wheel for myself.  I probably don't need more range, but all anyone really talks about is how good it is to have, so sure enough, my next wheel is going to be the ACMs+ 1600, BOOM:thumbup:!!!   Do I need the added range, I'm not certain...but I'm going with the theory that it's better to have more range than not enough.  To be honest, I'd consider another V8 because I like the wheel so much, but I think it's worth trying a Gotway just for the variety and to see if I like the way they ride.  I considered the MSuper and Monster, but ultimately thought the ACM was more fit for the riding I would be doing.  If you don't think that you'll need more than about 15-18 miles for range, then I wouldn't even think twice, and get the V8.  It's a great wheel and I imagine that I'll still steal it from my son, from time to time, even when I get my ACM :laughbounce2:

You may have heard my story.. had an MSuper for 10 days and blew the board over the smallest bump into a wall, so I am tainted against Gotway. However, were I to consider another, the ACM would be the only one at this point.. so I would really like to hear back from you when you get it.. comparison to the V8, and if you think it's amazing. It's specs are definitely tempting.. but I do really want a good trolley handle and a decent headlight, so still tending toward the V8 at this time. 

Archived