Our official euc Discord channel

John Eucist

When I try to join the Discord Channel it tells me that my account is "unclaimed". When I try to claim it, it tells me that my email address is already registered. 

I'm new to Discord. What is the secret handshake? 

Thanks. 

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/11/2017 at 1:44 AM, John Eucist said:

https://discord.gg/GJTHZ3r

What is Discord?
For our purposes it's basically "IRC for the 21st century" (as @esaj put it) for euc discussion

errr IRC was free and managed by volunteering individuals. And it still exists and being actively used. There is also an IM alternative - XNPP protocol (jabbber) which is semi-decentralized and global. THere is opensource messaging platform "signal" with privacy and  strong  crypto. We did not value all of that and for tiny bit more comfort got sold to corporate platforms which record what we say and serve us ads. I'm myself that way although I still talk to my old friend via trusty IRC.

• 6 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, BretW said:

When I try to join the Discord Channel it tells me that my account is "unclaimed". When I try to claim it, it tells me that my email address is already registered. 

I'm new to Discord. What is the secret handshake? 

Thanks. 

You will receive a printed message including encryption keys, passwords and instructions.

Once used, destroy all copies. Do not share this information with others.

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, disordinary said:

Hi,

I think I've been banned from the EUC discord channel, I don't believe I've violated any of the rules. Can someone check and let me know.

What was your user name/identifier there? I don't think any of us mods is active on Discord, but I can ask in the channel what went on.

@disordinaryAll good, you are unbanned now. Quote:

Ah yeah that was me who banned them, 2 people by the same name (disordinary) joined at the same time, and I asked them to clarify if they're not a bot and they didn't respond so I banned them But I'll make sure the ban is undone so they can join again. I only saw afterwards that they actually chatted in one of the channels, but it only made it weirder why they didn't respond to the bot question. Regardless, they'll be unbanned

Spammers can be quite insidious nowadays, so mods have to be careful. I assume there's way more spam on Discord than here, too. So don't blame them, it's a balance act:)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@disordinaryAll good, you are unbanned now. Quote:

Spammers can be quite insidious nowadays, so mods have to be careful. I assume there's way more spam on Discord than here, too. So don't blame them, it's a balance act:)

Yeah I joined and then for whatever reason the EUC channel disappeared from my discord so I joined again, then I had a quick conversation and left. I must have missed the moderator asking me if I was a bot.

I'm in now, thanks for sorting this out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...