Do we have the balls to ride into the future?

kasenutty

There was something very similar to this posted quite a long time ago, but without the stick I believe.  I think we came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be able to climb hills as the platform edge would contact ground since it was kept self-balancing to be level.  I don't remember the name of it, but maybe someone knows where the thread is?

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There was something very similar to this posted quite a long time ago, but without the stick I believe.  I think we came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be able to climb hills as the platform edge would contact ground since it was kept self-balancing to be level.  I don't remember the name of it, but maybe someone knows where the thread is?

Took me some time to find it (I almost gave up), but here it is:

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You would look awesome on that ball buster thing-a-ma-jiggi! 

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

How do you control both direction AND rotation just by shifting your weight? Is that even possible with a "3D unicycle" like that?

Good question! Since I'm tied up rebuilding my ACM please take the liberty and purchase one of these interesting 360 scooters so we can all learn about it's unique characteristics! :)

I think that as long as there isn't too much sag present between ball and support platform, riders should be able to control their balls without too much effort.  With the proper protective gear on, I think gripping tightly onto the shaft should also help guide riders to that happy place where they want to go.  I think with cold weather riding the ball may tend to shrink up into the assembly causing a bit of a jam.  Theoretically a two ball system would be much preferable in terms of stability and user enjoyment.  Riders do need to take caution rolling over rough terrain to avoid busting their balls.  :whistling:

BTW that thing on top is his ball sack of course.  :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

BTW that thing on top is his ball sack of course.  :rolleyes:

Ball sack...ugh...just lost my appetite for apple pie!  :crying: 

Hey @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, I imagine there would also be a possibility of a condition to the unit of "ball inversion" should the torque become inverted thereby busting a nut and falling on your shaft.   So everyone should take care not to twist the balls too aggressively.

On the other hand (heh heh..that just came out..) that ball-thingie looks like it has potential.

I would also think that if someone else would ride your ball (or a future version of "ball v2") they should be carefull not to drag ass lest they get shafted.

Of course, according to the laws of aerodynamics, the faster you go the more lift is created, sooo....

(Gosh, I have lots of time on my hands today)

@Rehab1, that thing on top seems to looks like a souflé, or a light-emitting jellyfish

On 4/18/2017 at 1:54 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The OK GO video where they were riding the Honda wheels that you sit on and they go where you lean?

Archived