Kingsong Alarm Details and Explanation

Evel_Knievel

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2017 at 6:47 AM, Marty Backe said:

Of course this is a personal decision for obvious reasons, but I configure all of my Gotway and KingSong wheels like this:

• 1st and 2nd alarms off
  • 3rd alarm cannot be configured
  • Tilt-back is disabled (I can't remember if KingSong allows this). Basically, I pay attention to the 3rd alarm and always slow down when I hear it. I don't want the tilt-back to kick in, particularly at very high speed because it may require more power from the wheel that the wheel has, and then it will cutout. That's the theory that some of us believe in.

I think This cutout scenario happened to me on a group ride two weeks ago. 

Conditions:

-~70% battery

-very heavy headwind -SF bay (flat surface)

-very heavy forward lean 

-Tilt back alarm set to 21mph

-believe amps went into 30’s

-unfortunately, couldn’t feel the phone vibrate or Bluetooth alerts between wind noise and traffic. 

Tough to say if it tried to tilt me back first and then cutout or if the amp draw forced the cutout die to the lean.  

Either way, trying to realearn the limits of the wheel to be able to trust it at the higher speeds. When I can hear the beeps always back off and never had an issue.

Pushed  to top end since and had no issues.   definitely on alert, though.  Need the extra headroom the 18xl provides ;)

Chili 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chili D said:

unfortunately, couldn’t feel the phone vibrate or Bluetooth alerts between wind noise and traffic

Put your phone in a belt bag just at the belly - he is very sensitive to vibrations!