Ninebot One E Ride setting

Coolesnce

Hi Everyone,  Been riding my Ninebot One E+ for about a month.  I been riding on ride setting 2 and today moved it to 0. Just trying to get a consensus what the majority of NineBot One riders have their wheel set to.

I like a firm response from the wheel, but changed the setting back from 0 to 1 after experiencing some rattling when standing still. Apparently 0 is so sensitive to holding the pedals exactly horizontal, that even a small angle triggers the motor to step in that direction. That levels it an it falls back to the previous position. Nothing dramatic, but I didn't want to spend my battery on foot massages while stopping. 

It is more like a little growling or purring sound.  The engine is purring.  It seems to only occur with a fully topped off battery.  After you ride it a short distance the behavior stops. [At least this is what happens with *my* E+.]  It seems fairly normal (as in a non-defect) but some people don't like it. 

Guys I started out to try setting 1 tonight, but I'm still skittish from my recent fall.  Sometimes the machine doesn't want to take the change in setting right away, and I don't understand that.  So I'm sticking with setting 0 for now.  I'll go with what I know. 

I saw a SpeedyFeet video about the latest update.  He said that you have to 1) change the ride setting, and then 2) turn the machine off and back on.  I did this a few times but when I bring up the app it would still say it was on setting 0.  So mine didn't seem to work that way.  If I set the setting to 1, and then instead of cutting of the machine I instead killed the app and restarted the app, then it would seem to stay on 1.  So....  since I don't understand what makes it definitely 0 or 1, it is spooky to me.  I need the machine to do what I'm accustomed to it doing.  I don't need any unexpected behavior in my riding at this time.  Anyone that can explain to me how this actually works would be doing me a service.  But for now I'm stuck on 0, and not unhappy about that.  0 works fine for me. 

@Coolesnce not as a sound, rather a slight vibration you feel on the foot, but only while standing still like @Tilmann described . As if the deadzone is too small and the engine tries to compensate repeatedly.

on the other hand, some had ideas of a foot massage for their sore feet... ta-daaaa :lol:

Just tried different settings today. I also had some difficulties to actually change the numbers with the App. sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not and I could not find any way to repeat the sucessful changes, nor the unsuccessful ones. Anyway, everything north of 5 is not working for me. And 9 is kind of "Whoaaaaaaaa wobbling allover the place...."

Have set it now to 1 and think I might not touch this one soon.

Archived