Minipro tire pressure loss

I started checking my tire pressure regularly and noticed it loses about 5 psi per week. I fill it to 45 psi each time

I'm about 190 lbs, and go about 15 miles a week, does this sound right?

2 hours ago, icom said:

I started checking my tire pressure regularly and noticed it loses about 5 psi per week. I fill it to 45 psi each time

I'm about 190 lbs, and go about 15 miles a week, does this sound right?

Depends.

Under normal weather conditions, no, but, at least in New York, temperatures have been all over the place.

Also note, Mini Pros (in fact, most Ninebot lineage wheel stock tubes) have been known to more easily flat than most. 

Just take the tubes out, find the leak, and patch; should work wonders (unless the leak is coming from the valve opening, in which case you probably need a new tube)

50 minutes ago, Pezman said:

Also, if you are checking the tire pressure often you may simply be letting out 5 psi throughout the week. When you check the pressure a little air comes out each time.

I'm just checking 1x a week. but true, I may be leaking a little on the check

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Depends.

Under normal weather conditions, no, but, at least in New York, temperatures have been all over the place.

Also note, Mini Pros (in fact, most Ninebot lineage wheel stock tubes) have been known to more easily flat than most. 

Just take the tubes out, find the leak, and patch; should work wonders (unless the leak is coming from the valve opening, in which case you probably need a new tube)

I'm in CA, pretty stable at around 60-70. Maybe I'll live with it for now.. not sure I want to mess with taking them out :(

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Depends.

Minipro rolling on tubeless tires. So no inner tube...

Checking air pressure could be the sole reason for loosing air.

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

Minipro rolling on tubeless tires. So no inner tube...

Checking air pressure could be the sole reason for loosing air.

Ah, did not know that (admittedly was reading the issues at a glance). 

Then the stock tires must be really bad to keep having issues.

Archived