Beeping sound from KS14C

Josephine Chen

Could be an overcharge warning. My KS14C would beep and tilt if I rode downhill just after a full charge. It should not occur after a normal charging session unless something is wrong, either with the charger or inside your wheel that is allowing an overcharge to take place. Can you lift the wheel and let it spin off some of the charge, or will it not allow it? 

Are all the battery lights lit up after the charge?

Charger failures are more common than wheel problems from overcharging, I've had three chargers fail on me.

8 hours ago, who_the said:

Could be an overcharge warning. My KS14C would beep and tilt if I rode downhill just after a full charge. It should not occur after a normal charging session unless something is wrong, either with the charger or inside your wheel that is allowing an overcharge to take place. Can you lift the wheel and let it spin off some of the charge, or will it not allow it? 

I can lift up the wheels and let it spin but the wheels will go at a super fast speed and am afraid that it will damage the wheels..

So lifting the wheels and letting it spin off is another solution to overcharge problem?

8 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Are all the battery lights lit up after the charge?

Charger failures are more common than wheel problems from overcharging, I've had three chargers fail on me.

Yeap all lights lit up. I have been trying to use up the batt by playing music thru the speaker via Bluetooth and riding it back and forth

3 hours ago, Josephine Chen said:

I can lift up the wheels and let it spin but the wheels will go at a super fast speed and am afraid that it will damage the wheels..

So lifting the wheels and letting it spin off is another solution to overcharge problem?

Riding the wheel or letting the wheel spin can burn off some of the stored charge. Are you still getting the beeping and tilting after using up some battery?

Was this a KS14C? 

I have same problem.  Wheel thinks the voltage is higher than it is.  Too high, so it does the tilt-back thing.

Mine has gotten worse.

Check out this thread, about 1/2 way down.

And today's post:

Archived