Kingsong 14D Review

Ovie Verner

Great review.  I too ride a ninebot one E and am looking for an upgrade.  I love that there are so many options.  Thanks!

Edit:  upon looking, it diesnt seem like this model is yet available in the states :S

Is this model brand new?  Seems to me like it's an update that reflects the ks16, which I'm also considering...

2 hours ago, Tjtripp said:

Great review.  I too ride a ninebot one E and am looking for an upgrade.  I love that there are so many options.  Thanks!

Edit:  upon looking, it diesnt seem like this model is yet available in the states :S

Is this model brand new?  Seems to me like it's an update that reflects the ks16, which I'm also considering...

If you plan on riding distances of at least 20 miles, I'd recommend you go with the KS16S.  The extra 2" in diameter of the wheel and the extra battery power will give you more range and still have lots of power for climbing hills.

It seems  like 16" wheels are the sweet spot for climbing steep long hills while still giving you decent range as well.

Allen

1 hour ago, Tjtripp said:

Ill realistically only ride maybe 10 to 15 miles on occassion as I live about 1 mile from where I work.  But I'd like to one day maybe go on a long ride.   Hmmm.....

The 14D would probably good enough for you, but I always like to get something a little more than what I think.  That way, later I'm not apt to say "Gee, I wish I would of gotten something a little better".
(But then again, that's me.)

@Jason McNeil has his warehouse out here in Southern California, so if you order from him @ ewheels.com, it will be delivered very fast.
(He's the one that I got my 3 EUC's from.)  I don't know though if he has any instock though, so you'd have to ask him.)

Allen

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 3:26 PM, Tjtripp said:

Sorry for my late reply. I din't find anyone selling The Kingsong 14D in the US. Otherwise I would have put a link into my review. The Kingsong 16 is very similar from all i have seen. Glad you liked my review :)

• 3 weeks later...

Had a couple 14Ds from the last KS order; they're decent Wheels, solidly built, many improvements over the 14C, just the battery pack is a bit small. 

A Customer bought a 14D to use as a training Wheel before his Monster arrives, wanted to know if there was a way to protect his Wheel, so I tried fitting the V5F Protective Cover. Look at how snuggly it fits, as if it was designed for the Wheel—you'll have to make a small incision in the back to access the charging port without taking it. 

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjaEdiemxvS

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Had a couple 14Ds from the last KS order; they're decent Wheels, solidly built, many improvements over the 14C, just the battery pack is a bit small.

They had the one 14 incher with bigger battery options with the 14C, and gave up on it. Whyyyyyy?

Any chance of bigger battery versions of the 14D coming later, or is it constrained by the space inside the shell?

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

They had the one 14 incher with bigger battery options with the 14C, and gave up on it. Whyyyyyy?

Probably a combination of arrogance, wishful thinking, belief that Customers will buy anything they produced, lack of understanding of current demand & what their competitor is making....

On 5/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Any chance of bigger battery versions of the 14D coming later, or is it constrained by the space inside the shell?

The EUC gods have heard our prayers, there's rumblings of an imminent 840Wh announcement....

@Jason McNeil I'm not in the market for a 14 incher, but if I were I'd never go for less than those 840 Wh, so great news!

With the 16S and 18S the S seems to stand for "sports", the leg pads show "Kingsong Sports" on the 16S and 18S (see here) instead of the usual "Kingsong" on the other KS wheels.

Will the 14S also have a stronger motor like the bigger S-es, or is it just bigger battery this time?

It looks like they are gonna pop out the side pads like I did on my 16b to make more battery space.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 IKSmxIJ.jpg

9 hours ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

The "S" of KS-14S stands for "Sports".It has more beautiful design and more powerful battery than KS-14D. Please wait for it.It will be available at the beginning of June. :laughbounce2:

KS-14S 1.jpg

KS-14S.jpg

ohhhhh, It really great. What is the engine power of KS14S?

Archived