C (1st generation) vs E+ Gen2

Shinji78

So after 2 years and a half of enjoyable commuting experience, my Ninebot One C is starting to die. The handle has broken, the shell is deformed after countless crashes allowing rain to get inside though the gaps, etc.

It is still working but I think it's time to give it a golden retirement before I have a serious accident.

Anyway. My goal is now to get an E+ (Gen2) to keep using the same batteries, parking stand and chargers, but I would like to compare the technical specs between them both.

When I google for it, all I find are commercial tech specs that could refer to ANY Ninebot model.

I would like to ask you if I can expect difference from C (not C+. Just C), and E+ (Gen2) in terms of speed, range, charging time and weight. Not looking to get hyped, just want to know what do I will pay for.

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Shinji78 said:

So after 2 years and a half of enjoyable commuting experience, my Ninebot One C is starting to die. The handle has broken, the shell is deformed after countless crashes allowing rain to get inside though the gaps, etc.

It is still working but I think it's time to give it a golden retirement before I have a serious accident.

Anyway. My goal is now to get an E+ (Gen2) to keep using the same batteries, parking stand and chargers, but I would like to compare the technical specs between them both.

When I google for it, all I find are commercial tech specs that could refer to ANY Ninebot model.

I would like to ask you if I can expect difference from C (not C+. Just C), and E+ (Gen2) in terms of speed, range, charging time and weight. Not looking to get hyped, just want to know what do I will pay for.

Thank you!

Just going to write the differences I can recall on the spot without the structure if that's okay:

1. As far as I recall, C has 260wh battery, E+ Gen2 - 340Wh. Obviously, the range varies from rider to rider. The charging time is practically 1.5x longer as a result
  2. Weight - C approximately 13kg, E+ Gen2 approx 14kg
  3. Max possible speed should be almost same, maybe slightly higher for E+ due to better battery capacity. What is significantly different is sustained speed at low charge and battery decay. You might've felt that the speed of C falls gradually once the charge is below 50%. It's way less noticeable riding an E+ version.
  4. Cosmetic - Gen2 has stitched soft pads with better material quality than previous generations. 

Archived