Rockwheel GT16 App

Rockwheel GT16 Android APP

RockWheel-2017-4-12.apk

The source where I downloaded the attached file is from the google drive link of a comment of the YouTube User Wing Kit Chu, from the video of Citi Wheel:

https://youtu.be/YiL_Bnefces

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SnC7pimmEUc1dPemx6V2NCR3JjbW15bVRLZkV3Zms3dS1z/view

I have downloaded and renamed the file so that the android phone is able to recognize it as .apk file. (I just deleted ".1.1" at the end of the file...)

I am not the author of this software.

I am not the owner of the source.

I do not assume liability for errors contained in or for damages arising from the use of the software.

Edited by da_toni
  • Upvote 2

iOS APP:

you just have to enter on the App Store of your iOS device: "rockwheel"

„Rockwheel“ from xiaojie Chen
https://appsto.re/at/JIkO_.i

Add: There is no iOS App available anymore because of new Appstore regulations. The app developers have to update the software…

Edited by da_toni

20 hours ago, Yman Juran said:

There is no ANDROID version of thsi Rockwheel gt 16 app ?? Why??  OR if there is I cant find it in the right way..

My Itunes  got it but  there seem no way to send it to my Nexus android phone  or is there

??

Check the first link in the first post in this thread :) You can download the app from that link and install manually on your Android phone.

I dont think the app is available on Google Play, at least not for now...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Yman Juran said:

There is no ANDROID version of thsi Rockwheel gt 16 app ?? Why??  OR if there is I cant find it in the right way..

My Itunes  got it but  there seem no way to send it to my Nexus android phone  or is there

??

You have to use the Webbrowser on your android phone and simply download, install (allow installation) and it should work. If you don't know how to install an app which is not from google play ask a friend if he might help you. You can also find "how-to's" on google websearch.

• 1 month later...
On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 6:35 PM, da_toni said:

Rockwheel GT16 Android APP

RockWheel-2017-4-12.apk

The source where I downloaded the attached file is from the google drive link of a comment of the YouTube User Wing Kit Chu, from the video of Citi Wheel:

https://youtu.be/YiL_Bnefces

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SnC7pimmEUc1dPemx6V2NCR3JjbW15bVRLZkV3Zms3dS1z/view

I have downloaded and renamed the file so that the android phone is able to recognize it as .apk file. (I just deleted ".1.1" at the end of the file...)

I am not the author of this software.

I am not the owner of the source.

I do not assume liability for errors contained in or for damages arising from the use of the software.

Hi man

Really thanks so much ;)

Please, due this app Isn't at now published In Android and IOS markets, can you update us If will come out new versions of It???

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my GT16B)

Well, how do you set it through the app ??

What's the difference among the 3 modes and what settings you use for alarms and tiltbak? ?? :confused1:

Thanks

Great ! Thanks

Last thing.. do you noticed these settings are stored so you have them either after a power off and power on.....or you must re insert them each time by the app reconnection? ??:unsure:

Edited by zugu

3 hours ago, zugu said:

Great ! Thanks

Last thing.. do you noticed these settings are stored so you have them either after a power off and power on.....or you must re insert them each time by the app reconnection? ??:unsure:

It remembers the settings so you don't have to set them from time to time :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Lorents said:

It remembers the settings so you don't have to set them from time to time :thumbup:

Well mine resets to walking mode whenever I connect, but all other settings are saved. And a power-cycle doesn't affect the settings at all.

I tend to set it to playing mode, since I really like the superfast response. I go back to walking mode if my legs or feet are too tired.

Edited by Scatcat
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Well mine resets to walking mode whenever I connect, but all other settings are saved. And a power-cycle doesn't affect the settings at all.

I tend to set it to playing mode, since I really like the superfast response. I go back to walking mode if my legs or feet are too tired.

True...

It keeps All settings apart the mode that is always reset to Walking mode..

A bit annoying due if someone like me or Scatcat prefer at 1st the Playing mode we are forced every time to take the smartphone and open the app to change the mode. .,<_<

More dangerous for Beginners,  that if they will forget to set the Beginner mode at every power on, will found themselves with a fully and more powerful mode under their feet:blink:

5 hours ago, zugu said:

True...

It keeps All settings apart the mode that is always reset to Walking mode..

A bit annoying due if someone like me or Scatcat prefer at 1st the Playing mode we are forced every time to take the smartphone and open the app to change the mode. .,<_<

More dangerous for Beginners,  that if they will forget to set the Beginner mode at every power on, will found themselves with a fully and more powerful mode under their feet:blink:

OTOH, when you get past the shock of power, the harder modes are actually safer to use...

• Upvote 1

On 30/6/2017 at 2:08 AM, Scatcat said:

OTOH, when you get past the shock of power, the harder modes are actually safer to use...

Well, great machine,  but it was for my son that at last prefers to stay with his Black Solowheel Xtreme....I, at this time, have the habit to a bigger 18" wheel having too a White Solowheel Xtreme... 

Plus.. ALL EUC against Solowheel must be rode in a different way and are too rigid:unsure:

Me and my son began with 2 Roboteers-M,  a clone of Airwheel X3, and changing for Solowheel was a big step ahead in Comfort and Security ;)

We love to Swing and Twist with them and their firmware assistance..

All other EUC we tried at now are all too rigid and fatiguing to ride..

These are the reasons why either if I love my Red GT16 V2 aesthetic,  I love my GT16 84v 858Wh power and speed, after only 2km done I've repackaged it ready to sell ....:crying:

P.m. me if someone is interested in...

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, zugu said:

Well, great machine,  but it was for my son that at last prefers to stay with his Black Solowheel Xtreme....I, at this time, have the habit to a bigger 18" wheel having too a White Solowheel Xtreme... 

Plus.. ALL EUC against Solowheel must be rode in a different way and are too rigid:unsure:

Me and my son began with 2 Roboteers-M,  a clone of Airwheel X3, and changing for Solowheel was a big step ahead in Comfort and Security ;)

We love to Swing and Twist with them and their firmware assistance..

All other EUC we tried at now are all too rigid and fatiguing to ride..

These are the reasons why either if I love my Red GT16 V2 aesthetic,  I love my GT16 84v 858Wh power and speed, after only 2km done I've repackaged it ready to sell ....:crying:

P.m. me if someone is interested in...

Too hard? I find the "walking mode" almost too soft :D. But then I am getting slightly addicted to the bend-my-knees-lean-and-ignite-the-rocket-boosters feeling in playing mode... ;)

Announce the sale here on the forum, I'm sure there will be people interested.

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Too hard? I find the "walking mode" almost too soft :D. But then I am getting slightly addicted to the bend-my-knees-lean-and-ignite-the-rocket-boosters feeling in playing mode... ;)

Announce the sale here on the forum, I'm sure there will be people interested.

Thanks

Sure you never tried a Solowheel original and Xtreme model overall. . ;)

Sure I'll post the announce somewhere,  sometimes,  as soon as I'll time to compose it:huh: too busy and lazy for these tasks. ..:rolleyes:

Thanks anyway for all the informations you gave me, Bro;)

1 hour ago, zugu said:

Thanks

Sure you never tried a Solowheel original and Xtreme model overall. . ;)

Sure I'll post the announce somewhere,  sometimes,  as soon as I'll time to compose it:huh: too busy and lazy for these tasks. ..:rolleyes:

Thanks anyway for all the informations you gave me, Bro;)

No, I've not ridden any Solowheels at all so far. I understand they are high quality and comfortable, but overpriced and underpowered.

I really suggest you to make this experience just as complete your knowledge due it's really another kind of way to ride B)

I was really in difficult at start,  coming from a clone. . But now. . for me and my son seem to be a No way back point... :blink:

Well.

If I ever get the chance to try one, I sure will. But I really don't see myself paying €2000+ for a wheel that has 1800W of max power, where my wheel has 3200W max and 2000W nominal; a battery of <200Wh, where mine has >850Wh; with a range on flat ground of 20km, when I go 12,5 km to work and still has 80%+ power left; that has a max speed that is about half of what I've set my tilt-back speed to.

My reflection on the matter is that you get used to the behaviour of a certain brand, and others feel strange. With just a few km on the Rockwheel, I doubt you have really learned how it works. The algorithm is actually very good, so much so that it was one of the high points in peoples minds when the wheel first came on the market.

I hear the algorithm on the Solowheel is very good too, if very different. I don't doubt that, and if that is what makes you happy, then go for it. Personally I appreciate the hard mode, anything softer would feel kind of strange.

Well.. I only suggested you to try... not to buy...:D

Due it's the only Brand that use this algorithm,  others all didn't permit to "swing" I only suggested to give it a try to know that exists either another kind a way to ride, that's all ;)

I've experimented setting the three alarms at a very low speed to see what they sounds like. Im only getting a double beep. It seems like there is no difference in sound between the alarms? I also set the tilt back to a low number and no matter what it defaults back to 47kmh. Has anyone else tried this?

On 2017-07-02 at 9:23 PM, zugu said:

Well.. I only suggested you to try... not to buy...:D

Due it's the only Brand that use this algorithm,  others all didn't permit to "swing" I only suggested to give it a try to know that exists either another kind a way to ride, that's all ;)

Would probably scare the sh*t out of me :D