New мсм4 in the development

30 minutes ago, Dmitry71 said:

why nobody pays attention on new msm4. judging by a photo, it will have a sliding handle, new pedals and light sideways

I think it is ...ugly as hell....from what i see until now....

What are those pedals? no rubber, no sandpaper? two beepers?

If there is a "sliding"handel on the other side....no space for more batteries?

looks like 2-3year old model (until now)....especially when i compare it to the inside looking of a 14D.

29 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

... and TWO f**king beepers???

I know that I've had this conversation while riding with other people; the faster you go the harder it is to hear the warning beeps. I've thought it would be great if they made the beeps louder as you went faster. Maybe that's why they have two. At higher speeds they both are used. Wild speculation on my part.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I know that I've had this conversation while riding with other people; the faster you go the harder it is to hear the warning beeps. I've thought it would be great if made the beeps louder as you went faster. Maybe that's why they have two. At higher speeds they both are used. Wild speculation on my part.

but, but, but ... it's 2017 ... and silly beepers using sort of morse code to differentiate alarms is 1917 tech ... you're flat on your face still counting beeps/sec ... the answer: more silly beepers??? :furious::furious:

1 hour ago, Dmitry71 said:

why nobody pays attention on new msm4

maybe because msm4 is a terrible name for a 2017 EUC :(

or maybe because we don't know what to pay attention to, do you have any links? 

13 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

but, but, but ... it's 2017 ... and silly beepers using sort of morse code to differentiate alarms is 1917 tech ... you're flat on your face still counting beeps/sec ... the answer: more silly beepers??? :furious::furious:

I totally agree with you. Why can't they use speakers (like KingSong)? And even KingSong which does have speakers, still uses a beeper.

I think that feature is coming in 2018 ;)

36 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I think it is ...ugly as hell....from what i see until now....

What are those pedals? no rubber, no sandpaper? two beepers?

If there is a "sliding"handel on the other side....no space for more batteries?

looks like 2-3year old model (until now)....especially when i compare it to the inside looking of a 14D.

in the first - is a prototype, pedals won't remain such bare. this photo gives an idea of form and content new 14"  gotway. 
in the second -- extensible handle isn't a hindrance to the battery, the controller it is visible that it is set on top

unfortunately, I have no other information ((
it is the photo from the Russian guy who was a few days ago in gotway

1 minute ago, Dmitry71 said:

in the first - is a prototype, pedals won't remain such bare. this photo gives an idea of form and content new 14"  gotway. 
in the second -- extensible handle isn't a hindrance to the battery, the controller it is visible that it is set on top

You are probalbly right...and some things will be done better in the end version!

its just that you asked, why there is no interest? and i guess its because of the "old" style looking form factor...and perhaps because we dont know anymore than this mysterious one foto...

do you have some more infos? Volts...watt...watthours?

30 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

I wanted to add, that proper speakers would be preferred over these beepers (what's the technical name), I still like the 1917 style beeping. If I'm going too fast I'd rather hear a periodic "3 fast beeps" than "Slow Down", "Slow Down",  "Slow Down". And everything would probably be in Chinese ;)

That pack is labelled 132Wh: if there's another one on the other side, that brings the total up to a paltry 264Wh (32 cells)! 
Come on GW this isn't 2014: 48-64 should be the absolute minimum we'd expect from you. Large packs are one of the main reasons why you have such large fan-base, including this belated member to the club :rolleyes:  

Whatever manufacturer makes a decent 800W, 30kph, >500Wh, sub-12kg class Wheel is going to do very well over the summer sales season. V5F/+ deserves a power/speed uprate; 14D is good, but battery not large enough, attention to detail could be better (like self standing properties) & KS need to do better on the truly terrible App; MCM4 meets performance requirements, but not exactly a beauty & lack of retractable handle is a non-starter for many buyers.  

20 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Whatever manufacturer makes a decent 800W, 30kph, >500Wh, sub-12kg class Wheel is going to do very well over the summer sales season.

I fully agree, yet it seems pretty obvious to me that there won't be any. It would mean to shave off 2kg from a V8 meanwhile also adding a larger battery without gaining weight. And I definitely wouldn't want the head lights or the trolley handle go away to get sub-12kg.

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And everything would probably be in Chinese ;)

Now, that would be an incentive to learn Mandarin :smartass:

No, on a more serious note: mere spoken warnings would not be any better - especially with a synthetic voice that always speaks with the same accentuation. After all, there's a reason why we shout or even scream when stuff gets really dangerous. There is a lot more information in a human voice than just words. And a million different tones between a calm announcement and a panicked warning of imminent disaster. In the analog world we are warned by screaming tires and such. With superior digital technology, we got, eehh, BEEPS? Answering machine voice?? Oh, come on.

Sorry @Dmitry71, I don't mean to hijack your thread about the new mcm4. I love GotWay wheels and with every new model I appreciate the customary performance improvement and lament about yet another missed opportunity to improve the human interface to the rider. As a performance leader, GotWay needs it the most.

22 hours ago, Dmitry71 said:

why nobody pays attention on new mсm4. judging by a photo, it will have a sliding handle, new pedals and light sideways

171xfso.jpeg

My first thought: Inmotion pedals, Kingsong style (way to long motor cables, 6 MOSFETs, no real heatsink) and a Gotway Battery attached. MOSFET heat would go to the battery. Sad. Or maybe a new CXM?

Edit/ As my irony is not always feasible I edit this post. In my personal opinion this device looks in it's  current state not ready/ finished. It has technical design elements I wonder:

- the motor cable is very long which is not good, should be as short as possible. The motor cable is to close to the battery. The cables spec us up to 200 degree Celsius 

- the PCB (what can be seen from this picture) has not a really big heatsink. It may have problems like the KS14 with overheating. It's not a low powered motor as the mcm2s (my speculation). Heat from the PCB could also warm up the battery

- the photo looks like 6 MOSFETs, maybe bigger housing like Rockwheel looks like.

Because of my weight and longer tours a 14 inch EUC will never fit for me. So I don't care about.

This does not look right.  This picture shows an MCM4 that is HUGE-TALL compared to the current MCM4.  It looks like they added a  good 4 inches on the top.  BAD Idea @Jane Mo.  You should not make every model have all the same features.  It just keep making the thing more expensive.

A new MCM4:

- should not be any taller. Keep this model compact and portable and light weight 13KG or lower. it looks like this design is even bigger than the ACM.

- go to higher voltage so it is safer to ride at 22MPH. New battery technology could allow for same 680mah and same number of batteries. 22MPH is fast enough for a portable easy to carry wheel.

- make a professional fully functional app for the IOS also not just android.

- Maybe change to the 14x2.5 inch tire to offer a fast comfortable ride or 14x2.125 with some shock/springs on the pedals. It is very rough to ride when you go on the sidewalks that are not perfect. I have to slow down and use my legs to absorb the cracks and if I don't the impact feels very hard on the wheel which I think is not good.

- The Pedal assembly needs to be stronger.

- The motor shaft is too weak. It is designed for bicycles that put the weight on two wheels. You need a thicker shaft.

- The stator is made out of Steel. this is very heavy. if you could design with light metal it would reduce 2 lbs possibly.

- Fancy lights is cool but not practical. Put nice head lamp, nice brake light. Fancy light could be a DYI option with some kind of auxiliary power port like the USB.

- A walking handle is nice but if the wheel is light weight it might not be necessary.

- Keep it pretty. nice round curbs and light color. White is the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

So the MCM4 PRO is out, the pic is from wheelworld, the sweden dealer.

- 12 mosfet motherboard

- still the same motor as the MCM4 V2 HS

- 84V 520Wh battery

- weight is not very different from the MCM4 V2 520Wh

- 39 kph max speed (should be 35kph real speed)

- ACM pedals

The shell is exactly the same as the original MCM4, so no trolley :/

000-Gotway-MCM4-PRO-520Wh-pedals.jpg

3 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

So the MCM4 PRO is out, the pic is from wheelworld, the sweden dealer.

- 12 mosfet motherboard

- still the same motor as the MCM4 V2 HS

- 84V 520Wh battery

- weight is not very different from the MCM4 V2 520Wh

- 39 kph max speed (should be 35kph real speed)

- ACM pedals

The shell is exactly the same as the original MCM4, so no trolley :/

000-Gotway-MCM4-PRO-520Wh-pedals.jpg

I guess I am ogng to have to figure out how I can get mine upgraded.  Hopefully I can buy the control board and new battery pack or possibly just daisy chain my 67v pack with two 4s2p on each side to minimize the cost. It then looks like I would have even more WH that the PRO. My current pack has 640WH already.

Archived