Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself

I have tried searching the forum and could find a place to properly introduce myself so I figured maybe we could all do so right here. Just a little bit of basic info to add a bit of context to the conversations. Any new people who join may want to introduce themselves here as well. 

My name is Dwight. Father of 3, husband to Natalie. Soon to turn 40 and waiting for my white Mini Pro to arrive.  I live in Newfoundland, Canada, in a small town of 600 people and I think my Mini Pro is going to get literally everyone's attention and I won't lie, I'm a little nervous about that.  Other details: I'm a Pastor / I love to workout / collect Pez / casual gamer / Apple nerd / Quail farmer

IMG_0197.JPG

5 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Good to "meet" you - I've never come across a quail farmer before!

I'd say more about myself but I don't want to leave any trail on the internet that my ex wives could follow... :)

Fair enough - lol 

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Thomas and I bought my Mini-pro in early February after failing miserably at trying to ride my Ninebot One e+ (anyone looking for a practically new Electric Unicycle?). I'm 61 years of age, have a beautiful wife and an extended family of three adult sons and three adult daughters. I've been on some great rides around the Washington DC area and, yes, Pezman, you do get a lot of looks and even a few questions, but it's no worse than standing on the pulpit Sunday mornings, (Hopefully that comment was politically correct - no offense intended). So there's a little about me - hoping it's not TMI.

I'm Brian. I'm 39 and have two kids, 17 and 16. I made a huge mistake and bought a minipro. Then I had to have an EUC. Now, all I do is ride it and use the Minipro to try and talk people into going for a ride with me. I spend a lot of time trying to talk my children into trying the EUC but they won't, because they're pussies :D

On 4/15/2017 at 1:14 AM, Pezman said:

Quail farmer

Never heard of that before, do you raise Quail in coops like they do with chickens?  I am probably wrong, but I thought Quail were a small bird commonly hunted for food.:confused1:

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

do you raise Quail in coops like they do with chickens?

You are not wrong. Quail are a small wild game bird but they are not native to my location and the thrive in a coop or even a cage. They are amazing little birds who are fun to raise, lay tons of delicious although tiny eggs and are themselves wonderful meat birds that are viewed as some what of a delicacy. 

22 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I made a huge mistake and bought a minipro. Then I had to have an EUC.

That seems to happen to a lot of us here. :)

I confess, I never had the intention to ride an EUC, I wanted just a cheap Segway-like thing, so I bought the MiniPro.

But because after some time I was not happy with the Mini, I tried an EUC, and of course I couldn't ride it. I just continued trying it to prove myself that I can master it, and wanted to give it back immediately after I could ride it for one kilometer without falling off.

The problem: after 2 weeks I was an addict, and at the end I sold - the Mini Pro. :)

Last week I crossed the 2000km border on my EUC, and just 12 months ago I didn't even know that such a thing exists.

On ‎18‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 9:59 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

Last week I crossed the 2000km border on my EUC, and just 12 months ago I didn't even know that such a thing exists.

+100500

Same here ;)))

On ‎15‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 8:14 AM, Pezman said:

... Quail farmer...

Wow! That's rare!

I just love those quail eggs! Amazingly delicious. And I am enjoying them here in Las Palmas now. Much easier to buy them here than in Norway...

I am not that keen to leave traces on the interwebs about myself. But my name is Viktor and I am a IT consultant (like a potato, MCP, DB's etc.).

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

I just love those quail eggs! Amazingly delicious. And I am enjoying them here in Las Palmas now. Much easier to buy them here than in Norway...

The eggs are great that's for sure. I never have to worry about quail eggs except for some reason quail eggs are the only food I'm allergic to.  Maybe just sensitive too. 

Meanwhile quails are amazing little meat birds as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I guess I'm the second Thomas here :). I'm 40+ resident of Jakarta, Indonesia. I bought a mini as a b'day present for my son who turned 6th exactly a month ago. We both really like the mini but unfortunately we have very few places suitable for a long ride and it's practically suicidal for anyone to ride it on public roads here. I already ordered off road tires and can't wait to put them on so we could have more options regarding places to ride the mini. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/18/2017 at 2:59 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

That seems to happen to a lot of us here. :)

I confess, I never had the intention to ride an EUC, I wanted just a cheap Segway-like thing, so I bought the MiniPro.

But because after some time I was not happy with the Mini, I tried an EUC, and of course I couldn't ride it. I just continued trying it to prove myself that I can master it, and wanted to give it back immediately after I could ride it for one kilometer without falling off.

The problem: after 2 weeks I was an addict, and at the end I sold - the Mini Pro. :)

This may also be my journey.  Bought three MiniPros and eyeing the upcoming Segway S1Z10 EUC.

Until then, I am fascinated on the usefulness of the MiniPro in the city.  With lots of sidewalks, fairly smooth, and proximity to the lake front (almost 20 miles) and overlooking a newly formed riverwalk on the Chicago river.  I am well located.

Additionally, there's an urban transportation breakthrough that is happening.  I'm observing it.  Brought on by newer technology and an influx of a population eager to travel more easily.

Yes, crossroads.  Figuratively and metaphorically speaking.

My inclination is on the Mini line for broader use and acceptance by those living in crowded urban areas.

Maybe.

Archived