Deep experience with GT16

da_toni

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have roughly done 80 km on my GT16 now and I am very happy with it so far :thumbup: 

Pros:

• Super smooth and comfortable. Even on cobblestones!
  • Powerful. Awesome acceleration and braking power
  • Nimble and responsive. Perfect for navigating around pedestrians and pot holes in the city
  • Being able to effortless keep up with cyclists makes for safer commuting
  • Height of the pedals and exposed wheel is perfect for hopping on/off sidewalks
  • Super easy to change directions and ride backwards
  • Personally I love the design. Distinguishes it from generic 350W "wheelbarrows" and Airwheels :) 

Cons:

• Gap between tire and mud flap is a bit tight. Pebbles and small stones get wedged in between and makes a lot of noise - at least with the mud flap extended
  • Shell may be a bit soft. Riding on one leg will make the shell it rub on the tire (or is it the mud flap rubbing?)
  • All the ventilation holes and openings in the shell will gather some dirt and dust after a while

For me this is the perfect wheel as I ride a lot on asphalt, cycle roads and through the city. I am not sure how well it handles heavy rain and puddles so I will probably use my GW14 in such conditions. 

6 hours ago, Lorents said:

Have roughly done 80 km on my GT16 now and I am very happy with it so far :thumbup: 

Pros:

• Super smooth and comfortable. Even on cobblestones!
  • Powerful. Awesome acceleration and braking power
  • Nimble and responsive. Perfect for navigating around pedestrians and pot holes in the city
  • Being able to effortless keep up with cyclists makes for safer commuting
  • Height of the pedals and exposed wheel is perfect for hopping on/off sidewalks
  • Super easy to change directions and ride backwards
  • Personally I love the design. Distinguishes it from generic 350W "wheelbarrows" and Airwheels :) 

Cons:

• Gap between tire and mud flap is a bit tight. Pebbles and small stones get wedged in between and makes a lot of noise - at least with the mud flap extended
  • Shell may be a bit soft. Riding on one leg will make the shell it rub on the tire (or is it the mud flap rubbing?)
  • All the ventilation holes and openings in the shell will gather some dirt and dust after a while

For me this is the perfect wheel as I ride a lot on asphalt, cycle roads and through the city. I am not sure how well it handles heavy rain and puddles so I will probably use my GW14 in such conditions. 

I agree with you. ???

On 2017-05-16 at 10:28 AM, Lorents said:

You have to tell us how that worked out. I'm in the market for an extra charger too. Want to have one at work just in case.

15 hours ago, Scatcat said:

You have to tell us how that worked out. I'm in the market for an extra charger too. Want to have one at work just in case.

Will do :) I ended up ordering a Cycle Satiator charger too so I probably wont use this charger much...

15 hours ago, LEO_LEO said:

excuse the question, but how much is the real clean weight of the GT16?

My bathroom scale isn't the most accurate but it sais 17.5 Kg

Q: What's the real weight?

A: Heavy as f--k.... ;)

Actually it's so compact that the weight kind of surprises you. It looks lite it should weigh 14-15 kilos, but the battery packs and motor is massive. Still lighter than most Gotways though :D

I wonder if I can come up with a workable idea for an integrated kick-stand? That would be something! I have a trolley on one side, but maybe something could be done with the unused fastenings for a trolley on the other side... There is no natural way to lay it down without laying it on the side, so a stand would be awesome.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:26 PM, Scatcat said:

Got the charger in my mailbox today and it works great. Output cables measured 84.1 volts with no load. It has a built in fan but it is quite silent while changing. The seller asked me politely what plugs I wanted both on input and output and they delivered what we agreed. Thumbs up from  me :)

7 hours ago, Lorents said:

Got the charger in my mailbox today and it works great. Output cables measured 84.1 volts with no load. It has a built in fan but it is quite silent while changing. The seller asked me politely what plugs I wanted both on input and output and they delivered what we agreed. Thumbs up from  me :)

Sounds great, will have to look into making an order.

Ordered mine Red 63kph idle motor by mr. Yi ChenB):thumbup:

Just noticed that's in Hong Kong now ready to cross the world to me:clap3:

Really thanks so much;)

My only concern having habit on a 18"... is to rollback to a 16" wheel that has more agility but the legs contact points are lower against a 18" more confortable ...<_<

This concern apart... GT16 surely is a beast !! Saw a video of a test unit with 94.4V and a 74kpa idle motor. .:shock2:

Anyway,  next year will look forward for a GT18:cheers:

Thank you @da_tonifor your feed-back ! :)

The tire of the wheel seems to have been changed (and improved...?) if compared with earlier pictures.

IMG_1424.PNG

Do you know if the color of the wheel is in the mass of its plastic, or if it is just a painting.coating ? And in the last case, what is the color of the plastic itself?

1 hour ago, sbouju said:

Thank you @da_tonifor your feed-back ! :)

The tire of the wheel seems to have been changed (and improved...?) if compared with earlier pictures.

IMG_1424.PNG

Do you know if the color of the wheel is in the mass of its plastic, or if it is just a painting.coating ? And in the last case, what is the color of the plastic itself?

You are welcome. ?

The glossy red colour is nice painted outside. If you look at the picture left and right from the wheel there are brighter/not glossy  parts inside... (looks like it has white pvc grounding colour)

Add: At the bottom there we have already a few scratches and these scratches are white, so I think this will corfirm our assumption. The ground colour is white. ?

• 3 months later...
On 23/5/2017 at 7:26 PM, Scatcat said:

Did anyone test this charger on RW GT16? If I use this one together with the original one, do you know the time to charge the wheel from 20% to 100%?

4 hours ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Did anyone test this charger on RW GT16? If I use this one together with the original one, do you know the time to charge the wheel from 20% to 100%?

I use it as a second charger sometimes. No problem, charging time is twice quicker.

Though this charger is supposed to be 3A max, I never got more than 2,5A on an empty battery. I get 2,69A max with the original Rockwheel charger.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, all new here and kinda lost so not sure where to turn or what forum part even, also sorry in advance for bad English grammar (spell check should save me ab it on that side of things though.)

I recently bought a ACM v2 (12 mosfet 820Wh) and my very first wheel, no earlier experience at all closest thing would be some competitive motocross as a young lad. Had no help and just stood on it (for the feeling finding my balance) in the apartment for about 1h, then 1h riding in a corridor/basement where I can touch the walls and very helpful cause went out for a ride after that, not saying it went super smooth or anything but 30 min to 1h or so went pretty well imho. Now some 2 weeks later it feels very natural and I already want more, it is warning too early at 50% battery level and down from there (I may be around 90 kilo or so) but not sure what I should look at? I will wait a few months til spring is here and maybe new wheels available then, for now I have looked at powerful wheels with lots of cells including fast Gotway's, Kingsong's and this GT16 v2 but cannot test ride any wheels and must go by what other people say and how they describe them?

I would say I am a ordinary to somewhat fast learner in general but perhaps too much of a speed freak at times, but I really do want a higher cruising speed available more than anything and from there acceleration and top speed can come in handy and be fun when in a position and able to use it as safely as possible, more I would say I ride only in the sport mode in Gotway app cause the other modes feel soggy and I want it sharper. Don't mind having the modes there just in case but wish I had 1 harder mode still available at times for a more snappy feeling wheel.

How would this feel compared to my wheel, what's the most noticeable differences with a semi fat person on it, me and I my close to 90 kilos over just 177-178cm? :P  Not just feel and performance initially with a full charge of lithium pushing me forward but will these also start beeping all the time at 50% and down dare I lean a tad too hard? Is it perhaps just a question of design and lithium cells and only answer is more of them for a longer enjoyable period before next charge, I know very little about these still but so fun and addictive mine became so much more than just a transport method I can bring on the morning train and buses.

So sorry for the long hijacking, please any mod feel free to move and change in case I did wrong here?

On 9/24/2017 at 1:21 PM, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

You would have to know and specify to the seller the pin-out (positive and negative pin position) on the GX16-3 connector for it to work with the GT16 (the 3rd pin is typically not used).

I didn't know this early in my EUC days, and bought a generic faster charger off AliExpress that ultimately did not work for my wheel.

Personally, I'd rather just pay a bit more money and get any of these chargers that are meant to work for an 84V Rockwheel GT16:

4A GT16 Charger from Rockwheel AliExpress Store

3A GT16 Charger from Rockwheel AliExpress Store

GT16 Charger from Green and fashion AliExpress Store (5th to last option)

15 hours ago, Electroman said:

Hello all, all new here and kinda lost so not sure where to turn or what forum part even, also sorry in advance for bad English grammar (spell check should save me ab it on that side of things though.)

I recently bought a ACM v2 (12 mosfet 820Wh) and my very first wheel, no earlier experience at all closest thing would be some competitive motocross as a young lad. Had no help and just stood on it (for the feeling finding my balance) in the apartment for about 1h, then 1h riding in a corridor/basement where I can touch the walls and very helpful cause went out for a ride after that, not saying it went super smooth or anything but 30 min to 1h or so went pretty well imho. Now some 2 weeks later it feels very natural and I already want more, it is warning too early at 50% battery level and down from there (I may be around 90 kilo or so) but not sure what I should look at? I will wait a few months til spring is here and maybe new wheels available then, for now I have looked at powerful wheels with lots of cells including fast Gotway's, Kingsong's and this GT16 v2 but cannot test ride any wheels and must go by what other people say and how they describe them?

I would say I am a ordinary to somewhat fast learner in general but perhaps too much of a speed freak at times, but I really do want a higher cruising speed available more than anything and from there acceleration and top speed can come in handy and be fun when in a position and able to use it as safely as possible, more I would say I ride only in the sport mode in Gotway app cause the other modes feel soggy and I want it sharper. Don't mind having the modes there just in case but wish I had 1 harder mode still available at times for a more snappy feeling wheel.

How would this feel compared to my wheel, what's the most noticeable differences with a semi fat person on it, me and I my close to 90 kilos over just 177-178cm? :P  Not just feel and performance initially with a full charge of lithium pushing me forward but will these also start beeping all the time at 50% and down dare I lean a tad too hard? Is it perhaps just a question of design and lithium cells and only answer is more of them for a longer enjoyable period before next charge, I know very little about these still but so fun and addictive mine became so much more than just a transport method I can bring on the morning train and buses.

So sorry for the long hijacking, please any mod feel free to move and change in case I did wrong here?

I've not ridden the ACM, so my comparison is somewhat second hand. But keeping that in mind these are my impressions based on commentaries and other peoples tests.

The ACM is somewhat softer in its firmware modes. The GT16 in hard mode is VERY hard, and also it is pretty good at straightening up the pedals in turns and so on where many other EUCs suffer pedal dip. It almost feels like it is "catching you" when you for example go fast, then do a quick slow down for a sharp turn and then accelerate again, it feels very natural.

The nominal power of the GT16 is very, very good, and the highest on the market, while some other wheels are rated for higher max power. I effect this means the wheel is very, very responsive to power input, which makes the hard mode actually work well. Nominal power is 2000W and max 3000W (the same as ACM for the max power)

On a GT16 tilt-back is actually not something you want to turn off. It is pretty smooth and not a shock to experience, it just does its job.

The pedals are higher on the GT16, meaning pedal scraping is not a thing. In contrast the centre of gravity is lower, which means you don't feel its weight in the same way going slow.

When it comes to batteries and controller behaviour, the standard battery package is 858Wh, with a higher 1036Wh pack available. At 90kg of weight (the same as me) I wouldn't go more than 40 kph at 100% charge, slowing that down to about 35 kph at 80%, 30kph at 60% charge and 25 kph at 40%.

This may sound like it's actually worse than the ACM, but 0% charge seem to be set at 3V per cell, which means you actually NEVER want to go below 20% unless it's an emergency. If you get down to 20% the wheel will beep at you if you try to push it even slightly, and recommended speed is <20 kph preferably even slower.

As far as beeps go, you have three speed alarms that you can set yourself. I have set my lowest alarm to 36 kph, the middle to 38 kph and the last to 40 kph, and I've set speed tilt-back at 42 kph. This reflects my preferences, where I don't really want to go much faster than 35 kph, but often lose the sense of speed and need a reminder.

Apart from the alarms you set yourself, you have power-percentage alarm (not sure if it's triggered at 70 or 80%), this alarm will trigger if you push to hard compared to what the batteries can still dish out, so it becomes easier to trigger the lower the charge you have left. If you persist in pushing it beyond the percentage alarm, you will get a tilt-back. How fast it is triggered depends on how far beyond the limit you've pushed, I've had it triggered within a second of the beeps when I almost overleaned, at another time it took a few seconds before I got a very smooth tilt-back, overriding my stupidity.

You also get an alarm if you overcharge the batteries going down-hill. You HAVE to respect that alarm immediately, as in RIGHT NOW, or the next step is a face plant.

So how does this reflect in real life?

Example - A 10.5 km run yesterday: Over the run I went from 100% charge to about 75-77%. I had an average speed over the whole run of 27.6 kph and a top speed of 36.7 kph (all the numbers from wheellog). I have the 858Wh battery, which is about comparable to the ACM 820Wh equivalent. I had the first speed alarm trigger about ten-fifteen times, mostly on straights or when I pushed past bicyclists.

The run started with a one kilometer stretch where there's a lot of roadwork going on, which means partly wonderful and partly lousy. I had one power alarm on this stretch, when I stopped at a red light in a strong upwards slope and leaned forward to start again. It was just a single beep as I started, where I hit close to 3000W for a spit second. No tilt back, since it was just a peak and nothing more. I guess I averaged just above 20 kph on this stretch.

A few hundred meters later I went downhill and regained some power, but not that much as the stretch is short. I probably averaged rather low on this stretch too, since it's narrow and curvy.

The next stretch of a couple of kilometers where really shitty, with intermittent washboard type damages to the asphalt. I had one speed alarm on a good straight, but the rest of the way I had to lower the speed a bit not to rattle my teeth too bad :)

Then a looong four or five kilometer straight where I had the alarm trigger every other hundred meters, as I was going at around 35 kph the whole way. Zipped past a few bicyclists. This is the best stretch of them all, since it is a reasonably good surface and you can do some carving whenever you have a bit without bikes coming the other way. I could probably push the wheel to 40-42 kph on this stretch if I really wanted to - but not more than that as there are some cracks and pot-holes that you want to have some reserve power to clear.

The last couple of kilometers are half uphill, the other half downhill, and I happily pushed to about 30 kph uphill without any warnings, and about as fast downhill and home. No beeps whatsoever.

Getting off and checking my charge level and voltage, my LEDs said 80% (goes in 20% steps), but my voltage was down to 77,5 approximately which means around >75% when the rubber band effect settles. Apart from the alarm I set for myself, I had a single power beep and no other problems. The whole ride took about 22-23 minutes.

For you experience, what would this mean?

I'd say that if you went with the GT16, you should get the 1036Wh version. Not because the 858Wh version is bad in any way, but the extra ~180Wh gives you more headroom before you have to back off a bit. And it also gives you the comfort of not having to charge to 100% every time, you can stop charging at 90% and not have to worry about overcharge if you go downward for a bit just after starting off. Charging to 100% once a month to balance the cells is enough to keep them healthy. When it comes to the GT16 the "bigger" pack is actually exactly the same weight and dimensions, as the only difference is the capacity of each cell. Both have 80 cells in a 20s4p configuration.

With the bigger pack, you can probably go for 20-25 km or so at speed before it starts complaining too much, and if you're willing to keep it down to <30 kph you can probably go at least this far or more.

If you miss an even harder mode than ACM can provide, the "playing mode" in the GT16 will be right up your alley. As @Marty Backe said, the GT16 hardness is quite a lot harder than the GW modes. I personally always go with the hardest mode, even though it is a bit less relaxing, since it gives me an immediacy in response that feels safe and agile. I know I can go from accelerating to braking at the drop of a hat, a fact that have saved me from at least one crash.

Any reasons not to go with the GT16?

Well. If you live where it's wet, you may need to be a bit of a handyman to secure the GT16 from the damp. I've taken mine apart at least 10 times by now and have sprayed my board with conformal coating and put silicone wherever there seemed to be a weak point where damp could enter. It is NOT rated IP65 or any equivalent, so they do not guarantee it will keep water out.

Also the shell is beautiful, but I suspect the ACM-sheel is quite a bit sturdier. You may get grinding sounds if you go on one foot, as the shell is a bit too flexible. You will have to check on the silicone dampers under the pedals from time to time, to make sure they stay glued in place. There is no real pedal retention system, which means you may have to add some weave tape between the pedal base and the shell to give some extra friction to keep them up - mileage may vary.

The pedals could well be a bit larger. I have size 43EU, and have chosen shoes with a rather stiff sole to relieve the stress on the feet a bit. They're not super-small, but they could well be half an inch longer and half an inch wider without any negative consequences. I'd say they're a tad smaller than the pedals of the ACM.

So in conclusion it is a beautiful wheel, but one that is a "best fit" for someone that have no fear of fiddling with it.

16 hours ago, Electroman said:

Hi friend 

Welcome to here .For the change of Rockwheel you can click the link here :

You shouldn't care about its energy of battery or motor power.

And for it's more comfortable than before for the change of pedal,stand column

and protection pad is soft.What's improtant is that its motherboard had upgrade .

More message you can read about it as follow mention.

22 hours ago, Tomek said:

@Electroman, kinda depends what you want to use the wheel for... if it's long trips, GT16 might not be the most comfortable option. also, with poor waterproofing Gt16 might not be the best option for riding on Antarctica .')

Thanks good to know, hehe yeah it was a mood thingy signing up, that is how I feel every autumn passing by into winter here in Sweden.

I'll have a look to see if able to change it.

8 hours ago, Scatcat said:

...So in conclusion it is a beautiful wheel, but one that is a "best fit" for someone that have no fear of fiddling with it.

Sorry Scatcat took down the text, feels like I "steal" so much place otherwise and especially when multi quoting and so what long answers but did read through it all twice and very grateful, appreciate this and very helpful indeed.

Battery % alarm sounds like a very good solution to me so very interesting, also yes me too will respect the beeps understanding the outcome.

Regarding water and IP classifications.. I used a very high end silicone just the other day at work to secure Paroc walls (sandwich elements) in industry environment so they can use very high pressures on the walls inside cleaning and that one may be way too pricey for me to get as a private person but will stand for any cold Sweden can offer and most def any heat she can produce and it will stick to basically any surface including slightly dirty ones and stay there unless I deliberately want it off in which case I have simple methods for that as well. A silicone is not necessarily the same as any other silicone, I understand that may sound like mumbo jumbo and that any couple of USD tube will work just as well and so thought I having worked with a whole range of them from very cheap in private to pretty pricey ones but amazed by the results I am seeing. Although do you mean the hub/wheel to or just body work for batteries/motherboard/open ends of cable shoes/connectors etc?

Larger pedals would be great for me to, 45EU here and a bit of duck feet syndrome and very wide at the front so.. But again if any time over at work and spill material available maybe I can machine some new, rarely have any time over but just in case? Fiddling with a wheel I can do, I am not rich at all but it's just money in the end and I have no big responsibility in the form of own family I must put first of all so a bit of freedom after pay check I do have and living life is more important then worrying. God knows I have wasted lot $ through the years on crap and nothing important but as long a happy and pleased I'm all good, my grand mother told me as a young boy that live life son it is very short and yes I laughed that off cause 1, I was a child and therefor a lot to learn and my summer holidays there felt like an eternity, now having broken the 40 barrier I learn year by year how it actually do feels like time is speeding up and weeks just fly by so yeah.. I will heed my granny's advice and the GT16 v2 is one of the front contenders atm, will also have a look at the powerhouse Gotway's, Kingsong's etc considering what I felt so far and what you clearly stated about voltage dropping and power output I do want reserves for next wheel. Reserves in the form of power output and the more the better, having taken myself out of deep do do on a motorbike with lots of wobbly motorcycle at speed just by throttling alone I think power reserves can be a very good idea even if not even utilized very often at all if ever? But also battery reserves and I never expected to be in need of any 820Wh pack when I bought the ACM, a miss on my part I could have thought the extra step into the land of voltage and battery functionality but when you lay it out like that it is so simple, I am heavy and I like power the more cells backing that combo up the better for me.

7 hours ago, Barry Chen said:

Hi friend 

Welcome to here .For the change of Rockwheel you can click the link here :

You shouldn't care about its energy of battery or motor power.

And for it's more comfortable than before for the change of pedal,stand column

and protection pad is soft.What's improtant is that its motherboard had upgrade .

More message you can read about it as follow mention.

Thanks a lot Barry, appreciate it very much and will dive right into this now.

7 hours ago, Electroman said:

Thanks good to know, hehe yeah it was a mood thingy signing up, that is how I feel every autumn passing by into winter here in Sweden.

I'll have a look to see if able to change it.

Sorry Scatcat took down the text, feels like I "steal" so much place otherwise and especially when multi quoting and so what long answers but did read through it all twice and very grateful, appreciate this and very helpful indeed.

Battery % alarm sounds like a very good solution to me so very interesting, also yes me too will respect the beeps understanding the outcome.

Regarding water and IP classifications.. I used a very high end silicone just the other day at work to secure Paroc walls (sandwich elements) in industry environment so they can use very high pressures on the walls inside cleaning and that one may be way too pricey for me to get as a private person but will stand for any cold Sweden can offer and most def any heat she can produce and it will stick to basically any surface including slightly dirty ones and stay there unless I deliberately want it off in which case I have simple methods for that as well. A silicone is not necessarily the same as any other silicone, I understand that may sound like mumbo jumbo and that any couple of USD tube will work just as well and so thought I having worked with a whole range of them from very cheap in private to pretty pricey ones but amazed by the results I am seeing. Although do you mean the hub/wheel to or just body work for batteries/motherboard/open ends of cable shoes/connectors etc?

Larger pedals would be great for me to, 45EU here and a bit of duck feet syndrome and very wide at the front so.. But again if any time over at work and spill material available maybe I can machine some new, rarely have any time over but just in case? Fiddling with a wheel I can do, I am not rich at all but it's just money in the end and I have no big responsibility in the form of own family I must put first of all so a bit of freedom after pay check I do have and living life is more important then worrying. God knows I have wasted lot $ through the years on crap and nothing important but as long a happy and pleased I'm all good, my grand mother told me as a young boy that live life son it is very short and yes I laughed that off cause 1, I was a child and therefor a lot to learn and my summer holidays there felt like an eternity, now having broken the 40 barrier I learn year by year how it actually do feels like time is speeding up and weeks just fly by so yeah.. I will heed my granny's advice and the GT16 v2 is one of the front contenders atm, will also have a look at the powerhouse Gotway's, Kingsong's etc considering what I felt so far and what you clearly stated about voltage dropping and power output I do want reserves for next wheel. Reserves in the form of power output and the more the better, having taken myself out of deep do do on a motorbike with lots of wobbly motorcycle at speed just by throttling alone I think power reserves can be a very good idea even if not even utilized very often at all if ever? But also battery reserves and I never expected to be in need of any 820Wh pack when I bought the ACM, a miss on my part I could have thought the extra step into the land of voltage and battery functionality but when you lay it out like that it is so simple, I am heavy and I like power the more cells backing that combo up the better for me.

No reason to feel bad about snipping the quote, it was a wall of text. :)

I well understand that silicone and silicone are not the same stuff, but in this case I'm talking about securing joints in the shell and wire pass-thru holes. The coating for the board were a simple and very cheap spray actually made for the specific purpose of water-proofing electric circuit boards. Lastly I use silicone "tape" to wrap loose connectors - you know the stuff that will adhere to itself if you stretch it while wrapping. As silicone is pretty resilient to both cold and heat it seemed the ideal material for it.

As I said, the hard mode and reserve power have saved me from a crash once. I almost became an adornment on the grill of a beamer, that thought coming into a roundabout at 70-80 kph was a good idea. I almost expected him to lose control when he turned in, that was how fast he went. I myself went from 25 kph to 5 kph in the time it takes to say "oh shit!".

If you come by Gothenburg, we can roll around the town for a bit and you can try it.

13 hours ago, Scatcat said:

No reason to feel bad about snipping the quote, it was a wall of text. :)

I well understand that silicone and silicone are not the same stuff, but in this case I'm talking about securing joints in the shell and wire pass-thru holes. The coating for the board were a simple and very cheap spray actually made for the specific purpose of water-proofing electric circuit boards. Lastly I use silicone "tape" to wrap loose connectors - you know the stuff that will adhere to itself if you stretch it while wrapping. As silicone is pretty resilient to both cold and heat it seemed the ideal material for it.

As I said, the hard mode and reserve power have saved me from a crash once. I almost became an adornment on the grill of a beamer, that thought coming into a roundabout at 70-80 kph was a good idea. I almost expected him to lose control when he turned in, that was how fast he went. I myself went from 25 kph to 5 kph in the time it takes to say "oh shit!".

If you come by Gothenburg, we can roll around the town for a bit and you can try it.

Cool Scatcat, ok I follow you are talking about electronics mostly right?

Yeah good idea, I for some reason slipped up a bit and was thinking along the lines of securing the halves making up the body itself and all holes to have no water be able to sip into the more sensitive areas to begin with. Perhaps not a direct comparison since I know very little about EUC's but for some reason I was thinking in lines of PCB and components on it generating heat in the world of custom PC building and would be better off as open to a small air pocket inside that just cover it all, again securing potential ways in for water and high humidity.  So a potential crash or just dropping the EUC applying pressure to the body I though a very high end silicone will keep it tight and not get knocked loose due to elasticity and ability to bite into application surfaces in a way most simply will not, but ok so I need to rethink the application process then and just do the PCB and electronics in general? I first thought I had to do the body and perhaps the wheel hub but better check up exactly what way to go first before I actually do it cause would like to have it done now already on the ACM and been wet almost every day here for couple weeks now and I fear one of those winters or at least autumns?

Sounds like quite the adventure and not the fun kind, that ought a up your heart rate a bit.  Yes I dream about more power reserves and a bit harder modes here atm, also I really do do not like the soon as I hit 50% the beeping comes early and often and now I am reading about the 90% battery charging some do which would limit me even further should I go down such a route but then again I have not looked around for how many cycles these packs can do without dropping capacity? Must do some research into that to see if worth it for me, I understand the battery packs are expensive so need to fully understand this and make a choice.

I would highly appreciate that and do appreciate the offer very much indeed, should I get the chance I will jump on it for sure, thanks.

40 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Cool Scatcat, ok I follow you are talking about electronics mostly right?

Yeah good idea, I for some reason slipped up a bit and was thinking along the lines of securing the halves making up the body itself and all holes to have no water be able to sip into the more sensitive areas to begin with. Perhaps not a direct comparison since I know very little about EUC's but for some reason I was thinking in lines of PCB and components on it generating heat in the world of custom PC building and would be better off as open to a small air pocket inside that just cover it all, again securing potential ways in for water and high humidity.  So a potential crash or just dropping the EUC applying pressure to the body I though a very high end silicone will keep it tight and not get knocked loose due to elasticity and ability to bite into application surfaces in a way most simply will not, but ok so I need to rethink the application process then and just do the PCB and electronics in general? I first thought I had to do the body and perhaps the wheel hub but better check up exactly what way to go first before I actually do it cause would like to have it done now already on the ACM and been wet almost every day here for couple weeks now and I fear one of those winters or at least autumns?

Sounds like quite the adventure and not the fun kind, that ought a up your heart rate a bit.  Yes I dream about more power reserves and a bit harder modes here atm, also I really do do not like the soon as I hit 50% the beeping comes early and often and now I am reading about the 90% battery charging some do which would limit me even further should I go down such a route but then again I have not looked around for how many cycles these packs can do without dropping capacity? Must do some research into that to see if worth it for me, I understand the battery packs are expensive so need to fully understand this and make a choice.

I would highly appreciate that and do appreciate the offer very much indeed, should I get the chance I will jump on it for sure, thanks.

When it happened I was mostly swearing really loudly, it was a few minutes after it that I had to step off and calm myself the f down. It took a while for it to catch up to me so to say. That's how I tick, I seldom go mental in the actual situation, but have the shakes afterwards instead. Actually pretty good survival trick that... :D

An alternative for you is of course going the higher capacity route. An ACM 1300 or MSuperV3 1600 would give you a lot of headroom before beeping at you. Try some alternatives before you decide.

Archived