My first faceplant

kasenutty

43 minutes ago, CarZin said:

<snip>
Everytime I go riding, there are times where I am thinking "if this thing cut-out, I am screwed'

:)  I have the same thought usually.  I guess that adds to the excitement of riding these things.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:)  I have the same thought usually.  I guess that adds to the excitement of riding these things.

I haven't had that thought in quite a while BUT while riding my Monster I am very aware of it's size and weight. Coming off that at speed could potentially hurt a lot more than my ACM did way back. I have only gone just over 20mph on my Monster even though it seems to glide along smoothly. I have taken my ACM to 26mph without a second thought.

20 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Has anyone considered wearing roller skates while they ride their EUC? 

Maybe I'm not understanding what you wrote, but I can't imagine how that would be possible even if I wanted to :huh:

26 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I've taken a bit of time and drafted this technical drawing showing how it all works. 

RideSafe.jpg

Safety first. I love the helmet mirror :thumbup:

Most wheels allow you to set the tilt-back speeds via application, and setting it really low like around 4-6 miles per hour allows you to experience it without too much danger.

First time I experienced tilt-back back at 10+ mph I felt I was going to get killed on this thing, it is really easy to fall if you don't know the proper response to your wheel. Even though the tilt-back is a rather gentle motion, it feels violent because your body reacts to it somewhat like when a loud noise makes a cat jump.

19 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Most wheels allow you to set the tilt-back speeds via application, and setting it really low like around 4-6 miles per hour allows you to experience it without too much danger.

First time I experienced tilt-back back at 10+ mph I felt I was going to get killed on this thing, it is really easy to fall if you don't know the proper response to your wheel. Even though the tilt-back is a rather gentle motion, it feels violent because your body reacts to it somewhat like when a loud noise makes a cat jump.

Good tip!  I'm going to try that when i get my wheel.

Archived