I bought a kickstand from Aubestker on Amazon. My Segway MiniPro arrived yesterday and I rode three miles but charging the MiniPro was a little awkward because it won't stand powered off. I'm adding the kickstand to it tonight with a little blue loctite to hold the bolts securely. Seems like a good first accessory. $20.99 on Amazon.

• Upvote 1

More4mini charger gets you 5 extra miles. That's the only extra I could recommend. It charges your batteries to 5700 instead of 4700. I like that.

eta - oh yeah, gotta have the kickstand.

Edited by kasenutty
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MiniProCory said:

I bought a kickstand from Aubestker on Amazon. My Segway MiniPro arrived yesterday and I rode three miles but charging the MiniPro was a little awkward because it won't stand powered off. I'm adding the kickstand to it tonight with a little blue loctite to hold the bolts securely. Seems like a good first accessory. $20.99 on Amazon.

Thanks. This seems like an excellent recommendation. I never thought about it being powered off while charging and how the unit would not stand up. Great idea. 

So does adding parts like a kickstand affect the self-balancing at all?

7 hours ago, kasenutty said:

More4mini charger gets you 5 extra miles. That's the only extra I could recommend. It charges your batteries to 5700 instead of 4700. I like that.

eta - oh yeah, gotta have the kickstand.

I've checked that if I let the stock charger do its job - charge the minipro until all 5 segments on battery display blinking and chargers LED becomes green (can take a little time), then I get battery showing ~5750 - 5770 mAh. No other tricks - 3 minipro's and consistent results all the way.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Vik's said:

I've checked that if I let the stock charger do its job - charge the minipro until all 5 segments on battery display blinking and chargers LED becomes green (can take a little time), then I get battery showing ~5750 - 5770 mAh. No other tricks - 3 minipro's and consistent results all the way.

"A little time" -- would you mind being specific regarding how long it takes to get it charged all the way? Thanks

@Pezman

I don't have precise time measurments on that but something around 15-30 minutes. I usually let them sit on a charger for an hour or so after the green light. But sometimes I charge them before taking a ride and then I just take them off the charger right after green lignt coming up. That's when I've seen >5700mAh figures a few times when checking the app.

Edited by Vik's

3 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Which firmware are you using, Vik's?

FW 1.3.1 and BMS 1.1.3 on all three of them (didn't update to 1.4.0 yet)

Just done a full charge on one random minipro that was depleted. Waiting till all the segments were blinking on miniPro then observed that charger's led indicator began to quickly pulse red/green and after 5 to 10 minutes it went solid green. Disconnected from the charger and hooked it up to ninebot app:

Screenshot_20170331-184154.thumb.png.2fb887b0c8f418dff1b17aa4bec3c828.pngScreenshot_20170331-184205.thumb.png.e7944db8a77b83347da539f9e144ceac.png

PS. Changed from metric to imperial in the app now, showing 19 miles (~30,5km):

Screenshot_20170331-192147.thumb.png.3235273c9e6c8b7e05410c1f491e0c2d.png

Edited by Vik's
pics

That's crazy, I've talked to several other owners who only get 4700-4800 from a regular stock Ninebot charger. I wonder if they've sent different chargers to different regions, or switched to a new design. There are other posts in here about the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

That's crazy, I've talked to several other owners who only get 4700-4800 from a regular stock Ninebot charger. I wonder if they've sent different chargers to different regions, or switched to a new design. There are other posts in here about the same thing. 

Don't know about that but for a battery that is a year old it's pretty damn impressive. I don't use them as much as I have 3 of them though (and I commute on 9b1). So they are in mint condition and survived through winter months well.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

Can anyone tell me if the handlebar that you can buy on Amazon fits all the Segways (mini, mini pro and s-plus). My husband had cochlear implants put in since I bought his Segway for him. He loves it but feels unsteady now. He’d feel better about riding it if he had a handlebar. 

• Like 1