ANOTHER Denver EUC Violence Episode

dbfrese

This is not the same incident as has been discussed in another thread. The police have charged an EUCer with assault, but the EUC rider claims he used his knife to defend himself from being attacked. I hope the truth of what really happened will come out, and justice will be done.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/05/03/electric-unicycle-stabbing-attack/

"I stay prepared: carry a pocketknife, pepper spray, flashlight, everything like that every single day. I used the pepper spray as he was attacking me,” Gregory said.

I don't carry any of that... heh. But I also don't live in Denver.

Hope the witness comes forward.

I'd rob him just on general principle; he looks like an easy mark. I'm guessing that isn't his first run in with rogues; no one carries knife and mace unless they've had similar situations (which probably didn't escalate but spooked him).

It's like when I take street photography and I get confronted by a person for, you know, legally taking pictures in a public area. Everyone should do street photography just to get the experience.

Apologize, smile, pretend to delete the picture, always agree, but keep moving. No one in the history of humanity has ever managed to change the mind of someone they just met on the street.

If someone tells you that you "should this or should that" when you're doing something on your unicycle, what they're really telling you is if you don't do it then they will <attempt> to kick you ass. You shouldn't ride on the sidewalk. Of course. You should not go down steps. Of course. You should not cross the street on it. Of course. You should walk. Of course.

About the closest I've been to getting robbed is when an approximetly 8 year old girl grabbed the handle of my unicycle and tried to walk off with it. Blond haired white girl, mind you, so let's not get racist.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I'd rob him just on general principle; he looks like an easy mark. I'm guessing that isn't his first run in with rogues; no one carries knife and mace unless they've had similar situations (which probably didn't escalate but spooked him).

It's like when I take street photography and I get confronted by a person for, you know, legally taking pictures in a public area. Everyone should do street photography just to get the experience.

Apologize, smile, pretend to delete the picture, always agree, but keep moving. No one in the history of humanity has ever managed to change the mind of someone they just met on the street.

If someone tells you that you "should this or should that" when you're doing something on your unicycle, what they're really telling you is if you don't do it then they will <attempt> to kick you ass. You shouldn't ride on the sidewalk. Of course. You should not go down steps. Of course. You should not cross the street on it. Of course. You should walk. Of course.

That's a big reason I decided against pursuing photography anymore.  I've gotten looks from people a number of times and it is very uncomfortable and spoils the fun.  It seems 9/11 among other things has given people permission to be paranoid, think they know the law, and just be generally aggressive toward photographers.  I don't need it, and I know there's no convincing anyone of anything if they are the type willing to just presume a guy quietly taking pictures is some kind of weirdo or outright dangerous character.

It used to be that photography was considered the most innocent hobby.  Every tourist, mom and dad, young student did it.  Artists and journalists and scrap bookers did it.  Now it's become the most guilty hobby, and immediate cause for alarm.

About the closest I've been to getting robbed is when an approximetly 8 year old girl grabbed the handle of my unicycle and tried to walk off with it. Blond haired white girl, mind you, so let's not get racist.

I just assumed it was a blonde-haired white girl in the first place.

That does look like choochtech, the guy who rode his Ninebot through a foot of snow.  He doesn't seem like the typical thug type who is looking to stab random people, but who knows what happened.  Hopefully the witness will come forward to testify.  It sounds like he's in some trouble using just a knife as the police seem to be siding with the other party.  I guess it's good he was able to stop the altercation and escape on his Ninebot?  Too bad he wasn't filming at the time...

I wonder what would have happened if he had a gun and killed the assailant.  If there were no witnesses, would the police let him off scott free?  What would the assailant's family and friends end up doing?

Weapon used?

If anything Chooch is a very boyish, innocent looking young guy, the kind who looks like he would draw bullies like flies. Cowards like easy pickings, so guys like Chooch are just what they look for.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what happened here.  It certainly happened to me when I was young and looked even younger than my age.  

Males around his age are very aggressive in general, and prone to bullying and other warped status-seeking and ego-affirming behaviors.  The same guy who might pass up a meek looking older man might go right after one of their "peers."

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I was always under the impression you Ninebotters were cool, calm and collected! Ok...spill the beans @Hunka Hunka Burning Love , what weapon do you carry?

With a name like Hunka Hunka, and knowing he is Canadian, and knowing his royal title, my bet is that he likes to carry a love sword everywhere he goes.

I will be curious to what made that guy get out of he car in the first place? I wonder if there was some road rage that happened between the driver and ninebot rider. Either way, if it did get heated verbally than I do wonder if the driver was really the one to physically come after ninebot rider.

Seems most logical to me. Who charges a car?  And in the story, the EUC guy says the guy from the car was towering over him.  People don't usually charge at people who tower over them.

I'd guess it's the usual thing ... someone feels that someone else cut them off.  Maybe they had just gotten in an argument with their girlfriend or boss.  Then, an excuse to vent crossed their path ...

57 minutes ago, dbfrese said:

With a name like Hunka Hunka, and knowing he is Canadian, and knowing his royal title, my bet is that he likes to carry a love sword everywhere he goes.

Oh you know it.  :efee6b18f3:  And the ladies know it too.  :efefa07c43: 

The problem with altercations involving weapons without good video evidence is that it can come down to a he said she said sort of situation, and people tend to lie.  

It certainly could have been a case where Chooch (Colton) was crossing an intersection, got cut off by a car, exchanged some :eff0541f4a: pleasantries and sign language gestures and rolled on.  The driver, in a bad mood from just breaking up with his girlfriend, decided to have words with Colton and straighten him out for his :eff0541f4a: verbal donations so a scuffle ensued.  Knife gets pulled and blood letting follows.  

There often are two sides of the story that have to be revealed before we can fully understand what happened.  People giving their side of the story will always appear saintly because what the heck, they're on TV!  So it's best face forwards.

Sadly, the news rarely follows up on what happens next so we may never know. They are all about the sensationalism and hot story of the moment.  I've been trying to see what happened to our local forum meth dealers / murder accomplices, but there's very little to go on after their arrests...

BTW - lesson learned:  Don't mess with us Ninebotters.  Or we will shiv ya!  :efef77eaf5:

Archived