• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pezman said:

I'm so excited! Just order my Mini Pro from Amazon Canada for just $639 CND. Great deal!! For comparison that is about $479 USD.

Bargain! Enjoy your new ride! You'll love it! ;)

I got the same deal and couldn't believe my luck as I had the MiniPro in my cart for about a month before it was deal of the day and I was unsure whether or not to buy it at $799.  I chose free shipping and it took ages to ship, like yours did.  I asked them to speed things up and they upgraded it to express.  Mine came last Friday and I am in love with it.  Yours must have arrived by now, surely.  My guess is that you are having too much fun on it to come back and update this thread.

10 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I got the same deal and couldn't believe my luck as I had the MiniPro in my cart for about a month before it was deal of the day and I was unsure whether or not to buy it at $799.  I chose free shipping and it took ages to ship, like yours did.  I asked them to speed things up and they upgraded it to express.  Mine came last Friday and I am in love with it.  Yours must have arrived by now, surely.  My guess is that you are having too much fun on it to come back and update this thread.

Actually no. Mine has not shipped yet. They have "escalated" my case but there has been no movement on it yet. Seriously annoyed. 

They have upgraded my shipping twice, which means nothing if they don't even know why it is not shipped yet. 

So did you order yours on March 26th like me? 

3 hours ago, Pezman said:

Actually no. Mine has not shipped yet. They have "escalated" my case but there has been no movement on it yet. Seriously annoyed. 

They have upgraded my shipping twice, which means nothing if they don't even know why it is not shipped yet. 

So did you order yours on March 26th like me? 

Yes March 26th, when it was Deal of the Day.  I have been riding mine for 6 days now.  Yours should have at least shipped by now if it was upgraded to express shipping.  When they upgraded mine to express it shipped the next day and came the day after that.  Which province do you live in?  I'm in Ontario.  I'm wondering if they ran out of stock before shipping yours.  Deal of the Day can be hectic for them with certain items when people go nuts for the deal. I wonder if perhaps their system showed more in stock than were available and now they are waiting for more stock before they can honour your order.  It's a third party seller fulfilled by Amazon so perhaps their inventory wasn't exactly accurate.  Just a thought.

Try not to be too annoyed.  Amazon will get it sorted and they will certainly honour the deal.  You got a fantastic deal - it's just taking a little longer for some reason.  But it's something to look forward to.  If you're anything like me you are going to absolutely love this thing!  Especially on day two, once the initial learning curve is over and you're flying around like a pro.

21 hours ago, icom said:

did you make sure it was "sold by Amazon", not sold by some 3rd party scammer?

Yes, it is a legit Amazon order. I have been in contact with customer service 5 times now. I am extremely frustrated with them.  The latest news is that it is a technical error on their end and they are trying to resolve it.  This is by far the worst online purchasing experience I have ever had and I have come to expect far better from Amazon.

If that's the worst online purchase experience you've ever had, you have had it super easy.  The worst case scenario in this situation is that you receive your order a bit later than expected.  Amazon will not screw you over.  They may even apply a further discount for you for the hassle if you ask them - seriously, try it.  I have ordered over 500 items from them in the last 6 years and their customer service is superb. You still got a stellar deal and the weather still sucks here anyway. It's disappointing when we don't get what we want exactly when we want it, but a little patience will serve you well.  You'll be riding it before too long.  

1 hour ago, RooMiniPro said:

If that's the worst online purchase experience you've ever had, you have had it super easy.  The worst case scenario in this situation is that you receive your order a bit later than expected.  Amazon will not screw you over.  They may even apply a further discount for you for the hassle if you ask them - seriously, try it.  I have ordered over 500 items from them in the last 6 years and their customer service is superb. You still got a stellar deal and the weather still sucks here anyway. It's disappointing when we don't get what we want exactly when we want it, but a little patience will serve you well.  You'll be riding it before too long.  

I appreciate your sobering perspective.  You are right. I have had mostly great experiences when shopping online (eBay, amazon, walmart, etc..) and this situation is really not that big of deal.  Annoying yes but really not worth getting tense over.  Thanks again for the perspective. 

14 minutes ago, Pezman said:

I appreciate your sobering perspective.  You are right. I have had mostly great experiences when shopping online (eBay, amazon, walmart, etc..) and this situation is really not that big of deal.  Annoying yes but really not worth getting tense over.  Thanks again for the perspective. 

No problem.  I do hope it comes for you soon. I'm curious to hear how you like it and if the extended wait was worth it.

This is weird. I have never had a problem like this with Amazon and I have a really big history with them and I'm a top 100 reviewer.  I would push them some more for a resolution, and once you get the Minipro, email customer service and tell them that this long and unexpected delay messed up your plans and that you are disappointed that they are not giving you an explanation and you would like a partial refund for the hassle. 

7 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

This is weird. I have never had a problem like this with Amazon and I have a really big history with them and I'm a top 100 reviewer.  I would push them some more for a resolution, and once you get the Minipro, email customer service and tell them that this long and unexpected delay messed up your plans and that you are disappointed that they are not giving you an explanation and you would like a partial refund for the hassle. 

I'm hoping that something will happen today. I will be contacting customer support again today (6th time). Last word was that this was a technical issue and that it takes 24 to 48 hours to fix, that was 4 days ago. 

15 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I'm hoping that something will happen today. I will be contacting customer support again today (6th time). Last word was that this was a technical issue and that it takes 24 to 48 hours to fix, that was 4 days ago. 

Ah ha!! Finally, someone at Amazon who knows what's up. I called again just now and the customer service rep took about 1 minute to diagnose the problem (turns out it was related to my PO Box and the Mini's Batteries) she saw the issue right away and fixed it and the transaction went through almost instantly.  She said it should be here on Thursday, I actually live in a fairly remote area so it might be a day or two longer than that and with Easter it might even be the middle of next week, but at least it is happening that's all I really wanted. Oh and I got an additional $30 credit for my trouble (can't complain). I will post a pic once it arrives!! 

Archived