Korean version of the ACM

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No visible vents. If they exist the vents must be facing the wheel, which is doubtful.

I did not think so. Having a vent facing the wheel (motor) would easily allow moisture to infiltrate the sealed compartment. Wondering just how effective the 2 fans are if there is no exhaust vents to redirect the heat outside the shell. 

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I did not think so. Having a vent facing the wheel (motor) would easily allow moisture to infiltrate the sealed compartment. Wondering just how effective the 2 fans are if there is no exhaust vents to redirect the heat outside the shell. 

Originally I was concerned that the Monster would overheat under tough conditions since it depended on fans. But during my disastrous mountain/rescue ride I got a chance to see how it behaved. It was a hot day and I climbed continuously for over 3500 feet. The fans were running continuously and the Monster ran about 10 decrees hotter than the ACMs that were with me. The Monster temperature never got above the mid-60s.

So I now feel that the Monster won't overheat on me even on very hot days. I have to conclude that the fans are effective enough.

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Vary effective. The air flux will move a lot of heat even if the air is warm. Air expands rapidly and that will create a beathing cycle so venting is not really necessary. Plenty of air volume inside the wheel

Hi,

I don’t know if somebody already tested it but I wanted to try the installation of the “Korean fan” on my ACM 16 1300.

Well, it works very well.

When the temperature of the MB reach, more or less the 35 degrees Celsius (as already mentioned by Emmanuel Kim), the fan start and it stop when the temperature drop.

To connect the fan (a simple 12 volt, 4 by 4 centimeters) I used the free connector as shown in the picture, connector which is obviously linked with the MB thermometer.

Not sure that is really useful, but maybe a day it will avoid me a faceplant….

ACM fan.jpg

15 hours ago, FULspeed said:

Hi,

I don’t know if somebody already tested it but I wanted to try the installation of the “Korean fan” on my ACM 16 1300.

Well, it works very well.

When the temperature of the MB reach, more or less the 35 degrees Celsius (as already mentioned by Emmanuel Kim), the fan start and it stop when the temperature drop.

To connect the fan (a simple 12 volt, 4 by 4 centimeters) I used the free connector as shown in the picture, connector which is obviously linked with the MB thermometer.

Not sure that is really useful, but maybe a day it will avoid me a faceplant….

ACM fan.jpg

Can you post the supplier and the connector style please.

I see you also like that darn hot clue.  It wont stay. The hot glue does not bond very well with the ABS or PC plastics. I would take the time and put some actual fasteners to the case or the heatsink.

Nice idea.

15 hours ago, FULspeed said:

I don’t know if somebody already tested it but I wanted to try the installation of the “Korean fan” on my ACM 16 1300

Perfect! I have been studying that 2 pin port. @Marty Backe had mention both of his Monster fans are connected at the junction. I need to apply some heat to the main board next to my temperature data logger and find out what temperature actually activates the sensor that supplies the 12 v to the fan.

My fan installed on my ACM 1600 has 2 intakes and exhaust. I was going to utilize a rechargeable lipo battery pack mounted inside the shell to power my fan but this is a much better option. So glad it works! Thanks!

twADcD6.jpg

MOYrh8r.jpg

3 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Can you post the supplier and the connector style please.

I see you also like that darn hot clue.  It wont stay.

I have a drawer full of these little fans, all coming from old computers;

I chosed one almost new but, as you can see from the big picture, with a simple flat connector, suitable for a PC motherboard, without lock. But it is quite firm and it should not get off...

591c9e3789345_ACMfanb.jpg.b3c9d58fa5dce2eee22c75ce74918b83.jpg

About the glue in fact it’s not hot glue, I used ABS dissolved in acetone, it should be stronger. In any case I will check regularly for problems, of course. I use it to stick my 3d printer objects and I found it very useful.

We can't buy this I did call from a Korean friend and the company said they ship only in Korea no in other country. My friend have to buy in Korea and than send me in Italy,  become to expensive 1.270 € for acm 16 plus 84V and all most 200 or 250 €for send me in Italy. 

30 minutes ago, Francesco Gulberti said:

We can't buy this I did call from a Korean friend and the company said they ship only in Korea no in other country. My friend have to buy in Korea and than send me in Italy,  become to expensive 1.270 € for acm 16 plus 84V and all most 200 or 250 €for send me in Italy. 

Would your friend be able to help me out on this purchase?

52 minutes ago, Francesco Gulberti said:

You want it for the colors? Then you could paint the shells yourself if you want.

Otherwise, there is no reason to import the Korean ACM, the differences to the regular are very small. I'm getting the impression you think the Korean one is "better", but it's only a few minor modifications.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You want it for the colors? Then you could paint the shells yourself if you want.

Otherwise, there is no reason to import the Korean ACM, the differences to the regular are very small. I'm getting the impression you think the Korean one is "better", but it's only a few minor modifications.

Yep, for the modifications.  Since I'm buying a new one anyways, I might as well acquire one that is already outfitted.  This gives me more piece of mind when I'm riding the wheel at the limits.  

I do appreciate your advice.  Please don't think that I see your words as offensive.  It's quite the opposite - I welcome it.

Archived