ACM 84v - 3 beeps vs 5 beeps?

I'm trying to understand the warning beeps on my new 84v acm. I tried disabling the first alarm - when i tested it, when i reached 30+ km/h, i heard 3 beeps.   

(i occasionally heard single beeps also, which i shouldn't be hearing since i disabled the first alarm in the app, right? maybe this is a bug?)

But anyway, is the second alarm 2 beeps or 3 beeps? and what's the final alarm?

I thought final was 3 beeps based on several youtube videos and posted messages, but then i thought i read somewhere recently that the final alarm is 5 beeps, so i'm just trying to verify what's going on. 

I shouldn't be anywhere near my final alarm at 30-35km/h, right? This is with 90% battery, cool afternoon, flat pavement, 170lb rider. 

is it 1-3-5 beeps, or 1-2-3??

Hi,

The second alarm is 3 beeps, the final alarm is continuous beeps, it may sound like 3 beeps on some videos but that may be due to the rider immediatly reducing his speed (which is the thing to do). If you hear a single alarm, it is certainly because you are very near the speed of the first alarm but you only reach it for an instant.

With you weight, I guess the final alarm will kick in around 45kph, maybe more, depending on your level of battery, temperature, if you're climbing or not, and if there is alot of wind. The lower your battery gets, the lower the speed of the final alarm, it can also occur during a very hard acceleration :)

Hope it was useful for you (I have the same model)

2 beeps at 30 km/h, 3 at 35 km/h (confirmed these by lifting the wheel, and the GW website say the same), continuous beeping at 80% [ACM 84V 1300].

30 km/h is safe (still some reserves) if you aren't too heavy or on a hill or any other big, power-sucking obstacle occurs.

35 km/h is upper limit of what I would drive (80 kg) in flat terrain, you can go significantly faster when you're lighter - @Pingouin is that lucky:)

Some people also go a little faster at 80kg but I wouldn't do it, too close to the power max.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok good, so i'm still not even close to my final alarm! I think i'll disable 1 and 2 although i rarely go above 30km/h.

It's so fun going fast but even with my gear, i just imagine hitting the pavement at that speed.. ugh.

Thanks to both of you for the responses!

• 1 year later...

Since stumbling on this beep thread via Google search I have got to ask...

2 beeps at random, what could that possibly be?

For example just 2-3 sec after turning the wheel on coming out from the grocery today, when riding and going over a small indentation at some speed, not anything like full fulls speed I don't know perhaps 20km/h'ish?  Also had some just riding on flat surface while also at some speed but again not pushing the wheel into the ordinary warnings that was always there before, never noticed this before but again just started riding for real again since healing after long Scaphoid fracture induced out.

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Since stumbling on this beep thread via Google search I have got to ask...

2 beeps at random, what could that possibly be?

For example just 2-3 sec after turning the wheel on coming out from the grocery today, when riding and going over a small indentation at some speed, not anything like full fulls speed I don't know perhaps 20km/h'ish?  Also had some just riding on flat surface while also at some speed but again not pushing the wheel into the ordinary warnings that was always there before, never noticed this before but again just started riding for real again since healing after long Scaphoid fracture induced out.

Two beeps occur when the wheel connects to the app on your phone

Archived