Our official euc Discord channel

John Eucist

:thumbup:  Did I hear my username being mentioned?  Oooh gotta try this out... :dribble: hope it's like those naughty chat rooms with the sexy ladies...

But technically though I'm a finger pointer of thread derailers.  There's a subtle difference there.  :innocent1:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, esaj said:

I hope people won't start spamming or trolling using fake usernames and whatnot, so we won't have even more moderating to do :P), 

Aw man :cry2: why bother having a chit chat room if we can't do the fun stuff?  :whistling:

BTW, just FYI in case someone was hoping it would be different - it's all dudes in there. :sleep1:  No hot females wanting to share private photos.  It's like someone popped my balloon of hopes and dreams all of a sudden...  :crying:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

BTW, just FYI in case someone was hoping it would be different - it's all dudes in there. :sleep1:  No hot females wanting to share private photos.  It's like someone popped my balloon of hopes and dreams all of a sudden...  :crying:

Are you in the right site Hunka? Discord not Disco!:P  No dudes....just hot babes!! :w00t2:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, esaj said:

...maybe we can tone down at least a bit all the chit-chat on the forum topics...

Oh Lawd!  Now we're not supposed to chit-chat on a forum?  Yikes, bro!  :P

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/12/2017 at 4:28 AM, esaj said:

Btw, you don't have to register an account unless you want to, just pick a username and join in (although, I hope people won't start spamming or trolling using fake usernames and whatnot, so we won't have even more moderating to do :P) EDIT: John changed the settings so that now you have to register, and it's at least relatively easy to use (if you're familiar with IRC, it's pretty similar with nice clean interface and without having to type commands ;)). Try it out and see if you like it.

The main reason for changing it was to prevent people from logging in with one platform (say PC) without an account, and then logging in via another platform (say Mobile) and end up having two different accounts with the same name before "claiming" either accounts. This happened to @Tilmann hence why I changed it.

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed this. This would be great as a means of 'Comms' during a group ride so people can chat with one another through the full face helmets while traveling at high speeds and not needing to shout. I could have probably made that sentence easier to comprehend, but I feel you guys would understand it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 4:24 PM, Esper said:

I just noticed this. This would be great as a means of 'Comms' during a group ride so people can chat with one another through the full face helmets while traveling at high speeds and not needing to shout. I could have probably made that sentence easier to comprehend, but I feel you guys would understand it.

You must have been typing that while rolling fast. Would have been better easier to understand if you discorded it for me. =)

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gliderrider said:

I wish Japan made EUC’s. Kinda tired of being a beta tester for China.

no shit! i’ve learned a great deal more about how chinese companies philosophies are this past year screwing with euc’s. it’s one thing buying our everyday throwaway shit that is chinese made, but china assembles/makes a lot of big ticket items, like kadey krogen trawler yachts in taiwan and cirrus airplanes. i was actually contemplating those purchases to waste my money on if and when i sell some land but now, i’d never trust anything made in china that my health is in their hands. that’s why i don’t go faster than 15mph or less on these sketchy wheels. they could be safe, i think, if there was quality control. 

i’m sure within the next few years we are gonna be seeing passenger drones and those beta testers are gonna be the brave ones. u have a country in china with over 4 times the population of the usa. human life and suffering isn’t as expensive in china. attorneys are probably executed in china. when they try to bring products here that could endanger human life, they will get a taste of our zillion ambulance chasing attorneys and jurys that award ridiculous amounts of damages for a little broken pinky.

in china the settlement probably goes like this, i’m sorry ur husband got killed by this defective whatever, we are gonna award u with a lifetime of his lost wages. here’s $10k, now go away. and the widow is probably happy.

euc’s are relativity new, but i wonder if any euc companies have been sued yet by american consumers. i’m sure segway ninebot have had a bunch to deal with because of all their other products.

some of this is tongue in cheek for those that don’t get it but that’s my take.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, Gliderrider said:

For that to work, EUCs would need to be not banned in Japan first :)

(no riding on public roads, only indoors/on private property)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 4:37 AM, Gliderrider said:

Sooooooo.....you think that beta testing the same product for Japan would be better? Why? Do they pay more than China :confused1::confused1::confused1:

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Sooooooo.....you think that beta testing the same product for Japan would be better? Why? Do they pay more than China :confused1::confused1::confused1:

I don't think that is what he was getting at, but since you mention it... if they were paying Beta-testers no doubt Japan would pay more.  I doubt you could get anything out of China in terms of cash. :)

On 11/6/2018 at 4:30 PM, FreeRide said:

if they were paying Beta-testers no doubt Japan would pay more. 

Clearly, not typical industry practice to pay beta testers anywhere that I am aware. My snarky rhetorical question aside, I'm not quite sure how you could be certain that Japan would be willing to pay more than China. 

That view doesn't sound like the product of sound economic analysis; it sounds like a perception bias that has shaped a rather unfortunate belief. The trouble with a belief is that it is compelled to seek confirmation rather than truth.

Truth is very often discarded, ignored, or marginalized if it does not confirm a belief. Dubious assumptions are very often given the weight of fact to support a belief built on bias. 

Edited by Lutalo