Tilt-back, power demand myth, and THE life saving reflex

Mono

15 hours ago, Chriull said:

The controller normaly works on the "error" (difference of actual value to desired value) - so a square function would not work out. The sign has to "survive". (Or the "error" always has to stay positive..)

Sure. What I am saying is always modulo sign errors. I thought that goes without saying :D Of course it's the error squared times the error sign (or the negative of it, all modulo sign errors). 

15 hours ago, Chriull said:

An optimal transfer function can be calculated for a given system - as far as i have read again some articles revealing a bit if my fading memory of past education somehow with laplace transformation and step response...

I guess that's true for linear systems. Taking the square gets into the nonlinear roam, AFAICS, where I doubt we can solve the inverse problem in general. In the single pendulum/cart case though we fully know the underlying physics and I would be surprised if the optimal control of the simple problem isn't rather obvious and known. But yeah, it's been I while since I have studied control theory...

Archived