Inmotion v5f app issue?

Paddylaz

Calling all v5 owners......anyone having a problem in the last few months with the app?

I cannot connect my wheel with the latest versions so I have to delete the app, and reinstall the older one on the google play store.

No big deal but it means every time I launch the app, I have to ignore the update-request otherwise it'll stop working again.

I'm not having any problem with the current version of the app on iPhone.  I can't speak for the Android version though.

Off-topic, I'm finding that Darknessbot is a much more useful app for my purposes, so using the Inmotion app less and less as time goes on.  It's really annoying that the Inmotion app deletes all trip data the moment you turn off the wheel.  Darknessbot retains it until you clear it manually, which by itself is a big deal to me since I always forget to check my stats until later.

Cheers guys. I checked out the google play store reviews section and it appears I'm not alone so I guess it's exclusively an android problem (surprise surprise).

Some people have listed some potential work-arounds so will give them a go!

17 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Calling all v5 owners......anyone having a problem in the last few months with the app?

I cannot connect my wheel with the latest versions so I have to delete the app, and reinstall the older one on the google play store.

No big deal but it means every time I launch the app, I have to ignore the update-request otherwise it'll stop working again.

No problems here, I am using Galaxy S6. App could definitely be better and it does crash sometimes, but never refused to connect with the wheel. Have you tried deleting all the data and cache before uninstalling the app and then new clean install? 

3 hours ago, xebeche said:

No problems here, I am using Galaxy S6. App could definitely be better and it does crash sometimes, but never refused to connect with the wheel. Have you tried deleting all the data and cache before uninstalling the app and then new clean install? 

Heya. Yeah so finally cracked it. I tried deleting the app and doing a fresh install, but each time I then update to the latest version it stops working again.

So.....what I had to do is:

1) delete the app

2)download it again from the play store

3)download the update but NOT open it

4)delete the app (again)

5)install the update by itself as if it were a separate app.

Now it works and no crashes either, at least so far. Major hassle. I'm no IT expert but I assume the problem is that the 'software update' is actually the entire (newer) app, so when you install it over the existing one, perhaps the replacement process isn't 100% thorough, which leads to the conflicts, bugs and crashes.

Anyway....first world problems I guess!

Archived