feeling like a dumbass

kour

25 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I really like the "design-y" elements in the way you put the padding on.  It looks great to me.  I really like the sharp-looking cut-out you did for the headlight area.  Looks very natural there.

You have lots of nice lines, with everything meeting up neatly even on the diagonal.  

Did you find any of that hard or awkward to do?  Did you lay it all out flat when you were cutting and measuring, then mount it and hope joins and lines wouldn't stretch out of shape on the machine?

I got a couple of rolls incoming with my first ever machine, and want to pad the daylights out of it too, but still make it look nice.

It wasn't to hard I took my time, the hardest part was the head lights, I basically pressed it against the unicycle and use a pen to mark the cut out but slightly smaller than the actual cutout so the pen mark won't show then I make the necessary adjustments, no tape measurer. Here's a pic of my 1600 feel free to copy which ever style you like, oh and also get some clear 3m tape because the tape that they provide with the foam doesn't work to well in the matte material,10mm will be fine

f6mqKvN.jpgHv04JqW.jpgyJjMH07.jpgdxedfLU.jpg

That's' really different placement between your two versions.  

I notice one has pads on top of the pads that the MSuper comes with, but one doesn't.  Did you find that the extra padding wasn't needed ... or was it the other way around and you found they were?  

Also, what are those lights you have up front on the green/black model?  And those multi-layer square boxes of foam to their left?

9 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

That's' really different placement between your two versions.  

I notice one has pads on top of the pads that the MSuper comes with, but one doesn't.  Did you find that the extra padding wasn't needed ... or was it the other way around and you found they were?  

Also, what are those lights you have up front on the green/black model?  And those multi-layer square boxes of foam to their left?

I didn't put pads on top of the pads the white and black 1600 came with because the bigger battery made it wide enough but I did on the red and black 820 because I feel the extra padding made it more stable to me. Those are LED lights I have in the back and if you look closely there are also LEDS below the red strip on the side the black square is a battery and the green foam house the switch to turn it on I added a few layers to it so it's the same height as the battery

13 hours ago, Shabba said:

I didn't put pads on top of the pads the white and black 1600 came with because the bigger battery made it wide enough but I did on the red and black 820 because I feel the extra padding made it more stable to me. Those are LED lights I have in the back and if you look closely there are also LEDS below the red strip on the side the black square is a battery and the green foam house the switch to turn it on I added a few layers to it so it's the same height as the battery

Ah, I finally can see the lights on the sides -- very hard to detect with them not being lit.  

Anyway thanks for the ideas.  It hadn't occurred to me that I could be creative with the colors.  I was thinking in a very utilitarian way only.

In the auto section they have fillers. find an epoxy based one. Not bondo. fill the scratches, sand smooth, spray with car bumper paint. Some plastics might need a prep because they release a oily or waxy film so the prep chemical will remove them so the paint can stick well. It will look brand new after you are done

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a650/2763656/

On 5/16/2017 at 7:59 AM, Shabba said:

feel free to copy which ever style you like, oh and also get some clear 3m tape 

Can you be very clear on both the tape you used to get the foam to stick to the Matt wheel of the 1600?

Four times now I have tried to foam up my 1600 with no success. One time I used gorilla tape that took hair and skin yet slid gently off the Gotway. I have used soap, and cleaned the wheel, and tried all sorts of tape but given a few minutes all my tape pops off on its own.

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Can you be very clear on both the tape you used to get the foam to stick to the Matt wheel of the 1600?

Four times now I have tried to foam up my 1600 with no success. One time I used gorilla tape that took hair and skin yet slid gently off the Gotway. I have used soap, and cleaned the wheel, and tried all sorts of tape but given a few minutes all my tape pops off on its own.

I used clear 3M tape, I bought it off ebay, 10mm should be large enough

Archived