Deep experience with GT16

da_toni

16 minutes ago, da_toni said:

First riding experience in the lunch break:

:thumbup:

the Rockwheel App from the apple App Store works fine. Speedlimit, rocker speed, 1st, 2nd 3rd alarm easily adjustable. Bluetooth connectivity easily connected, and after switching of and closing the app and switching back on both it automatically reconnects. ??

Third Party App DarknessBot works fine too! (Even on Apple Watch)

The wheel is very smooth to ride. Crispy noise is a little bit louder than the Kingsong KS18. (Sounds the same at like the other GT16 which has been already sound recorded and posted in the VIDEO THREAD)

I comfortably rode ~36km/h but it would run even faster. (About 56km/h lift off Speed)

first impression :clap3::dribble:

Sweet I was thinking of getting this as my 1st wheel. I will be following this thread to see if you may run into any problems but congrats on your new GT16 :dribble:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after riding 23km on road/off-road also in the woods (i shocked a few walkers/runners :roflmao:) I can give a short conclusion:

Man, is this thing fast and agile! :D The "Raptor" (or one of the raptors) of EUC's I am pretty amazed. 38km/h max Speed (I set it in the app) is for me fast enough. Faster would be surely possible but I don't want to try that out.

Thanks for sharing your impressions guys!

I ordered the GT16 from China yesterday so hopefully I will have it in hand within a couple weeks :)

I saw that it came with two charging ports. What is the purpuse of that? Is it one port per pack or can you supply an extra charger for faster charging?

Have anyone tried it in rainy weather? Is it waterproof and do the retractable mud protector keep the water from spraying your clothes while riding?

2 hours ago, Lorents said:

Thanks for sharing your impressions guys!

I ordered the GT16 from China yesterday so hopefully I will have it in hand within a couple weeks :)

I saw that it came with two charging ports. What is the purpuse of that? Is it one port per pack or can you supply an extra charger for faster charging?

Have anyone tried it in rainy weather? Is it waterproof and do the retractable mud protector keep the water from spraying your clothes while riding?

?? From which seller did you order?

yes, it is supporting dual charging. Which means the ports are connected  in parallel. So you can have a charger on each port connected to charge twice as fast.

Regarding waterproofing, hmmm there is no IPxx waterproofing certification advertised on any sticker, website or the manual. 

Might be questionable because of the air scoop... (picture will follow)

5 hours ago, Lorents said:

Yes, the point is to employ double chargers at each end if you want half the charging time.

But AliExpress Rockwheel store shipped my GT16 with a 3A charger which is fast enough for me.

Been riding my GT16 for over a month now in what has been a rainy April in NYC, no issues.

The mudguard does seem to do its job when down (no muddy butt), but because the tire/body crevice is so tight, the mudguard has some rub against the tire, and if you don't pay attention, it has a tendency at some point to get dragged by the tire rub back into the case while riding.

And FWIW no such thing as a waterproof EUC, if you water seal the hull (no MFR does this AFAIK), wheel overheating issues will increase.

Thanks for the answers, much appreciated! As long as it can be ridden in some moderate rain I am happy. I ride my GW14 back and forth from work almost every day and it have coped very well with rain.

I ordered it from the "green and fashion travaling shop" aliexpress store. Will keep you updated on how that works out :)

So, after the long weekend (on Monday we had holiday) I and especially my girlfriend can say that we are very satisfied with the GT16 so far. 

Battery capacity is pretty nice! After riding 22km  steep mountain roads (up/downhill) it had still 50% capacity left.

It handles off-road roads, uphill/downhill very easily and can keep up with the Kingsong KS18.

We also tested it riding at night in a forest path. The light is not so bright like inmotion v8 or kingsong (ks18) but it is enough to see holes/hills on the ground to prevent a crash... ;)

5 hours ago, anims said:

May I ask to rider weight? :) Thx

Don't ask for the weight of a lady!

Ok, she has about 62kg (with lots of clothes/shoes)  but don't tell it to anyone... ;):roflmao:

Thanks for sharing da_toni :)

Do anyone know where one can download the Rockwheel android app?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SnC7pimmEUc1dPemx6V2NCR3JjbW15bVRLZkV3Zms3dS1z/view

You have to rename the file so that the android phone is able to recognize it as .apk file. (You just need to delete ".1.1" at the end of the file...

The source of the google drive link is from a comment of the YouTube User Wing Kit Chu, from the video of Citi Wheel:

https://youtu.be/YiL_Bnefces

;)

"Hey professional manufacturer, where can I download the quite essential app for your product?"

"Oh nothing unusual, just go to some random third party's Youtube video, a link to someone's Google Drive is in one of the comments. Then you just need to download and rename the file, and you can manually install the Android .apk. Easy!"

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

"Hey professional manufacturer, where can I download the quite essential app for your product?"

"Oh nothing unusual, just go to some random third party's Youtube video, a link to someone's Google Drive is in one of the comments. Then you just need to download and rename the file, and you can manually install the Android .apk. Easy!"

:lol: Yes, if Rockwheel is not (yet) able to take care of their website/customer, the customers need to to this job... :whistling::smartass:

Yesterday we rode about 45km (28miles) though forests lots of uphill, even though clover meadows and the GT16 handled that superb (I on my Kingsong KS18 thought I can go back to my girlfriends GT16 and and carry it about 300 meters, but it wasn't so :lol:) The distance from the pedals to the ground is nice and we handled every terrain without any problems.

We had comfortably overtaken a few cyclists. ?  I guess our average speed was about 22km/h (the uneven terrain in the forest lowered the average speed) but we rode on even terrain with a average speed of about 30-34km/h.

At the end of the journey the battery of the GT16 was reaching about 18-15%. There is also a low battery/voltage warning integrated which is very nice! Which means if you are accelerating harder it is "beeping" so it keeps you aware from accelerating or going faster. By keeping the battery SOC in mind we had about 1,5km left and rode comfortably with a speed of about 25km/h until we reached our destination.

We are very satisfied with the behaviour overall and I guess if we ride the GT16 mainly on flat terrains I guess we can go easily 55-60km (34-37 miles)... ;) 

One last point is the mainboard temperature. At the end of the ride I checked in the app and it was showing 40 degrees Celsius which is pretty cool. (My Kingsong was showing 50 degrees.)

• 2 weeks later...

Received one GT16 in perfect condition from "green and fashion travaling shop" aliexpress store today :thumbup: Took some time to get it shipped from Hong Kong, but when it first was shipped it only took 3 days before it showed up on my door.

Very happy with it so far. Just rode it to work today in wet conditions and the mud flap works surprisingly well. Increased speed warnings and tiltback to 30-35 km/h but havent been over 15-20 km/h yet. If the weather gets better I'll go for a longer ride with my son this weekend :)

There was two transparent rubber things taped to the charger box, are those spare dampers for the pedals or do I have to mount them somewhere?

2 hours ago, Lorents said:

Received one GT16 in perfect condition from "green and fashion travaling shop" aliexpress store today :thumbup: Took some time to get it shipped from Hong Kong, but when it first was shipped it only took 3 days before it showed up on my door.

Very happy with it so far. Just rode it to work today in wet conditions and the mud flap works surprisingly well. Increased speed warnings and tiltback to 30-35 km/h but havent been over 15-20 km/h yet. If the weather gets better I'll go for a longer ride with my son this weekend :)

There was two transparent rubber things taped to the charger box, are those spare dampers for the pedals or do I have to mount them somewhere?

Congrats! ???

I was also wondering regarding the rubber thing but I guess it's just a sparepart... ;)

3 hours ago, Lorents said:

If you look at the area on the pedal frame/support where the pedal contacts it while the pedals are folded out, there is the same transparent rubber/plastic piece.

Early GT16s had an issue of this piece falling out, resulting in unintentional sever pedal dropping, thus the inclusion of extra pieces. However, it seems Rockwheel has been thoroughly gluing these pieces to the pedal frame; at least on my GT16, there seems to be little danger of these falling out.

Thanks, I'll just keep them aside in case one of them comes loose then. They are thoroughly glued on at the moment :)

So far I'm very impressed with the GT16. Super comfortable and the way this thing handles hills that my MCM2s (340wh) struggles with is awesome. I also like that the app shows how many amps it draws from the battery.

Archived