Ninebot One 320 Wh Battery Cells

dbfrese

Anyone know what the discharge rate is on the 18650 cells used in the 320 Wh battery? I'm assuming that the discharge rate is the most important spec to meet or exceed if I'm going to rebuild a battery using new cells. After that, I'll look at cell capacity. Any other handy hints I should know before plunging in? My son builds custom light sabers, and wants to build his own battery packs for them and other projects as well. I told him I'd share the cost of building a battery spot welder if he'd rebuild my battery packs for my 9bot E+. 

Don't worry, the spot welder will only be used outside, with all the proper precautions taken to ensure a high degree of safety. 

Ultimately, I'd like to use the best cells possible for more safety and range for the EUC.

As the ninebot only has a 2paralell15seriell system i would go for AT LEAST the original cells LG HG2 , which are rated with 20Amp continuous, instead of our other EUC standard cells, that use 10Amp cont batteries! (but therefore have more parallel systems)

If you want to do something good...use Sony Vtc6!  (30amp, but expensive)....

All  cells mentioned here are 3000mah per cell!

VTC6 is "only" 20 amps... see what happens in an overspec test at 30 amps: 645-30A.png

But I tend to agree, use 20 amp cells. Another honorable mention would be the Samsung 30Q, rated at 15A, but successfully testet at 20A:

586-20A.png

Seems to hold up with the LG HG2 quite nice, and they are a bit cheaper!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4.4.2017 at 10:35 PM, KingSong69 said:

As the ninebot only has a 2paralell15seriell system i would go for AT LEAST the original cells LG HG2 , which are rated with 20Amp continuous, instead of our other EUC standard cells, that use 10Amp cont batteries! (but therefore have more parallel systems)

Interesting, they seem to have upgraded the battery. My almost 2 year old NB1 E+ came with the pink LG MG1, rated for 10A continuous, 2.8Ah capacity.

One could argue that even with those cells, something like 1.2kW average power would be OK, when the motor is only rated for 500W. Maybe they upgraded for safer downhill driving, because that's where the older cells are out of spec. I see readings of 12A reverse current when going down a steep hill. That's a 2C charge for the MG1 cells, which is not good.

8 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

Interesting, they seem to have upgraded the battery. My almost 2 year old NB1 E+ came with the pink LG MG1, rated for 10A continuous, 2.8Ah capacity.

When i rethink it... i got that wrong and the LG HG2 have only been used in the (discontinued) One P......

Archived